Are there Faith Healers today???

Yes I know you didn’t come up with it!
But I had never read it before yet either lol. So im just grateful for the scripture😊

I really thought I saw a miracle once, but I since thought I probly should not trust my senses/ or, judgements. I really prefer logical explanations for “out of the ordinary” experiences. But since I can’t explain somethings I just suspend my own judgements and think, literally “ God knows”
Since then, I have caught myself craving theses kinds of experiences though, I think they are cool, which now I realise I shouldn’t, and that scripture confirmed it.

Vis, Unfortunately, the word miracle is vastly overused and cheapened.

"I rode my horse all the way into town and he didn't go lame, it's a miracle!"

Was that a "miracle"???

Dr. John MacArthur is much more specific:
What is a miracle? Let me give you a simple definition. A miracle is an interference with nature by a supernatural power. A miracle is something outside our box invading our little box, something outside our world coming into our world and making waves and ripples. Miracles are events in the external world wrought by the power of God. A miracle is God stepping into the universe, setting aside the normal laws of nature to do a supernature act. The Bible describes miracles usually, especially in the New Testament, in three terms: signs, wonders and mighty works. And therein you have the definition of miracles, really. They were mighty works to create wonder, to act as a sign.

A miracle I've often witnessed is God taking someone's heart of stone and making it a heart of flesh.

Although God can be creative with miracles, like oil that never runs out, water turning into wine, feeding 5000 people for nothing and Jesus walking on water.

Today I think we can take miracles for granted, (as part of modern life - instant gratification!) or we can be too sceptical and not believe in them at all. But scripture asks 'are all workers of miracles?

Well no, just as not all are apostles, or all prophets, or all are teachers! not all have gifts of healing, not all speak with tongues.

One gift that is enduring above all is love, so don't lose sight of it. Yes there are people that have these amazing spiritual gifts God has given them to use for His purpose, but don't go round despising them just cos you don't possess it or have no use for it.

On gift-giving. We all know the Christmas gift-giving seasons sometimes gets out of hand.

Round Christmas its the adults who usually say 'well I have no need for gifts' and too right, because adults already have had their gifts! And they don't need to be given any more. It's the children who appreciate Christmas because they don't actually have anything. You try telling a child, there isn't any Christmas and gifts are not for today on Christmas day. Children are believers in miracles do, and on that day miracles happen because gifts aren't given to them on any other day.

I can still remember as a child recieving gifts and that was a miracle to me that we would have them on Christmas day, when it wasn't even our birthday, that strangers would give them, just cos they loved us. It didn't really matter what the gift was, but many of them were chosen with care and different ones given to everyone, not everyone got the same ones.

A miracle I've often witnessed is God taking someone's heart of stone and making it a heart of flesh.

Although God can be creative with miracles, like oil that never runs out, water turning into wine, feeding 5000 people for nothing and Jesus walking on water.

Today I think we can take miracles for granted, (as part of modern life - instant gratification!) or we can be too sceptical and not believe in them at all. But scripture asks 'are all workers of miracles?

Well no, just as not all are apostles, or all prophets, or all are teachers! not all have gifts of healing, not all speak with tongues.

One gift that is enduring above all is love, so don't lose sight of it. Yes there are people that have these amazing spiritual gifts God has given them to use for His purpose, but don't go round despising them just cos you don't possess it or have no use for it.

On gift-giving. We all know the Christmas gift-giving seasons sometimes gets out of hand.

Round Christmas its the adults who usually say 'well I have no need for gifts' and too right, because adults already have had their gifts! And they don't need to be given any more. It's the children who appreciate Christmas because they don't actually have anything. You try telling a child, there isn't any Christmas and gifts are not for today on Christmas day. Children are believers in miracles do, and on that day miracles happen because gifts aren't given to them on any other day.

I can still remember as a child recieving gifts and that was a miracle to me that we would have them on Christmas day, when it wasn't even our birthday, that strangers would give them, just cos they loved us. It didn't really matter what the gift was, but many of them were chosen with care and different ones given to everyone, not everyone got the same ones.

You are correct. The one and only "Miracle" done by God that means anything eternal is saving a black hearted sinner and giving them robes of white.

That is the only gift that never ends.

So, the best gifts is Love.
That would confirm further a Trinity.

