Are you being set up?

Ever wonder why you always or a lot of the time feel like you have no joy or peace? Or why you can't seem to be peaceful or joyful for at least 30 minutes to an hour?

Let me let you in on a little secret that the devil does not want you to know about. We have been set up.

You see the devil knows that our joy is our strength (Nehemiah 8:10). And if he can find a way to steal it... I guarantee you he will. And here's another part he does not want us to know... he can't do anything without our permission. Jesus stripped him of all his power (Colossians 2:15)

The devils nature, his description according to our Lord And Savior Jesus...is The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy (John 10:10)

So if the enemy has no power, and cannot do anything without our permission... how does he go about stealing, killing and destroying people?

He tricks us into giving him permission to operate in our lives.

Let me show you what i mean.....

The Bible says that he comes disguised as an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14). So all those horror movies that depicted some gruesome creature that was demon possessed, or the cartoons that show the devil in a red suit with horns and a pitchfork.... that was just to trick people into believing something opposite of the Written Word.

Ephesians 6:11 tells us Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil... or in other words the trickery and deception of the enemy. He comes as an angel of light to trick us into giving him the authority to steal, kill and destroy everything we have.

Think about this for a moment... if something really nasty, evil and gross came up to you, and asked you to go to the local bar or club with him... would you go? Of course not. Most believers would run the other way, without looking back.

But if a well dressed man invited you to church or someplace nice, and offered to give you anything you wanted/desired ... you may consider it. Probably would accept the invitation if you had nothing telling you that there was anything wrong with this guy or his proposal. And why would we go without questioning it?... because we would assume that he was sent by Father to bless us.

Can you see what advantage the enemy has in masquerading as something good?

So how does this all lead to being set up?

Let me ask a question ....How many times each day are we presented with the temptation to complain, get frustrated or grumble?

And given the fact that we know that the devil is a tricky entity, put together with other Scripture, we can know that it is the enemy that is setting us up for a fall,
and trying to find a way into our lives. To get his little toe in the crack of the door of our lives. So that he may bring about sickness in our bodies or wreak some kind of havoc in other areas of our lives.

Why would the enemy want to trip us up and steal our joy and peace? Because it is our strength, and is the key to walking in love, which keeps our faith strong. And our bodies healthy

Recently Father ministered something to me.... how can joy, which is a fruit of the spirit that was deposited into our spirits when we were first born again, thrive or stay active and solid in a heart (our innerman) that is full of complaining?

How can we expect to retain joy (which is our strength ... Nehemiah 8:10.... so it has power) when we are complaining about (fill in the blank), whatever caused us to be frustrated?

James 3:16 says... where envy and strife are there is confusion and every evil work. So when we are complaining about everything that does not make us happy we are in strife. We are feeding the spirit of strife, and giving it a place to come in and set up shop, or make a home. We are opening the door to the enemy to bring about every evil work in our lives.. and this includes sickness (2 Corinthians 2:11).

Any spirit who behaves opposite of what the Word says is not going to bring about the joy, and blessings of The Father.

In Philippians 4:4 (KJV) The Holy Spirit spoke through Paul to the Phillippian church. He said. 4) Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

Why would He say that?

In vs. 7 He gives us the answer....

Phi 4:6 — Phi 4:7 (KJV)

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

The Father knows that if we keep a thankful heart, a few things happen.... one is that the Peace that Jesus left/paid for when He went to the cross can stay and produce a harvest within us... it can flow into others, and bring comfort. Another reason is that a heart full of peace and thankfulness is not vulnerable to the tricks of the enemy. The enemy cannot sow any seeds of strife into the world around us, through us.

We have to be on our guard every moment of every day to keep ourselves rooted and grounded and walking out the Word. The enemy hates us and will do anything to seperate us from being encouraged (spirit of division) and that will keep us from being victorious. Because no one can walk this life alone.

Encourage someone you know who is going through an attack and come alongside them to help them to laugh their way to freedom... for a merry heart does good like a medicine. Remind them that what their going through is light and momentary, and that they are one step closer to victory if they faint not.

God bless you all... your in our prayers

This is really true ... I have to remind myself to be grateful for what I have now and look behind me to see how far I've come. Its so hard to not to compare yourself and look straight across bc its so natural... However I do think there's one benefit and that's that it seeing others do well does inspire us to do well and set the bar a bit higher..I think its always good to be better than you were before...but it Defintely shouldn't consume you.

Lovely post.

