Are there any gardeners here?

HAHA @ seeing the tree stump... It's low to the ground....I am going to do all my planting in containers... and it is all going to be one huge experiment.
If it grows it grows... If it doesn't.... I will POUT!!! HAHAHA...
Hi In Awe of Him
I am on a similar mission. My garden looks like a jungle and I am going to try and rescue it. I have bought various plant pots, 100 flower bulbs, then a few more and some vegetable seeds. Just doing a bit a day.
Wishing you every success.Blessings

Good morning, In Awe of Him and Cosia;

One year on the side of our house my wife planted potatoes and I was against it. When they began to sprout the raccoons and possums came out in the middle of the night and ate them. My wife was sad by this so I made her feel better and bought her some french fries. lol! In England they call them chips.

So what was left I had to pull the eaten potatoes and surrounding dried, detached plant materials. It was a lot of work. My wife asked me not to pull the dried leftover plants because they were pretty but I told her I had to pull them because they were just American weeds.

Weeds choke good plants and flowers according to
Matthew 13:7. She said she hoped next time the weeds would choke the raccoons and possums.

That was the end of my gardening days.
😎 🥀

One year on the side of our house my wife planted potatoes and I was against it. When they began to sprout the raccoons and possums came out in the middle of the night and ate them. My wife was sad by this so I made her feel better and bought her some french fries. lol! In England they call them chips.
You make me laugh... One year I did plant some seeds directly in the garden... I got celery to grow but everything else got TRAMPLED by something... and the celery had the thinnest stocks ever.... HA....

This year I am going to plant in the house and see what grows... and then everything is going in planters. somehow raising the plants off the ground seems to make a bit of difference. I have done potted flowers before and NOTHING disturbed them.

This gardener's thread made me think of something. At this time in March I have been battling allergies for several weeks. On the news last night the weather man reported high pollen the next two days and then will lessen when it's expected to rain on Friday and this weekend.

We have lots of trees, plants, flowers and weeds in our neighborhood.

That was the end of my gardening days. 😎 🥀
and weeds in our neighborhood.
My wife asked me not to pull the dried leftover plants because they were pretty but I told her I had to pull them because they were just American weeds.
LOL,
I use to consider mushrooms as weeds, until my botany teacher in high school defined a weed as any unwanted plant!
I still consider mushrooms as weeds when served with on or under the table. lol

Another thread I'm bringing back to life. HAHAHA.

This year... I am adopting a strip of land beside the house. Its where my side window faces and it is a MESS... with limited sun due to the over hanging tree branches that block it.

Anyways... I bought some potting soil... a few different types of seeds and some starter pots... I have two different type of tomato plants... two types of pepper plants... plus chives and parsley... ( however... I'm pretty sure I will want to buy some starter plants as far as the herbs go ).
I am planning on planting the tomatoes and pepper plants this week as an experiment. I will have to use CONTAINERS for them as the sun does shine more towards the end of the fence.

I am very excited to take on this project but like I said... the strip of land is a mess... including a dead tree stump. The elevation is slopey.. so impossible to build a proper garden box.

It's all going to be one GIANT experiment. I also want a lot of flowers ( which I will also grow in pots ) and scatter. The flowers I will buy as starter plants at the nursery.

I am in the process of looking for different CHEAP container ideas. I know my tomatoes will need a deeper bucket.

So then... I can smell SPRING in the air... even though it is currently minus 10 celsius. HAHAHA
you need sunlight especially the morning sun... what to put a kick to your soil get some chicken or rabbit poo not a bunch at once but mix it in... you can also make you a organic garden spot for next year. tomatoe plants needs lots of room for the root .if you use a container make sure few holes are in bottom to much water will hinder .. if you can save your rain water to water with

If you want to experiment, watch some videos on "winter sowing". And challenge yourself to try it. It's usually started while temperatures are still cold, but should still do fine this early in the season.
Cheap containers, solo cups, Styrofoam cups, milk jugs, water bottles, etc. You can also usually find cheap starting trays at a dollar store.
To prevent molding & other problems, use "seed starting mix"... not a potting soil.

Then you will also discover that what you started from seeds will actually outgrow the potted starts you buy.
They should also germinate really fast. Many times in 3-7 days or so.

