Are you ready for the day of judgment?

Are you ready for the day of judgment?

2 Peter 3:7) But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men

the day of judgment - Why is the day of judgment a topic that many times is not heeded nor taken seriously? Why do people choose to stay in the dark about the day of judgment? Ignorance, people choose to look at what is convenient for them. They don’t want to face reality. My people, my fellow Christians, this is no time to be ignorant, in the dark, and unknowing of the truth. Psalm 119:105) Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path)) This is key. What is a person without the word of God? Stumbling in the darkness and looking for his way and what a helpless condition he is in! Many people claim God and to know him, and to be following him, but are they really? “And why call ye me, Lord, Lord” and do not keep my word. Psalms 119:101) I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word)) And yet this lesson is one that is seldom taught and almost abandoned in today’s fast paced world where salvation seems to be something easily declared, yet hardly shown.

Being a Christian is not just putting on a name or a label, but should be manifest in action and behavior. Avoiding sin is critical, and a huge step to living a life pleasing God, but sadly many think that continuing in presumptuous sin is allowed, habitually sinning. We should be “dead to sin”, but not living and submitting to it. Don’t be deceived, only the hearer and the doer are justified under God. “the face of the Lord is against them that do evil”, “God is angry with the wicked every day”. How long will you continue in your wicked ways? God asked the world. My friends, the world lies in wickedness, evil, and deceit. As Christians by no means should we submit to it, but go against it, conquering the sin in our lives, to be more like he who was without sin, our Lord, Jesus Christ. Without blemish and without spot he was while he lived on earth 33 years, and is still perfect, so what is the standard that we are held to, Christ Jesus. While we have sinned, and were condemned, by the Lord’s blood we are saved, but not to live in sin or else how could you be dead to that which you still live in? Make no mistake, willful sin is perverseness manifested in our bodies. “keep thy servant from presumptuous sin”, why did David ask this, because sin is the death of the soul. “the soul that sinneth shall die”, don’t you think this says and is a huge warning against presumptuous sin, seeing that every man has sinned and “there is none righteous, no, not one”.

This is the type of truth people dismiss and choose not to hear, but what does this mistake and rejection cost when judgment day comes because judgment day is for the sinner, those who died in their sins, still living in them, and chose to remain unrepented and did not escape from their sinfulness, those that did not obey the gospel, who may have heard it, but certainly did not it, and chose not to live in it. Weather people want to hear and/or acknowledge it, judgment day is coming. “As a thief in the night” the Lord comes, Matthew 24:27) For as lightening cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west , so shall also the coming of the Son of man be))

Don't forget that those saved will be judged as well. Not a condemning judgement but we do have to give an account of our lives and actions.

Personally, I tend not to get caught up in the end times thing. When it happens it will happen. It does not change the way I live my life or make me do anything differently. I feel the same urgency of sharing the Gospel for someone that may get in a wreck today and die as I would thinking today is the day Jesus is coming.

We are all in God's hands, believers and non-believers alike. His grace is what sustains us all. He is in complete control and I take comfort in his goodness.

Yep I am ready.:)

Judgement for a Christian is purging and all our works not built through complete reliance on and empowerment by the Holy Spirit will be consumed as by fire. These are wood, hay and stubble. The works that are the direct result of God's leading and empowering are Gold, silver and precious stones.
The folks mentioned in the original post missed the "by grace you are saved through faith" part and seem to have a works based religion- Lord didn't I, Lord didn't I.The things we can do in our own strength and at our own direction are not pleasing to God. Righteousness based on performance is a filthy rag and can never stand in front of a holy God. If we could have done it ourselves then Jesus would not have hung on that tree.
Our salvation is based on the shed blood of Christ and the imputed righteousness of Christ. We walk this out by faith, led of the Spirit of God , yielded to His will and we are pleasing to God.

Don't forget that those saved will be judged as well. Not a condemning judgement but we do have to give an account of our lives and actions.

The judgment of the saints will not be for sins but for works that we do for the Lord of for self. Good works "gold, silver, and precious stone) will survive, but selfish works (wood, hay, and stubble) will not. This has nothing to do with our sins since they were paid for on the cross.

A dear friend once told me this : If I be the greatest Apostle or the humblest babe in Christ I have but one leg to stand on when I approach those gates and that the shed blood of my Lord Jesus Christ.

1Co 3:11
For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Praise God the we which love the Master are to be judged in Christ and not on our own righteousness.:)

The judgment of the saints will not be for sins but for works that we do for the Lord of for self. Good works "gold, silver, and precious stone) will survive, but selfish works (wood, hay, and stubble) will not. This has nothing to do with our sins since they were paid for on the cross.

I thought saying not a condemning judgment made it clear it was not for sins. Sorry.

A Caution to the Presumptuous

It is a singular fact, but nevertheless most certain, that the vices are the counterfeits of virtues. Whenever God sends from the mint of heaven a precious coin of genuine metal, Satan will imitate the impress, and utter a vile production of no value. God gives love; it is his nature and his essence. Satan also fashioneth a thing which he calls love, but it is lust. God bestows courage; and it is a good thing to be able to look one's fellow in the face, fearless of all men in doing our duty. Satan inspires fool-hardiness, styles it courage, and bids the man rush to the cannon's mouth for "bubble reputation." God creates in man holy fear. Satan gives him unbelief, and we often mistake the one for the other. So with the best of virtues, the saving grace of faith, when it comes to its perfection it ripens into confidence, and there is nothing so comfortable and so desirable to the Christian, as the full assurance of faith. Hence, we find Satan, when he sees this good coin, at once takes the metal of the bottomless pit, imitates the heavenly image and superscription of assurance, and palms upon us the vice of presumption....

"Let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall."
1 Corinthians 10:12

...the rest at....

Sermons of C. H. Spurgeon (page 1 of 6)

Back