Appreciation for Oregon, Washington and California

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Hello brothers and sisters;

Part One.

My wife and I took a week off and traveled through Oregon and stayed in Washington. It was a beautiful drive.

We left last Monday from the SF Bay Area and drove 6 hours to Medford, Oregon and stayed overnight.
Tuesday morning we proceeded 6 hours to Centralia, Washington, a central point and stayed there 4 days. That afternoon we drove down to Winlock, WA and visited old friends since we were in grade school.

Winlock is famous for the world's largest egg.
lol! Randy was my first keyboard player when we started a rock group in 1972. He went on to play praise and worship in the Church. Vern Zander was Winlock's poultryman who put the town on the map. Across from the Egg is the Egg Poultry and Flower Shop. Donna, Randy, Hazel and I are trying to do a selfie. lol!

On Wednesday we visited friends in Port Orchard, WA, Steve and Tari. I grew up with Steve since we were also in grade school. Here's Hazel, Tari and Steve and their large acres of property, trees, brushes. I took a couple of photos of Port Orchard's dock and from a distance is Seattle.

Attachments

• WinlockEgg 2024.jpeg
    WinlockEgg 2024.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 3
  • PortOrchardSeattle2024.jpg
    PortOrchardSeattle2024.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 3
  • PortOrchardDockSeattle2024.jpg
    PortOrchardDockSeattle2024.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 3
  • HazelTariStevePortOrchard2024.jpg
    HazelTariStevePortOrchard2024.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 3
  • WinlockFlowerShop2024.jpg
    WinlockFlowerShop2024.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 3
  • WinlockEggPoultry2024.jpg
    WinlockEggPoultry2024.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DonnaRandyHazelBobSelfieWinlock2024.jpg
    DonnaRandyHazelBobSelfieWinlock2024.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 3
  • VernZanderWinlock1993.jpg
    VernZanderWinlock1993.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 3
  • BobandHazelWinlock2024.jpg
    BobandHazelWinlock2024.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 3
  • RandyandBobWinlock2024.jpg
    RandyandBobWinlock2024.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 3
Part Two

Here we are attempting to do a selfie in front of their home and property.

On Thursday we went back to visit Randy and Donna. While there we visited Randy's sister, Patty, husband Mike and family. Patty and I grew up in 5th grade through high school. Attached is a photo of Mike and Patty's son Michael who's wife is expecting their first child this July.

Attachments

• PattyMikeandSonMichael 2024.jpeg
    PattyMikeandSonMichael 2024.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 3
  • RandyDonnaMikePattyHazelBob2024.jpeg
    RandyDonnaMikePattyHazelBob2024.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 3
  • BobHazelTariStevePortOrchard2024.jpeg
    BobHazelTariStevePortOrchard2024.jpeg
    284.9 KB · Views: 3
  • SteveTariHazelBobPortOrchard2024.jpg
    SteveTariHazelBobPortOrchard2024.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Friday morning Hazel and I left Centralia and drove 6 hours back to Medford, Oregon and stayed overnight. Saturday morning we drove the final 6 hours back to the San Francisco Bay Area. While driving Hazel took these two photos;

God's Rainbow driving up to Washington and Mount Shasta as we crossed the border back to California.

While driving Hazel and I had a long time bonding in conversation and listening to her streaming music, we both agreed that despite all the news of world events including California, Oregon and Washington, we both agreed that there was so much beauty in these three states and how our friends have all come a long way and are settled and happy with their lives. Instead of the ease of texting each other we found so much more enjoyment of seeing each other again face to face.

Overall, it was a good trip and the drive was certainly worth it. For this we give all the glory and thanksgiving to God.

Bob

Attachments

• God's Rainbow 2024.jpeg
    God's Rainbow 2024.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Mount Shasta 2024.jpeg
    Mount Shasta 2024.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 3
America is so vast. Glad you had a good time.
That mountain looks amazing.
Looks like God just emptied all His icing sugar packets all over it 😊

And its such a small world to be travelling near another member (Jason), who lives half an hour away 😁

I was chatting with Cosia, and I said we all need to have a GBGT (Great Big Get Together) one day, All though I know some of us probably may not be able to attend, but it would be good to meet with everyone here, just so we can all throw custard pies at each other when our posts gets on each other's nerves haha

L😎L

Fifi in Christ, being silly as usual....

Great trip report bob.

Back