are you looking forward to eternity

smellycat

Account Closed
are you looking forward to eternity

i sure am looking forward to the Good times.exploring diffrent planets etc,looking at all the cool stuff God makes,also having a big family all for each other,i suppose we wait for the good bread,good news.seems strange people don,t talk much about eternal life.i wonder how much cool stuff is being held back for us.?:smiley10:

We have already passed from death to life so we have started our eternal journey here and can enjoy to trip. :D We don't have to wait until we get there. Jesus gaves us abundant life for the now!

The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ.
Jesus said He was the way to the heavenly Father. We receive Him as the Lord of our life.

You can use your own word or say something like this:

Jesus, thank you for being willing to be crucified, dying and raised from the dead that I can be saved. I turn away from sin and turn to you. I believe you are the Christ, the Son of God. Be the Lord of every part of my life. I receive You now and thank you for saving me.

Unregistered said:
Uh...ok. I didn't really get an answer but ok.

Unregistered said:
I just want to know how someone recieves Jesus. You never really answered that. How can he live inside of someone?

I answered it but all the other was trying to explain.

We are a spirit, we have a soul , and we live in a body. God is a spirit and we were created in His image.
When we die our spirit will go to live with God forever if we recieve Jesus, or our spirit will go to hell which is torment forever if we don't.

Because He is a Spirit, He can come and live in our spirit. Its not something we can understandewith our mind, but we just believe it because God said so and He can not lie.

Prayer is just talking to God like you would talk to a friend. Now the quote of this post below here was where I was telling you how to recieve Jesus. To receive Him you just whisper a prayer like this and tell Him you want to know Him and want a relationship with Him

You can use your own word or say something like this:

Jesus, thank you for being willing to be crucified, dying and raised from the dead that I can be saved. I turn away from sin and turn to you. I believe you are the Christ, the Son of God. Be the Lord of every part of my life. I receive You now and thank you for saving me.

Hey Guest! The only way to have Jesus come live within you, you must need to ask Him. You must confess that you are a sinner, which we ALL are. Even Christians are sinners...And if a Christian says that they aren't a sinner, then they are not truly a Christian. For we have all sinned and we STILL sin. You also must believe that Jesus died for our sins! He loved you so much, that he decided to die for YOU so that you can spend eternity with Him. He gives you the chance to spend eternity with him.

If you want Jesus to become your Lord and Savior. Say the following prayer. (And you MUST mean it. You don't have to say the word exact. But this is just a guideline. It needs to come from your heart.)

“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

Unregistered said:
I still don't get it. How can he live with me if he's dead? What is a soul exactly and how are you so sure we all have one? Other than Bible scripture how are you sure we have a soul? Doesn't logic tell us that if the human mind cannot understand something then it's probably not a good idea?

Jesus is not dead . He rose from the grave and is living with our Father , God . Jesus is God's son . We can have a personal relationship with Him by surrendering our lives to Him and just as that prayer that you prayed , He will come into your life and be your friend , a friend that sticks closer than a brother .

If you try and reason everything out , you will never come to Christ . There is an acceptance that we have a God that is bigger than life and who created the heavens and the earth . You need to have faith to ask and as you do the Holy Spirit will come into your life and you will feel like a changed person . You will want to read the scriptures and it will not be forced . You can have all this life if you only believe . It is not a religion . It is a relationship with a live God .

There is a Bible Story where a man named Nicodemus with the same question " how can I be born again ?' If you have a Bible read the Passage in John 3:1-14... There Jesus explains that , yes we are born of flesh but we need to be born of the spirit ( born from above ) Which we call new birth .

Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.' 8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

So in order to receive Christ inot your life , it so simple that all you have to do is ask . Just tell Jesus you want Him to come into your life and he will .

Unregistered said:
I still don't get it. How can he live with me if he's dead? What is a soul exactly and how are you so sure we all have one? Other than Bible scripture how are you sure we have a soul? Doesn't logic tell us that if the human mind cannot understand something then it's probably not a good idea?

Did you see those verse several of us mentioned? It said God raised Jesus fromthe dead. To be saved we must believe that. That is not anything a person can do, but GOD is a supernatural God and can do miracles and supernatural things. So He raised His Son from the dead.

Your soul is your mind, intellect, will, and emotions, so we all have one.

The Bible is God's words to us and is the highest authority over any man group, or document, for He is the creater of all things, knows all things, and cannot lie. So we can believe what He says, just like sometimes a child cannot understand what a parent is trying to tell them but they believe him and trust him. If we have faith in God, we believe Him and trust Him.

Sometimes our thinking is not correct. How could it be, if 5 people think 5 different things about a certain matter? At least 4 are wrong maybe all of them. So just because we can't understand something doesn't mean it isn't right or not a good idea.

The Bible says that our human mind cannot understand the things of the spirit, but only our spirit can understand the things of God. After we are born again, the spirit of God that lives within us gives us understanding, wisdom, and revelation, when we renew our mind to His way of thinking by reading and meditating on what He says in His Word, the Bible.

no i don,t want him to come back and kill everybody.but i do look forward to a place without wars,murders,rapes etc etc.and i don,t think we will hear of such things,all bad news affects your mood just like Good news lifts the spirit.for to long i,ve been knocked down in this world.and i look forward to a life built by Christ,and not bob the builder.when you look at the big picture in the world you don,t know were your going or what your building,and who your building for.but with Christ we stand together with him,we know where he came from,we know he died to set us free,we know where he went,and we know he is coming back.:smiley10:

we are spirit.our spirits who we are.don,t worry about logic,it,s irrelevent with God.

John 1:5
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.:smiley10:

islam don,t have Christ.?he is the way and the life.educated fools i call people for many reasons,1 is because they try to teach us there way ,as if they know best.the fun is lost if we were all educated like a stiff piece of wood.?education like politics should never be the same sort of people.oxford cambridge etc,they then become little robots with the same spiel.i have many reasons to call educated people fools.i listen to politicians and they manipulate every word to get there own way.they behave like spoilt children,hence the athiest attacks on Christianity,they don,t want anybody to be correct but themselves.:smiley10:

Back