Are Single People More Spiritual?

I probably think of it so highly just because I admire people that completely devote themselves to God. I've always thought taking a vow of poverty and all that was interesting.

@Huntingteckel, How could you serve Christ better by taking a vow of poverty?

If I look around me I notice the far majority of pastors are married, not single.

Also what about the gifts of the spirit, love, joy, peace, patience, long-suffering, etc. Do single people really exhibit these more than married? Or have married people learned these qualities more in the process of being patient and long suffering with their spouse and children?

Your thoughts?

I would assume that you wouldn't have very much to distract you from reading the Bible and praying. Also that would help with a ton of idolatry issues. Most people place their possessions very high in their life. Also, any money that you did make over what you needed could be donated to charity or the church.

A lot of pastors teach falsely too. I wouldn't be surprised if over half of them didn't make it.
I don't know love or joy but I'm sure single people have the others just as much as married people.

I would assume that you wouldn't have very much to distract you from reading the Bible and praying. Also that would help with a ton of idolatry issues. Most people place their possessions very high in their life. Also, any money that you did make over what you needed could be donated to charity or the church.

A lot of pastors teach falsely too. I wouldn't be surprised if over half of them didn't make it.
I don't know love or joy but I'm sure single people have the others just as much as married people.
The married person cares for the things of this world. How they can please their spouse but the single person cares for the things of God.
That basically means that a person without a spouse can dedicate more of their time to ministry than a married person can and married persons with children can give even less of their time.

The married person cares for the things of this world. How they can please their spouse but the single person cares for the things of God.
That basically means that a person without a spouse can dedicate more of their time to ministry than a married person can and married persons with children can give even less of their time.
Are you agreeing with me or telling me something?

No doubt about it... IF one can through the grace of God, have power over certain physical desires.. the single person can live a much more focused life in devotion to the Lord. But....I don't think that's Gods will for everyone or even most believers?

Secret to a successful life.

1. Accept the Lord Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.
2. Find/develop a job that you love and keep that job for all of your life.
3. Find a mate, marry and stay married to them for all of your life.

So according to that your measure of success is whether you're married or not?

I hear you brother..but im aready living a successful life.:D.I think marriage could add a fullness to the good life God has already given to me...but be sure Paul was speaking truth, that there is a simplicity and a liberty in the single life, and an allowance to follow God, in ways some married folks might be hindered? I know I have taken some chances in faith, that I might not have taken if I had to consider the needs of a wife and children. I gave myself completely to the study of Gods Word for about three years, with the Word as my complete focus and my labor. It did not pay much and I did not mind being a little hungry, but I could not have endured in my studies with the thought that my wife would suffer need in the same manner. I have seen great Men of God, fail to walk in the fullness of God, because of such concerns.

I think that list can just be shortened to:

1. Accept the Lord Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. :)

So according to that your measure of success is whether you're married or not?

That would depend on what you define successful to be.

Some people define it to be loving and caring with someone as they grow old together so that they can look back on their lives together instead of being alone. I know that is what I call it because everything else is temporary.

Genesis 2:18-24
"The Lord God said....."It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him............
Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife and they shall become one flesh".

Back