This is really true ... I have to remind myself to be grateful for what I have now and look behind me to see how far I've come. Its so hard to not to compare yourself and look straight across bc its so natural... However I do think there's one benefit and that's that it seeing others do well does inspire us to do well and set the bar a bit higher..I think its always good to be better than you were before...but it Defintely shouldn't consume you.

Lovely post.

Very wise words!

Thanks for adding to this thread :)

Ever wonder why you always or a lot of the time feel like you have no joy or peace? Or why you can't seem to be peaceful or joyful for at least 30 minutes to an hour?

Let me let you in on a little secret that the devil does not want you to know about. We have been set up.

You see the devil knows that our joy is our strength (Nehemiah 8:10). And if he can find a way to steal it... I guarantee you he will. And here's another part he does not want us to know... he can't do anything without our permission. Jesus stripped him of all his power (Colossians 2:15)

The devils nature, his description according to our Lord And Savior Jesus...is The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy (John 10:10)

So if the enemy has no power, and cannot do anything without our permission... how does he go about stealing, killing and destroying people?

He tricks us into giving him permission to operate in our lives.

Let me show you what i mean.....

The Bible says that he comes disguised as an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14). So all those horror movies that depicted some gruesome creature that was demon possessed, or the cartoons that show the devil in a red suit with horns and a pitchfork.... that was just to trick people into believing something opposite of the Written Word.

Ephesians 6:11 tells us Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil... or in other words the trickery and deception of the enemy. He comes as an angel of light to trick us into giving him the authority to steal, kill and destroy everything we have.

Think about this for a moment... if something really nasty, evil and gross came up to you, and asked you to go to the local bar or club with him... would you go? Of course not. Most believers would run the other way, without looking back.

But if a well dressed man invited you to church or someplace nice, and offered to give you anything you wanted/desired ... you may consider it. Probably would accept the invitation if you had nothing telling you that there was anything wrong with this guy or his proposal. And why would we go without questioning it?... because we would assume that he was sent by Father to bless us.

Can you see what advantage the enemy has in masquerading as something good?

So how does this all lead to being set up?

Let me ask a question ....How many times each day are we presented with the temptation to complain, get frustrated or grumble?

And given the fact that we know that the devil is a tricky entity, put together with other Scripture, we can know that it is the enemy that is setting us up for a fall,
and trying to find a way into our lives. To get his little toe in the crack of the door of our lives. So that he may bring about sickness in our bodies or wreak some kind of havoc in other areas of our lives.

Why would the enemy want to trip us up and steal our joy and peace? Because it is our strength, and is the key to walking in love, which keeps our faith strong. And our bodies healthy

Recently Father ministered something to me.... how can joy, which is a fruit of the spirit that was deposited into our spirits when we were first born again, thrive or stay active and solid in a heart (our innerman) that is full of complaining?

How can we expect to retain joy (which is our strength ... Nehemiah 8:10.... so it has power) when we are complaining about (fill in the blank), whatever caused us to be frustrated?

James 3:16 says... where envy and strife are there is confusion and every evil work. So when we are complaining about everything that does not make us happy we are in strife. We are feeding the spirit of strife, and giving it a place to come in and set up shop, or make a home. We are opening the door to the enemy to bring about every evil work in our lives.. and this includes sickness (2 Corinthians 2:11).

Any spirit who behaves opposite of what the Word says is not going to bring about the joy, and blessings of The Father.

In Philippians 4:4 (KJV) The Holy Spirit spoke through Paul to the Phillippian church. He said. 4) Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

Why would He say that?

In vs. 7 He gives us the answer....

Phi 4:6 — Phi 4:7 (KJV)

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

The Father knows that if we keep a thankful heart, a few things happen.... one is that the Peace that Jesus left/paid for when He went to the cross can stay and produce a harvest within us... it can flow into others, and bring comfort. Another reason is that a heart full of peace and thankfulness is not vulnerable to the tricks of the enemy. The enemy cannot sow any seeds of strife into the world around us, through us.

We have to be on our guard every moment of every day to keep ourselves rooted and grounded and walking out the Word. The enemy hates us and will do anything to seperate us from being encouraged (spirit of division) and that will keep us from being victorious. Because no one can walk this life alone.

Encourage someone you know who is going through an attack and come alongside them to help them to laugh their way to freedom... for a merry heart does good like a medicine. Remind them that what their going through is light and momentary, and that they are one step closer to victory if they faint not.

God bless you all... your in our prayers
Thanks for the encouragement sister ❤️

Back