Appeasement

“An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.” … Winston Churchill

Appeasement is a political strategy of trying to pacify a potentially hostile nation in the hope of avoiding a war by often making concessions as a way of compromise. It is a term often applied to the diplomatic philosophy of Great Britain’s Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain in his efforts to prevent war with Italy and Germany prior to the Second World War. When the desires of your enemy are clear, and the threat is real and well established, there is nothing to be gained in trying to pacify your enemy through appeasement. The gap between light and darkness and the distance between right and wrong increases, and it is past compromise with evil that has weakened the foundation of that which is just, right, and good, and further appeasement will only weaken that which has already been compromised. At times, there is a need for diplomacy, and some compromise may be beneficial, but compromise with evil and appeasement with a known enemy is not the way unto victory. When truth and light compromise with lies and darkness the result is always the same, evil gains power and good is weakened. The policy of appeasement with a known enemy is the pathway to defeat.

At this time our greatest enemy is within our nation and not with other nations. We are at war with darkness and darkness seeks destruction of all that is good and just and does not seek compromise and does not seek peace. For those who desire peace at all costs will only be seen as weak by those of darkness. I pray for mercy upon our nation at this time but I do understand that there is a difference between seeking mercy and seeking peace. We must be Christian warriors ready to stand up for our religious freedoms and rights given unto us by God not by government.

I thought we overcame evil with good and blessed our enemies.
Paul (saul) wasn't given a pot load of money to stop persecuting Christians. He saw a bright light and heard a voice and was knocked of his horse and blinded. Jesus asked Paul why he was persecuting him.

Maybe thats a good question - WHY do your enemies hate you?

Joan of Arc didn't fight according to accounts she just declared that the English didn't have any right to attack and maybe they listened to her cos she was a woman.

Thing is people are humans and God's creatures they aren't crocodiles. The conspiracy theories that people are lizards are just that - conspiracy theories. The real enemy isn't human. It's satan's influence. Otherwise would Jesus have killed Saul? No he didn't. He changed him and overcame him with love. It was more than a mere truce. It was a complete conversion that Jesus was after.

We do overcome evil by standing for what is good both in word and in deed. We fight evil and darkness with good and light. But it is a fight. We love our enemies not by compromise or acceptance. The greatest love is by showing them that the message of repentance and baptism as never changed. They must repent and turn their lives over to Jesus. Love is seen in standing for light and declaring it. Satan and his demons are the true enemy but the battlefield is with the human race. Some embrace evil gladly and rejoice in it, some are deceived and are lost and alone, you are to be warriors of light to fight the darkness and seek their change. Praying for mercy is not the same as praying for peace, most in darkness do not desire peace they desire the destruction of what if good, just and holy.

Never called humans crocodiles... it was an analogy that Winston Churchill uses when fighting against the Nazis and fighting against compromise and surrender unto a regime of evil.

mm well I was born post-war so don't really relate to the whole nazi thing. I understand that at the time, the whole world was at war, but today, we have different concerns, like environmental degradation relating to the aftermath of THOSE wars...and these affect every country. So called enemy or not, under all sorts of rule. Of course when the righteous are in authority the people rejoice, but I wouldn't say the righteous are in authority in every situation, every country, every town, every workplace and every home.

The authority Jesus gives us isn't political.

“An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.” … Winston Churchill

Appeasement is a political strategy of trying to pacify a potentially hostile nation in the hope of avoiding a war by often making concessions as a way of compromise. It is a term often applied to the diplomatic philosophy of Great Britain’s Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain in his efforts to prevent war with Italy and Germany prior to the Second World War. When the desires of your enemy are clear, and the threat is real and well established, there is nothing to be gained in trying to pacify your enemy through appeasement. The gap between light and darkness and the distance between right and wrong increases, and it is past compromise with evil that has weakened the foundation of that which is just, right, and good, and further appeasement will only weaken that which has already been compromised. At times, there is a need for diplomacy, and some compromise may be beneficial, but compromise with evil and appeasement with a known enemy is not the way unto victory. When truth and light compromise with lies and darkness the result is always the same, evil gains power and good is weakened. The policy of appeasement with a known enemy is the pathway to defeat.

