Are We In A Third Dispensation?

Over the past 40+ years of being a Bond Servant of my Master Jesus Christ, I have seen my share of the supernatural. I mean really unusual events that can only come from the Almighty God to let me know that He is real and that He was preparing me for His work. Rather than post the numerous events because it might be construed as boasting, I'll not indulge unless asked.

Unless I'm stuck in a period of time like between the two Covenants, 400 years, I'm experiencing a period of time that is extremely important to understand....There have been times when I rejected what is called "classic dispensationalism" of which I was taught in Bible College. Now? I'm not so sure.

Now, I am seeing another "time frame" which indeed might qualify as a dispensation. I don't really want to discuss the validity of dispensationalism, Just want to know where you all believe we are, presently, in the plan of God, prior to our Lord's return.

If there are New Covenant, or Testament, dispensations. Simply, they would be a Christocentric time frame in which Jesus' miracles, sign & wonders (some say that miracles & wonders are the same) all point to His Deity and Messiah position to Israel.

Next would be the time frame of the Apostles. This time frame would be signs and wonders establishing their true identity to Jesus Christ and the identity of the establishment of the true Church of it's Head, Jesus Christ, and the true doctrines and commands of believers as to how to live holy lives in and out of the Church of our Lord.

Now we come to a present time frame where you and I function. As I said before, I believe that the supernatural has slowed down to a crawl or non-existent....I am in the process of studying the Book of Revelation, again! As I was reading Rev. 2:18-29, the Church of Thyatira, I came to this statement of Jesus.... Rev 2:25 "But that which ye have already hold fast till I come."

Could this be the last dispensation, or time frame, until the coming of Jesus Christ? It makes a lot of sense because of all the Scripture that commands us not to loose faith, or to fall away. There will be a religious rebellion (apostasy) according to 2 Thess. 2, and true believers simply cannot be in that number.

What I'm saying, my friends, is, "HOLD FAST UNTIL JESUS COMES".

Your thoughts?

I believe that we are merely at the end of the Church Age, and the spirit of God is beginning to be poured out. We are seeing a huge movement of youth coming to Christ and moving in the Spirit, and into actual leadership in the Body of Christ like we have not seen before. The prophesy of Joel 2 is beginning to come to pass:

Joel 2:28-32
“Then, after doing all those things,
I will pour out my Spirit upon all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy.
Your old men will dream dreams,
and your young men will see visions.
29 In those days I will pour out my Spirit
even on servants—men and women alike.
30 And I will cause wonders in the heavens and on the earth—
blood and fire and columns of smoke.
31 The sun will become dark,
and the moon will turn blood red
before that great and terrible day of the Lord arrives.
32 But everyone who calls on the name of the Lord
will be saved,
for some on Mount Zion in Jerusalem will escape,
just as the Lord has said.
These will be among the survivors
whom the Lord has called.

I've heard it as the Benjamin Generation because when he sat down at Joseph's table, he got a double portion, the former and latter rains combined. The generation of middle aged adults have rejected God and as any good rebellious generation, their kids are hungry for God's word of God. I do believe that the Spirit is being poured out to get them hungry, but soon, a clear choice will be presented and either they will follow God or reject God, then the rapture and then the judgement, the The End. Amen. My two cents :D

My understanding is that we are at the end of the "church age". I have witnessed a few supernatural events, some alone and some with witnesses in my time. I find that as time goes by, after the event, it's like "did I really see that?" I don't really understand what dispensationalism is...I always look it up and immediately forget what it means (old age, what can I tell you). What do supernatural events have to do with dispensationalism?

I have herd that this is the time of the greatest outpouring of the Spirit, that has never been seen. Lots of signs and wonders. Lots of manifestations of the spirit, demonstrations, and visitations. The year of restoration and the tent anointing is back. So i fully am watching to see and fully desire to be where ever Jesus is.

Something that i have also herd is that the devil has never had the nation of Israel and the body of Christ pressuring Him at the same time.

My understanding is that we are at the end of the "church age". I have witnessed a few supernatural events, some alone and some with witnesses in my time. I find that as time goes by, after the event, it's like "did I really see that?" I don't really understand what dispensationalism is...I always look it up and immediately forget what it means (old age, what can I tell you). What do supernatural events have to do with dispensationalism?

