Are you going in the right dirrection?

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
B

Boanerges(Inactive)

Are you going in the right dirrection?

Exo 13:21 And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:
Exo 13:22 He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people.

Num 9:20 And so it was, when the cloud was a few days upon the tabernacle; according to the commandment of the LORD they abode in their tents, and according to the commandment of the LORD they journeyed.
Num 9:21 And so it was, when the cloud abode from even unto the morning, and that the cloud was taken up in the morning, then they journeyed: whether it was by day or by night that the cloud was taken up, they journeyed.
Num 9:22 Or whether it were two days, or a month, or a year, that the cloud tarried upon the tabernacle, remaining thereon, the children of Israel abode in their tents, and journeyed not: but when it was taken up, they journeyed.
Num 9:23 At the commandment of the LORD they rested in the tents, and at the commandment of the LORD they journeyed: they kept the charge of the LORD, at the commandment of the LORD by the hand of Moses.

Just like the Israelites were are to be led only of God- to move ahead of Him into hostile territory was a diaster- to stay behind and loose sight of Him left them at the mercy of the elements- niether choice led to a great survival rate- we are to be sensitive in what our God is doing and how and were He is moving- it is the greatest of joys to be in the center of His will for our lives (even if that's in a desert place) and the greatest tragedy to be left behind- still doing our duties by with no cloud nor pillar- selah

Sometimes we just don't trust enough.
Sort of like when we pray for something but lose patience and want to do it our own way instead of waiting on the Lord.

I can relate but I am also reminded of the first sin- it was I trouble- lucifer got caught up in the I will syndrome and look were it got him!

Back