Agreed and YES......love lasts forever.

Yes, we are saved by GRACE through FAITH, however consider the root from which those stems grow from........

1 John 4:19 tells us,
“we love God because he first loved us.”

It is the effectual love of God that first changes our hearts in order to make us capable of love, and it is His example of love that reminds us again and again of our need to love other people.

You are correct. The one and only "Miracle" done by God that means anything eternal is saving a black hearted sinner and giving them robes of white.

That is the only gift that never ends.
Interesting that Jesus stated that the scriptures point to Him and eternal life, as many saw Miracles and still died lost in their sin!

I apologize for the length of this post. I felt it was necessary to fully explain some of the comments that I have made of this subject.

First of all.....allow me to be crystal clear on this. GOD HEALS TODAY! He does it by Himself in responce to His children and not because a person says they have the ability to heal anyone.

In a Biblical response to the the thread named......"Do you believe in miraculous healing through faith", the more I read through the responces the more I felt lead to post what I believe is at the ROOT of this thought.

May I say to you that we as humans will do what we WANT TO DO.

If we want to go to a football game in the rain, we will go.
If someone says, "Do not go to Ruby Falls", we will go if we want to.
That is an inbred fact of our humanity which is actually rooted in "Stubbornness".

The idea of faith healing, tongues, knowledge and the prophetic word are all based in whether or not the SIGN GIFTS given to the Apostles are still valid today or have they ended with the death of John who was the last called Apostle of Jesus Christ.

That teaching is based on the literal words of 1 Corinthians 13:8-10 which say..........
"Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. 9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away."

There are only TWO things I know of that were/are perfect that have come.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The completed written Word of God.

The doctrine then of "Cessationalism" says that according to the Scripture posted the Sign Gifts ended with the completed Word of God as the last Apostle then died.

In that light, IMO, it seems to me that the teaching of "cessationism" originated in EXPERIENCE.

What then are the SIGN GIFTS???????
Mark 16:14-18
"Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. 15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

Those Eleven plus Paul later were the Apostles and according to the Scriptures, it was those men who were given the SIGN GIFTS. Those Men could do all the things that Jesus did including healing and the raising of the dead.

Because NO One today can see Jesus Christ in the flesh neither has anyone today seen the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, there can not be any called Apostles today.

When anyone reads and studies the Bible and focuses the sign gifts of miracles and healing they should come away with several questions about these things.

I think that we all need to ask ourselves these question......…
1. Why do the epistles have little discussion about them?
2. Why does Paul leave people sick (Phil 2:26-27; 1 Tim 5:23; 2 Tim 4:20)?
3. Why does James have the sick call the elders and not one with the gift of healing?
4. Why do I not see miracles today?
5. Why do we not see healings today?

When I said that "cessationism originates in experience", I am saying that what we actually see and experience plays a huge part in what we understand the Bible actual says.

No One could affirm cessationism if miracles and healing and the real Bible tongues were happening all about him.

Yes, we see so called healings on religious T.V. But what we see is carefully orchestrated events that in allmost all cases have been proven to be faked and fraudulent.

We see people speaking in gibberish with no interpreters and nothing said that glorifies the Lord Jesus and we accept it as valid because we KNOW that born again believers would never ever fake tongues to make themselves appear spiritual......right????

All of those things come under the roof of EXPERIENCE.

PETER POPOFF claimed to be a faith healer when all the time he had his wife speaking to him in a ear phone telling him what his works had found out from people standing in line to enter his tent meeting.https://www.bible.ca/tongues-popoff-39-17Mhz.htm

In 1991 ABC-TV’s Prime Time Live ran an investigative report where W.V. GRANT was included with segments on ROBERT TILTON and LARRY LEAL. All were thoroughly busted for their misrepresentations to the public and the church and fraud.

Ole Anthony of the Trinity Foundation, a watchdog organization keeping tabs on the tele-evangelists was influential in making this happen. So began an era of open discovery for those fleecing the flock.

ABC’s hidden cameras caught W.V. Grant and his staff informally circulating among audience members before services. They would hand-pick those who were to be called forth that night. They would ask them questions about their personal lives, their goals, finances, sicknesses, making careful note it would be passed on to Grant who would later claim was revealed to him by the Holy Spirit.
http://www.evidenceunseen.com/theology/practical-theology/faith-healers/

Experience is the confirming factor in the case of either continuation or cessationism. Ultimately, the Bible must affirm or allow our experience if it does not then all we say and promote is again.....WHAT WE WANT IT TO BE!

