Are there any gardeners here?

I started building a number of raised garden boxes early in the fall. I've built 10 boxes already while working on other parts of the yard. It's a big project as I level the yard, bring in wood chips.

We had a big problem with rabbits and these boxes have already helped. This coming spring we will have plenty of room for the vegetables and herbs that we have planned.

cp

Rabbit stew would be nice, but no. Here we can only catch and release.

cp
I don’t think we are meant to eat rabbit. I think it’s in a bible verse but can’t be certain.
But when I was little( we wasn’t devout Christians but we were moral) My mom used to make rabbit stew and it was disgusting.
I think that’s why God said don’t eat it. He knew they tasted vile 😂

but isn’t there rabbit deterrents ( herbs you can plant to deter them?

Y'all can look to the Old Testament, Leviticus Chapter 11, for God's guidance to eating healthy. God created these human bodies and gave us all a list of things that may not be best for us to consume. Here in the back woods of Kentucky, we are blessed to have grouse, turkeys and deer when they are in season, and lots of fish; perch, walleye and small mouth bass. Living mostly off the land and waters is our way of life and while we do go into town for some shopping every month, our protein comes from our own land and lakes and then goes into the freezer for the rest of the year. The only "Fast Food" that we have around these parts is when we hit a deer with our pickup truck at 60 miles per hour.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus+11&version=NLT

Dad was born in Missouri and we lived in Arkansas for several years when I was young. I would love to visit Kentucky when things settle down again. Texas is another state that my wife and I have wanted to visit.

Having grown up with clean and unclean meats I understand Lev 11. This is a subject I have fully settled in my mind now long ago because there are many scriptures related to this in God's word.

My wife and I make almost everything we eat from scratch. Very little that we buy is processed foods. It's another reason we love the garden. It's nice to go out and grab our own spices from the garden. Pick our own salad and cooked vegetables. We also have a number of fruit trees.

Raising meet here though is out of the question. This a suburban home and we only have half an acre which is already a large lot in our neighborhood.

cp

We used to have a very large garden before moving to where we are now. Working the ground and growing that way proved to be much easier than the raised bed boxes I built this past Spring. We got a few peppers and some beans but when you are used to having so much produce you have to spend days canning then going to a few handfuls of produce it just doesn't have the same effect. I do enjoy getting my hands dirty though and I dabble in carpentry now.

I don’t think we are meant to eat rabbit. I think it’s in a bible verse but can’t be certain.
But when I was little( we wasn’t devout Christians but we were moral) My mom used to make rabbit stew and it was disgusting.
I think that’s why God said don’t eat it. He knew they tasted vile 😂

but isn’t there rabbit deterrents ( herbs you can plant to deter them?

The only rabbits we ate were chocolate and marshmallow. lol!

B🐰B

Back