Are Rewards In Heaven Fair?

I don't understand it so it seems unfair to me. Like for example, how could it be fair to compare a person who was raised in a super loving Christian family and got saved early and had lots of opportunities to do good works compared to someone who was raised in an abusive family or some really bad place and got saved but most of the time was just struggling to survive? It doesn't seem right to compare the two. I do know however that God is just, I just can't wrap my mind around this whole rewards thing.

I don't understand it so it seems unfair to me. Like for example, how could it be fair to compare a person who was raised in a super loving Christian family and got saved early and had lots of opportunities to do good works compared to someone who was raised in an abusive family or some really bad place and got saved but most of the time was just struggling to survive? It doesn't seem right to compare the two. I do know however that God is just, I just can't wrap my mind around this whole rewards thing.

I'm not sure how the rating system in heaven works. Maybe for the person that was in the abusive family gets more points when he does something good vs the person that is always in the perfect situation, and never has to face any real trials and tribulations.

Either way, in my humble opinion, anything and everything God does is always fair.

From what I have learnt about God.....someone can be saved for 30 minutes and have more reward then someone who is saved for 50 years.

God judges depth of intent. An unsaved person taking a bullet for a Christian = Instant change of heart and a great depth of intent. Just imagine what God can and will entrust that person with in Heaven. Those who diligently serve the Lord should ideally have more reward as diligent service requires a depth of intent. But it is not the rule.

We will all have the luxuries of mansions and gold driveways, but some of us will just be closer to God and able to be entrusted with more. It is just like marriage. We can all have faithful, good spouses. But yet some of us just are closer to our spouses then others.

There will be no jealousy! We will all have our cups full, but yet some just will have bigger or smaller cups.

It is all dependent on just 'how much' we really do desire to be after God's heart.

Don't you think God would take that into account? Certainly. He's just and fair indeed. Besides, we'll give all our crowns to Him!

I don't have any problem with that.. Because in both the cases, the good work is a result of Holy Spirit working in the person's heart.. It is not the social influence, parents, character, etc.. Simply work of Holy Spirit.. We look at the outward things.. God looks at how the person yielded to the conviction of Holy Spirit.. Rewards are based on that inner reaction.. Which we can't see and we can never judge fairly.. Thank God, He is judging :D

Mat 20:1 "For the kingdom of heaven is like a master of a house who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard.
Mat 20:2 After agreeing with the laborers for a denarius a day, he sent them into his vineyard.
Mat 20:3 And going out about the third hour he saw others standing idle in the marketplace,
Mat 20:4 and to them he said, 'You go into the vineyard too, and whatever is right I will give you.'
Mat 20:5 So they went. Going out again about the sixth hour and the ninth hour, he did the same.
Mat 20:6 And about the eleventh hour he went out and found others standing. And he said to them, 'Why do you stand here idle all day?'
Mat 20:7 They said to him, 'Because no one has hired us.' He said to them, 'You go into the vineyard too.'
Mat 20:8 And when evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, 'Call the laborers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last, up to the first.'
Mat 20:9 And when those hired about the eleventh hour came, each of them received a denarius.
Mat 20:10 Now when those hired first came, they thought they would receive more, but each of them also received a denarius.
Mat 20:11 And on receiving it they grumbled at the master of the house,
Mat 20:12 saying, 'These last worked only one hour, and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the day and the scorching heat.'
Mat 20:13 But he replied to one of them, 'Friend, I am doing you no wrong. Did you not agree with me for a denarius?
Mat 20:14 Take what belongs to you and go. I choose to give to this last worker as I give to you.
Mat 20:15 Am I not allowed to do what I choose with what belongs to me? Or do you begrudge my generosity?'
Mat 20:16 So the last will be first, and the first last."

Deu_32:4 As for the Rock, his work is perfect,
for all his ways are just.
He is a reliable God who is never unjust,
he is fair and upright.
(NET)

Psa_25:8 The LORD is both kind and fair;
that is why he teaches sinners the right way to live.(NET)

Psa_33:4 For4 the LORD's decrees are just,
and everything he does is fair. (NET)

One of the first questions in the Bible is satan saying, "Oh, come on Chavah! Has G-d been fair to you? Wouldn't you like to be as wise as He, knowing good and evil?"

We are mere human. Who are we to question if G-d is fair, when he knows all things, past, present, and future?

I believe it just might be by "works" after we were saved. We are saved by grace to be the servents of God.

Remember that God is the judge and however He has decided, it will be just and fair!

Luke 6:43
"For a good tree brings not forth corrupt fruit and a corrupt tree brings not forth good fruit".

Where do you think the injustice is? all believers have struggles and all will see heaven and be rewarded for many and various things. The least will be considered great.

Matthew 5:19
New Living Translation (NLT)
So if you ignore the least commandment and teach others to do the same, you will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But anyone who obeys God’s laws and teaches them will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Therefore, we see there are degrees of reward just as there are degrees of punishment in hell. As for me, I am just grateful to be considered a citizen of heaven by knowing Jesus.

Philippians 3:20 (NLT)
But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior.

In the end, after the rewards are meted out, what will we do with them but throw our crowns at the feet of the one who truly deserves all the praise and all the glory---JESUS!!

Last edited:
What about these scriptures? When are we being judged?

2Co 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be paid back according to what he has done while in the body, whether good or evil.

1Pe 4:17 For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?
1Pe 4:18 And "If the righteous is scarcely saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

1Co 11:31 But if we judged ourselves truly, we would not be judged.
1Co 11:32 But when we are judged by the Lord, we are disciplined so that we may not be condemned along with the world.

Heb 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

When are these rewards being pasted out.

One of the first questions in the Bible is satan saying, "Oh, come on Chavah! Has G-d been fair to you? Wouldn't you like to be as wise as He, knowing good and evil?"

We are mere human. Who are we to question if G-d is fair, when he knows all things, past, present, and future?
But then He is not rebuffed by, surprised by, or offended by our questions when we are seeking Truth.

Back