If we experience REAL, VERIFIABLE healings and the correct use of tongues as recorded in the Scriptures then there would be no need to promote CESSATIONALISM at all.

Just something for you to think about. You certainly do not have to agree with me and I am sure some will not.

God bless you all and please be careful and safe in the days we live.
At the time of Christ and the apostles, Jerusalem was buzzing with religious fever, sad to say, this is not the case in the Christian world today. Another thing I notice, and I think I am correct in this, is that people came to Jesus believing. Their faith was strong, they had seen miracles and been fed on the bread of life and two fishes. God is ever present with us today by the Holy Spirit, but we cannot see, and those of strong faith are few compared to the world population, and the many other regions, brushing the I AM aside like the Israelites with their many false gods did in the wilderness. The Lord will never leave us or forsake us, but in the wilderness, He did not manifest himself to them in a way they understood and so it is today. Please pray for worldwide revival in this godless wilderness in which we live today, and then we shall see signs and wonders again when the world comes out of the devil's bondage. May God bless.

At the time of Christ and the apostles, Jerusalem was buzzing with religious fever, sad to say, this is not the case in the Christian world today. Another thing I notice, and I think I am correct in this, is that people came to Jesus believing. Their faith was strong, they had seen miracles and been fed on the bread of life and two fishes. God is ever present with us today by the Holy Spirit, but we cannot see, and those of strong faith are few compared to the world population, and the many other regions, brushing the I AM aside like the Israelites with their many false gods did in the wilderness. The Lord will never leave us or forsake us, but in the wilderness, He did not manifest himself to them in a way they understood and so it is today. Please pray for worldwide revival in this godless wilderness in which we live today, and then we shall see signs and wonders again when the world comes out of the devil's bondage. May God bless.

Areed. The Bible in the Revelaton 13 tells us that the coming Anti-Christ will work SIGNs and WONDERS.

Areed. The Bible in the Revelaton 13 tells us that the coming Anti-Christ will work SIGNs and WONDERS.
Thank you, but there is no need to be disheartened. Satan may be the god of this world, but he is not God of our lives. If I can share a small testimony, it is this; I have an arthritic knee, probably caused by running, the cartilage has broken into small pieces, and they are floating around in the flesh. Consequently, bone rubs on bone and you can imagine how painful, it isn't helped by the fact I have a dog called Cooper who needs three walks a day. The surgeon, who is horrified by what he sees would operate tomorrow, except I have an incurable blood infection. As you will know, they have to go really deep into the knee, and he says if it turns to gangrene, I will lose my leg, so I am trusting God and still walking, praise Him. God moves in mysterious ways his wonders to perform. The atom is so small, but so powerful, and sometimes we ignore the small things in life, so let us praise God for every small blessing, that when added together become a God blessed life. We used to sing a chorus, "count your blessings, count them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done." Do you remember that chorus? At seventy-six years of age I can look back on a mountain of blessings. The bad things in my life were brought about by my own foolishness and pig-headedness, but even then, after several years of heartache, God brought me through. If only I had listened to that still small voice and acted accordingly, but sometimes we learn the hard way, and yes, God has worked miracles in both my home life and my work life for which I thank and praise Him from the bottom of my heart. May God bless each and every one of us, amen.

Thank you, but there is no need to be disheartened. Satan may be the god of this world, but he is not God of our lives. If I can share a small testimony, it is this; I have an arthritic knee, probably caused by running, the cartilage has broken into small pieces, and they are floating around in the flesh. Consequently, bone rubs on bone and you can imagine how painful, it isn't helped by the fact I have a dog called Cooper who needs three walks a day. The surgeon, who is horrified by what he sees would operate tomorrow, except I have an incurable blood infection. As you will know, they have to go really deep into the knee, and he says if it turns to gangrene, I will lose my leg, so I am trusting God and still walking, praise Him. God moves in mysterious ways his wonders to perform. The atom is so small, but so powerful, and sometimes we ignore the small things in life, so let us praise God for every small blessing, that when added together become a God blessed life. We used to sing a chorus, "count your blessings, count them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done." Do you remember that chorus? At seventy-six years of age I can look back on a mountain of blessings. The bad things in my life were brought about by my own foolishness and pig-headedness, but even then, after several years of heartache, God brought me through. If only I had listened to that still small voice and acted accordingly, but sometimes we learn the hard way, and yes, God has worked miracles in both my home life and my work life for which I thank and praise Him from the bottom of my heart. May God bless each and every one of us, amen.