If i have understood it right, supernatural events are apart of the dispensation or outpouring of the spirit.
Blessings to you!

I believe that we are merely at the end of the Church Age, and the spirit of God is beginning to be poured out. We are seeing a huge movement of youth coming to Christ and moving in the Spirit, and into actual leadership in the Body of Christ like we have not seen before. The prophesy of Joel 2 is beginning to come to pass:

Joel 2:28-32
“Then, after doing all those things,
I will pour out my Spirit upon all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy.
Your old men will dream dreams,
and your young men will see visions.
29 In those days I will pour out my Spirit
even on servants—men and women alike.
30 And I will cause wonders in the heavens and on the earth—
blood and fire and columns of smoke.
31 The sun will become dark,
and the moon will turn blood red
before that great and terrible day of the Lord arrives.
32 But everyone who calls on the name of the Lord
will be saved,
for some on Mount Zion in Jerusalem will escape,
just as the Lord has said.
These will be among the survivors
whom the Lord has called.

That certainly is good news Euphemia. I see you are from Canada. Is this what you are witnessing yourself, or is it the witness of someone else. I'd like some details please. If this is true then, our prayers for this revival of young people needs to spread.

I've heard it as the Benjamin Generation because when he sat down at Joseph's table, he got a double portion, the former and latter rains combined. The generation of middle aged adults have rejected God and as any good rebellious generation, their kids are hungry for God's word of God. I do believe that the Spirit is being poured out to get them hungry, but soon, a clear choice will be presented and either they will follow God or reject God, then the rapture and then the judgement, the The End. Amen. My two cents :D

Thank you my learned friend. I can only pray that this is true. I have heard of this "Benjamin Generation". whether this is just a play on words or a definite work of God in these last days remains to be seen. I apologize for being a little skeptical, it's just that I've seen what Dr. MacArthur calls "Charismatic Confusion." before, which is basically wishing thinking put to words.

Again, is there proof of this? No one wants these events to happen more than me. I have prayed for revival, of sorts, to break out for years now, and I hope and pray for it's advent.

That certainly is good news Euphemia. I see you are from Canada. Is this what you are witnessing yourself, or is it the witness of someone else. I'd like some details please. If this is true then, our prayers for this revival of young people needs to spread.

I am witnessing it myself and I am bolstered by the reports of others in the Christian media who have recently reported of the surge of youth who are being saved in great numbers and being filled with the Spirit.

Thank you my learned friend. I can only pray that this is true. I have heard of this "Benjamin Generation". whether this is just a play on words or a definite work of God in these last days remains to be seen. I apologize for being a little skeptical, it's just that I've seen what Dr. MacArthur calls "Charismatic Confusion." before, which is basically wishing thinking put to words.

Again, is there proof of this? No one wants these events to happen more than me. I have prayed for revival, of sorts, to break out for years now, and I hope and pray for it's advent.
You won't find it on TV nor the news nor even in churches, but on the streets. It's coming and it's starting in small areas. It will come once they don't have the electronic toys as a distraction when the economic collapse happens. I love John MacArthur, but on this, he's 100% shamefully wrong. His own wife was miraculously healed from her accident, told she's never walk again, and yes, over time, she was healed. It's still God's doing.

The first time I heard this word "Dispensation" was when, in Bible College, I used the "New Scofield Reference Edition" of the Bible. A friend said, Scofield is a Dispensationalist. When asked what that meant, he said, "time Frames". Most important, the dispensation of the Apostolic Period. Once that ended, N.T. Apostles & Prophets ceased to exist." If they ceased to exist, so did the miraculous powers that they were endowed with.

So to answer your question, there are certain time periods, or time frames, in which we see miracles happening. For 30+ years we saw Jesus countering the natural way events happen because of the "Fall". That is what a miracle is. Jesus had to step in and stop the laws of the Fall and present an alternative event, such as raising Lazarus from the dead. We could call this the "Jesus dispensation" and then we come to the Apostles. They were not able to do all the miracles that Jesus did but they did do a lot of them, the greatest was to establish the Church of Jesus Christ. There were supernatural events that took place to authenticate their position with Jesus as well as to define the Church as Jesus as it's Head. That ministry of the Apostles has ceased, thus a dispensation, or time period.

