Apocalypse Now

Apocalypse Now

How come so many Christians know when when the end times are going to happen, some know the date. Scripture says that we will not know when, the signs spoke of in Revelations is commonly attributed to Nero's days.

Answer with extreme prejudice.

Dates have always been set... None have been true... Some were well meaning mathmaticians, some like the Seventh Day Adventist goofed, others were phoneys...

Obviously, if you read the entire Book of Revelations it can not be Nero days... That's another lie... we've heard for years...

As a new christian I was obsessed with Revelations until the Lord spoke and said, You come follow Me...

Welcome Diana! If you would like a more in-depth study on End Times just ask.
The Book of Revelation tells us a lot about the Last Generation, but there are also other books we can turn to...like Daniel. As far as knowing the Day this will all take place, the Bible is specific.
Mark 13:32 (KJV) — But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
But, the Bible also says we will know the signs...which we see all around us today.

Jesus said we would not know the day nor the hour but He also said we would know the seasons by their signs. Jesus could come back today- that would be great! If however by His mercy He decides to wait another couple of hundred years that would also be just fine with me. We will watch the signs but leave the final decision to Him.

Oh yeah!

Although a Christian work, the Apocalypse belongs to a class of literature dealing with eschatological subjects and much in vogue among the Jews of the first century before, and after, Christ. As the New Advent states. It's a standard interpretation. It's a piece of scripture that is not to be taken literarily.

Im still a newb Christian but...

It's a piece of scripture that is not to be taken literarily.

I dont know about that like...there seems to me to be more than enough Prophecy in the rest of the Bible i would say that ties in and supports a literal acknowledgement of Revelation.

I for one would like an indepth study Freedom07 if you can help in anyway i would be very gratefull.

How come so many Christians know when when the end times are going to happen, some know the date. Scripture says that we will not know when, the signs spoke of in Revelations is commonly attributed to Nero's days.

Answer with extreme prejudice.

-What's with the: "Answer with extreme prejudice." friend? As if any true Christian has been prejudice to you. Do you not know that it's God you are lying to about Children of God being prejudice?

-Btw, the book is called Revelation not "Revelations". If you understand it so perfectly why don't you know what it really is? Where were you when God said let their be light? What is Nero compared to our God?

-Christians do not know the day or the hour (Only the Father knows precisely when) specifically, however there are many scriptures that refer to "signs of the times" Do you stereotype everyone or just Christians?

I Love you and pray that you will come to understand the truth you seek. Even if you are "incapable of understanding" that I do Love you, I still Love you reguardless

- I Love by default not because I expect it in return

I might be wrong ServantofGod, but you sounded a little rude in your post.
I hope you didn’t mean to be.

I might be wrong ServantofGod, but you sounded a little rude in your post.
I hope you didn’t mean to be.

I don't understand how I was rude :eek: if so I did not mean to sound rude by "simply asking questions". However I did say I loved this person reguardless if they Love me or not.

-What's with the: "Answer with extreme prejudice." friend? As if any true Christian has been prejudice to you. Do you not know that it's God you are lying to about Children of God being prejudice?

-Btw, the book is called Revelation not "Revelations". If you understand it so perfectly why don't you know what it really is? Where were you when God said let their be light? What is Nero compared to our God?

-Christians do not know the day or the hour (Only the Father knows precisely when) specifically, however there are many scriptures that refer to "signs of the times" Do you stereotype everyone or just Christians?

I Love you and pray that you will come to understand the truth you seek. Even if you are "incapable of understanding" that I do Love you, I still Love you reguardless

- I Love by default not because I expect it in return

Never heard the phrase "with extreme prejudice"?:confused: Whatever...

Throughout history, there have been people who saw these as the "end times." I think that Paul, in some letter, said that "the end times are upon you." I can't remember where:eek:

In every generation, there have been people saying that the end times are upon us. This is no novelty of modern society.

This person isn't saying that he (she?) understands Revelation, only that we cannot presume to understand it any more than those in the past could. Am I right?

Wherever the scripture is not litteral it will interpet itself elsewhere ie the symbolism of Revelation and it's explantions in Daniel- selah.

So I guess by your question that a so call Christian, that say he knows when the end time is, is not a real Christian.
Because a real Christian will tell you as in Mark 13:32 that no man knows when the end time is, only the Father.

Well anyone can be deluded or mistaken, as far as salvation that is between him and God and I cannot judge.

One thing is for sure, Jesus is coming again.

Maybe today, maybe tomorrow, maybe next year, maybe in ten years or a hundred years.

Another thing that we can be sure of is that the signs of His return are definately getting clearer everyday.

We assume that the world cannot get any worse, that is why throughout the ages people have said that the return of Christ is close. But the reality is that we do not know how bad the world can actually get.

Until His return, be watchfull and faithfull

Back