At this time our greatest enemy is within our nation and not with other nations. We are at war with darkness and darkness seeks destruction of all that is good and just and does not seek compromise and does not seek peace. For those who desire peace at all costs will only be seen as weak by those of darkness. I pray for mercy upon our nation at this time but I do understand that there is a difference between seeking mercy and seeking peace. We must be Christian warriors ready to stand up for our religious freedoms and rights given unto us by God not by government.

Excellent post! I agree 100%.

Darkness/Evil takes many different forms.

Ephesians 6:11-19
"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— 19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

You don't fight fire with fire.
You douse it with water.

You don't put our darkness with more darkness, you turn on the light.

Lots of people seem to think an enemy is just a nation that's not their own. That's kind of weird, like they don't understand good sportsmanship either and think they must win at all costs.

The Treaty of Versailles from the first world war obviously didn't work with Germany and that gave rise to the Nazi party. The harsh reparations from that fueled desire for another invasion and another war. The treaty was trying to keep the peace it obviously failed, as the second world war was worse than the first. So any other kind of 'appeasement' never would have made any difference because this Treaty had already been signed back in 1919 and resentment had stemmed from that (we're just gonna give you czechoslovakia as a consolation prize!)

You might have to look deeper into history to find out what really went on there, and it's not quite how some people present it.

mm well I was born post-war so don't really relate to the whole nazi thing. I understand that at the time, the whole world was at war, but today, we have different concerns, like environmental degradation relating to the aftermath of THOSE wars...and these affect every country. So called enemy or not, under all sorts of rule. Of course when the righteous are in authority the people rejoice, but I wouldn't say the righteous are in authority in every situation, every country, every town, every workplace and every home.

You should learn from history for the evil that existed still exists and never seeks peace but only destruction. Not as concerned about our environmental issues as much as I am concerned with our moral decline, where good is called evil and evil is called good. I agree that the righteous are not in authority. Too many of the righteous are silent and weak in faith, in conviction and in light.

You don't fight fire with fire.
You douse it with water.

You don't put our darkness with more darkness, you turn on the light.

Lots of people seem to think an enemy is just a nation that's not their own. That's kind of weird, like they don't understand good sportsmanship either and think they must win at all costs.

The Treaty of Versailles from the first world war obviously didn't work with Germany and that gave rise to the Nazi party. The harsh reparations from that fueled desire for another invasion and another war. The treaty was trying to keep the peace it obviously failed, as the second world war was worse than the first. So any other kind of 'appeasement' never would have made any difference because this Treaty had already been signed back in 1919 and resentment had stemmed from that (we're just gonna give you czechoslovakia as a consolation prize!)

You might have to look deeper into history to find out what really went on there, and it's not quite how some people present it.
This post sounds like we are in total agreement. You cannot appease and you cannot compromise. You fight darkness with light, but you do fight.

Sorry forgot to reply to your last statement that the authority Jesus gives us isn't political. The authority the Lord gives us is to stand for light, to declare light and live according to light This means it is not to be hid in church. So our light is to be seen in church, in the community, in family, in our live and yes in politics.

Sorry forgot to reply to your last statement that the authority Jesus gives us isn't political. The authority the Lord gives us is to stand for light, to declare light and live according to light This means it is not to be hid in church. So our light is to be seen in church, in the community, in family, in our live and yes in politics.
I don't really agree with the last one considering Jesus said his servants didn't fight and that the Pharisees and Sadducees, the Sanhedrin, that were involved in politics at the time, had most of the political authority with the Romans but Jesus did not choose to train his disciples to be lawyers or politicians. He actually said WOE to the lawyers and tax collectors.