If you want to experiment, watch some videos on "winter sowing". And challenge yourself to try it. It's usually started while temperatures are still cold, but should still do fine this early in the season.
Cheap containers, solo cups, Styrofoam cups, milk jugs, water bottles, etc. You can also usually find cheap starting trays at a dollar store.
To prevent molding & other problems, use "seed starting mix"... not a potting soil.

Then you will also discover that what you started from seeds will actually outgrow the potted starts you buy.
They should also germinate really fast. Many times in 3-7 days or so.
Thank you so much for this wonderful advice... I already bought myself a bag of potting soil. I had no idea there was such a thing as a seed starting mix. I will look into that.

1710994950182.png

Good morning, In Awe of Him and Cosia;

So what was left I had to pull the eaten potatoes and surrounding dried, detached plant materials. It was a lot of work. My wife asked me not to pull the dried leftover plants because they were pretty but I told her I had to pull them because they were just American weeds.

Weeds choke good plants and flowers according to
Matthew 13:7. She said she hoped next time the weeds would choke the raccoons and possums.

That was the end of my gardening days.
😎 🥀
put a strong human smell around the outside of your garden ..liquid form not hard to figure out

Went shopping today for perlite and vermiculite. I found perlite but had to go to two different stores, but vermiculite was nowhere to be found in the four stores I visited. 😢

Went shopping today for perlite and vermiculite. I found perlite but had to go to two different stores, but vermiculite was nowhere to be found in the four stores I visited. 😢
start building your own soil up organic is best way to go . leaves lawn clipping allow them to break down mix chicken or rabbit poo on them .you can even sprinkle some fertilizer on top and lime. wet it down good . by next year you can have great soil .its called compost

start building your own soil up organic is best way to go . leaves lawn clipping allow them to break down mix chicken or rabbit poo on them .you can even sprinkle some fertilizer on top and lime. wet it down good . by next year you can have great soil .its called compost
Interesting. How in the world do you come across a supply of chicken or rabbit poo? There is a small group of free chickens in downtown Miami, but that is about it for the non-fried version. As for rabbits, I have not seen one of those in many many years.

Interesting. How in the world do you come across a supply of chicken or rabbit poo? There is a small group of free chickens in downtown Miami, but that is about it for the non-fried version. As for rabbits, I have not seen one of those in many many years.
see i am country they raise chickens and rabbits so the poo is there. the reason rabbit and chicken poo its high in nitrogen content which helps break down the natural elements i mentioned. the only other poo higher is bat guano /poo . i am not a city person so it would be hard for me living in the city.... i dont put out gardens if not careful . you can build your soil up till its black as the ace of spades. then come about June its turns dry. all through September. yes you can water your garden and it will help but rain has the natural elements the plants need to many rules in the cities for me they control your property ..i can see living in the city having a few chickens and rabbits. they would shut you down . you can use fertilizer and lime to break down to a compost

see i am country they raise chickens and rabbits so the poo is there. the reason rabbit and chicken poo its high in nitrogen content which helps break down the natural elements i mentioned. the only other poo higher is bat guano /poo . i am not a city person so it would be hard for me living in the city.... i dont put out gardens if not careful . you can build your soil up till its black as the ace of spades. then come about June its turns dry. all through September. yes you can water your garden and it will help but rain has the natural elements the plants need to many rules in the cities for me they control your property ..i can see living in the city having a few chickens and rabbits. they would shut you down . you can use fertilizer and lime to break down to a compost
Well, I would not say that I live in a city, more like s suburb. I am south of Miami by about 19 miles. We are one of 34 incorporated municipalities in the county and the third closest to the Florida Keys.

Still, no chickens here, unless you visit KFC or Popeyes.

Well, I would not say that I live in a city, more like s suburb. I am south of Miami by about 19 miles. We are one of 34 incorporated municipalities in the county and the third closest to the Florida Keys.

Still, no chickens here, unless you visit KFC or Popeyes.
Ok, I take it back. It appears there are about 12 chicken farms in the county, I just never searched for them. We do have chickens.....

I also found a place that buys human poop for medical purposes, but we don't want to go there.

Back