I think the events in middle east bear witness we are approaching last days very very fast.. The whole world is believing they can have a successful deal with Iran..

I believe you are right!! Could you expand on your theory a little? I'm very interested in your perspective.

I have herd that this is the time of the greatest outpouring of the Spirit, that has never been seen. Lots of signs and wonders. Lots of manifestations of the spirit, demonstrations, and visitations. The year of restoration and the tent anointing is back. So i fully am watching to see and fully desire to be where ever Jesus is.

Something that i have also herd is that the devil has never had the nation of Israel and the body of Christ pressuring Him at the same time.

I like what you are saying, my very good friend Cturtle. I simply would like to know if that is happening anywhere on the face of the earth?

If i have understood it right, supernatural events are apart of the dispensation or outpouring of the spirit.
Blessings to you!

You are right my turtle friend. I believe that the "outpouring" of the Holy Spirit will be the final push of God to bring in the lost, and to instill HOLINESS into those who are indeed saved and ready for the return of the Lord of lords, & King of kings. Even so, Lord Jesus come!

You won't find it on TV nor the news nor even in churches, but on the streets. It's coming and it's starting in small areas. It will come once they don't have the electronic toys as a distraction when the economic collapse happens. I love John MacArthur, but on this, he's 100% shamefully wrong. His own wife was miraculously healed from her accident, told she's never walk again, and yes, over time, she was healed. It's still God's doing.

Oh my friend, thank you for that. I'm very encouraged in my spirit, for some reason, just reading your post. Once I became born again, John MacArthur became my spiritual daddy thru tapes and live broadcasts. His teaching on the Charismatics and their movement was an assault on the Holy Spirit. I'm glad that his Wife may have opened his eyes....Love You!

Oh my friend, thank you for that. I'm very encouraged in my spirit, for some reason, just reading your post. Once I became born again, John MacArthur became my spiritual daddy thru tapes and live broadcasts. His teaching on the Charismatics and their movement was an assault on the Holy Spirit. I'm glad that his Wife may have opened his eyes....Love You!
He wrote about the Charismatics long after his wife's recovery. It's been something like 22-23 years ago since her car accident. I think she broke her neck but didn't have any spinal injury in the end. It's been so long, I don't remember the specifics, except that it was a miracle.

I believe we are living in the "dispensation of the fullness of times". God right now is "gathering" all things in Heaven and on earth into one by the power of his "Glory" which is Jesus Christ. No only is the Church living in physical bodies here on earth, but we are also sitting on the right of God in Christ!!! How many people in the body of Christ actually believe this? Not many even though it is true.

Eph 1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

There are a "few" who have the spiritual guts to actually believe the Word of God without judging their position using the flesh. There is a great out pouring of God's Spirit today, and those who take God at his Word are experiencing his Kingdom like we are suppose to. God's mystery is being made known to those who are listening, and not sitting around waiting for something to happen.

MacArthur doesn't disbelieve that God heals..and continues to do so. He is against people claiming to do works in the Holy Spirit's name that isn't done by the HS. Like the Charismatics. Watch his 19 hour Strange Fire conference. I don't agree with everything MacArthur says but he speaks a lot of truth and everything he says is based on scripture, after scripture, after scripture. How do you separate between the devil's lying wonders and people's desire to see miracles? Maybe the miracles are meant to verify it is from God, to create faith in non believers. As for miracles, I think the next one is the "great catching away" of believers. "On the street", I find few people want to discuss God, like 9 out of 10. Even people who claim to be Christian. I do think that we who believe should have some kind of major event world wide in every town/city/village worldwide where it is permitted before any possible rapture. To make repentance, praise the Lord, and ask for forgiveness. So that when we do depart, there will be no mistake why. A chance to show the world the truth and be a real light to it. Just my humble opinion. I pray for households now and include whoever those individuals in the household love. And I pray the HS touches and opens each heart.

Back