I do agree that we should be light though, but politics is very corrupting on even Christian parties. We have had so many fall from grace because they go after hot button issues they think christians will vote for, but ignore everything else, or they are in kahoots with zionists, racists, etc. Some of the most racist politicians court the christian vote because they think christians are only of a certain race, or because christians seem to be 'richer' or can pay the most tax. Which isn't the case.

This post sounds like we are in total agreement. You cannot appease and you cannot compromise. You fight darkness with light, but you do fight.
standing ones ground isn't fighting. It's resisting.
Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

The battle is the Lord's. Thats what people forget. Prayer is on our knees for sure, but the spiritual warfare is fought amongst the angels and demons. Both of these spirit beings are more powerful than humans. It's not like in Harry Potter where you use magic for the good side' and take vengeance on Lord Voldemort or whoever. You are more likely to be corrupted if you do that and become as worse as the enemy.

Steve Irwin the famed crocodile hunter, possibly misunderstood what crocodiles were about.
You leave them alone you don't get into a fight with them, and you don't provoke them. You don't ruin their habitat either. He didn't learn his lesson with the stingray, while they can be friendly, they can also sting and kill you when provoked.

Some people swim with sharks, but respect their territory by not depriving them of food. You don't bait them either or imprison them.

I don't really agree with the last one considering Jesus said his servants didn't fight and that the Pharisees and Sadducees, the Sanhedrin, that were involved in politics at the time, had most of the political authority with the Romans but Jesus did not choose to train his disciples to be lawyers or politicians. He actually said WOE to the lawyers and tax collectors.

I do agree that we should be light though, but politics is very corrupting on even Christian parties. We have had so many fall from grace because they go after hot button issues they think christians will vote for, but ignore everything else, or they are in kahoots with zionists, racists, etc. Some of the most racist politicians court the christian vote because they think christians are only of a certain race, or because christians seem to be 'richer' or can pay the most tax. Which isn't the case.
I agree Jesus didn't train his disciples to be lawyers and tax collectors, in fact Matthew turned from that line of work. However, He definitely taught them to fight, not with the armaments of men but with the greater tools of the spirit of the Lord.

standing ones ground isn't fighting. It's resisting.
Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

The battle is the Lord's. Thats what people forget. Prayer is on our knees for sure, but the spiritual warfare is fought amongst the angels and demons. Both of these spirit beings are more powerful than humans. It's not like in Harry Potter where you use magic for the good side' and take vengeance on Lord Voldemort or whoever. You are more likely to be corrupted if you do that and become as worse as the enemy.
You just named one of the problems of so many Christians. They believe that it is simply enough to defend against the darkness. The armor of God is defense or resisting but it is also to protect as you attack. The sword is to be used against the darkness. I do not believe we are to simply "hunker down" and wait it out, every man for himself as it were. As Christians we are to go forth and declare truth and trust me that is fighting the lies of darkness. The battle is the Lord's and we are his soldiers, in him there will be victory. Satan and his demons are indeed powerful but all power belongs to the Almighty God and if he is for us then who can be against us! Never use magic just the power of the Lord. Also never fight evil with evil, fight evil with good.

Steve Irwin the famed crocodile hunter, possibly misunderstood what crocodiles were about.
You leave them alone you don't get into a fight with them, and you don't provoke them. You don't ruin their habitat either. He didn't learn his lesson with the stingray, while they can be friendly, they can also sting and kill you when provoked.

Some people swim with sharks, but respect their territory by not depriving them of food. You don't bait them either or imprison them.
Still not sure if you understood that my first post about a crocodile was an analogy?

Sorry not really.
Do you live in Australia, where they have crocodiles? Just wondering if you have any interaction with them at all. So you would understand how they operate. If they are well fed, they won't attack you, just as lions won't if they are not hungry. They won't go hungry if their habitat already has enough food for them...the problem often comes when people destroy their habitat, or invade their territory. Probably without even being aware of it.

Back