Are you dead yet?

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
B

Boanerges(Inactive)

Are you dead yet?

Contrary to much popular teaching God is not trying to improve your flesh but instead He is killing it. The Holy Spirit's job is to lead us farther and farther to the place where all we are is crucified and all that remains is the new man given at rebirth. No self help, improvement, finding of purpose or polishing can ever make this old man acceptable to God- he has but one fate and that death on the cross.

Luk 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
Luk 9:24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

1Co 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
1Jn 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

True my son.
Contrary to much popular teaching God is not trying to improve your flesh but instead He is killing it. The Holy Spirit's job is to lead us farther and farther to the place where all we are is crucified and all that remains is the new man given at rebirth. No self help, improvement, finding of purpose or polishing can ever make this old man acceptable to God- he has but one fate and that death on the cross.

No book like you said on self help or no pastor can do that ..... We as children of God must dig for ourselves. The Holy Spirit will teach you and help you if you submit to Him.

We in this " self help society " want a quick fix for everything but we don't go to the real source which is Jesus Christ and Him alone and ask the Holy Spirit to be our helper. That takes work and effort on our part and sometimes we are not willing to put our effort into it. MAy we die to ourselves and the flesh and let the Holy Spirit take over. Daily coming before the Throne of Grace asking for Mercy and He will show us what to do.

Thanks for that my son.

Back