Are You Encouraged

Are You Encouraged

For I want you to know what a great conflict I have for you and those in Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh, that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. Colossians 2:1-3 NKJV

There is a conflict within those who are called. I'm not sure conflict is the right word. I mean there is burden within that causes one to act. Paul had this burden in his heart for all people. It caused him to reach out and encourage people everywhere.

Paul's desire is the people's hearts may be encouraged. Everyone needs encouragement at one time or another. Acts 27:36 "Then they were all encouraged, and also took food themselves." Encouragement enables someone to continue on. Isn't that what we need, to continue on in our faith, no matter what may come?

Paul wanted believers to be knitted to together or united in love. For Jesus taught us in John 13:33-35 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Allowing love to reign in our lives, sets us up for receiving the full assurance of understanding and knowledge of God. If we are not allowing love to temper our thoughts, attitudes, actions and behaviors, we not be able to grasp God's business in our lives and in the lives of others. Hebrews 10:22 "let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water."

Where do we get this knowledge of God? It comes from God's Word as the psalmist said in Psalm 119:66 "Teach me good judgment and knowledge, For I believe Your commandments." Proverbs 1:7 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, But fools despise wisdom and instruction."

So my prayer for all who read this is Hebrews 6:11 "And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end".

Back