My dear brother. My knees ache for you! God bless you and "In Jesus name I ask the God of Creation and the Lord of salvation who is the King of Kings to physically touch my brother in Christ and give him relief from his knee pain and please God control any infection that would cause him discmfort and heal him to your great glory......In Jesus name AMEN!"

Cooper, I damaged both my knees many years ago. One in Ft. Polk La. and the other in playing football. I had both replaced in the last 4 years. I did not have the infection concerns you have but I know exactly the kind of pain you are experiencing.

God bless you brother and I will continue to pray for you and thank you for the correct Bible posts you make!!!! You appear to me to be one of God's Watchmen on the wall.

Interesting that the last days will have a great Apostasy from the Christian faith, AND deluded signs and wonders, just wonder if the so called word of faith groups might be softening us up to receive this ?

Interesting that the last days will have a great Apostasy from the Christian faith, AND deluded signs and wonders, just wonder if the so called word of faith groups might be softening us up to receive this ?

That is my opinion. But I would also say that IMO the Rapture will remove ALL the real believers and those left will be "Make-Believers" which can not be saved after the Rapture.

They will then be open to the complete heresy and "Falling Away " that Paul describes in 2 Thess. chapter 2 and he ends that by saying in verse #10-12...
"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

Just a friendly reminder for all of us.

Please keep the rules and topics in mind... (copied & pasted below)

-------

We at CFS would like to bring to your attention certain topics, when discussed or debated in the forum, tend to cause division and strife and quickly turn into heated discussions which simply can not be permitted here at CFS.

We work hard to assure that CFS will always be a safe and friendly forum where members can learn and grow in the ways of God.

CFS is in No Way claiming that these following topics are not an important part of the Written Word of God however these topics do far to many times bring forth behavior that we can not allow and thus bringing forth disciplinary actions such as points and or bans of some type.

So Please Read through the list of topics and familiarize yourself with them and let's all work together to Keep CFS a safe and friendly Christian Forum.

Thank You and may God Bless your time here at CFS.

**Note: A new Member may ask a topical question for clarity from the list below, but the answer may not become debate.

If a Member wishes to see which topical discussions have appeared, please use the Search function.

Other than the limitations in the note ** above, the topics which may not be initiated, discussed or debated at CFS are:

(1) Once Saved, Always Saved (OSAS)

(2) Speaking in Tongues - (either Pentacostal, unknown, or foreign but known language)

(3) Homosexuality (This topic has ALWAYS degenerated into attacks on the sinner. It's OK to call homosexuality - the sin - an abomination, but NOT the sinner)

(4) Predestination, Calvinism or Arminianism - (or any variations.)

(5) Soul Sleep - (any variant or any viewpoint.)

(6) Deviant behavior, including bestiality, animal sacrifice (except from a scriptural reference), human sacrifice, Voodoo, Witchcraft and variants or components of these. (If you have a question, PM the Mods before you post. Staff decisions will be final.)

(7) Anything dealing with transgender topics including psychology and surgery.

That is my opinion. But I would also say that IMO the Rapture will remove ALL the real believers and those left will be "Make-Believers" which can not be saved after the Rapture.

They will then be open to the complete heresy and "Falling Away " that Paul describes in 2 Thess. chapter 2 and he ends that by saying in verse #10-12...
"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."
I agree with you on those who have heard the Gospel , but still see the Lord saving those who had not yet heard, as that will be what those 144,000 are doing in preaching the good news!

I agree with you on those who have heard the Gospel , but still see the Lord saving those who had not yet heard, as that will be what those 144,000 are doing in preaching the good news!
Perhaps the Lord will not return until the gospel reaches all four corners of the earth, and what with broadcasting, the internet, satellite and ease of travel, maybe everyone has heard the gospel by now, which may mean the second coming can't be far away. (Just thinking out loud.)

Back