Are you secure in your salvation?

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
B

Boanerges(Inactive)

Are you secure in your salvation?

1Jn 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

I've used that verse with people who try to say that no one can know for certain that they're saved. Well, I DO know for certain that I was saved on May 18, 1963.

I've used that verse with people who try to say that no one can know for certain that they're saved. Well, I DO know for certain that I was saved on May 18, 1963.
Praise God Jon- Marc..... so do I and no body can take that away. Because we know that we know that we know .

The great thing is that I don't have to trust in my own goodness to get to heaven but in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. If I trusted in myself and my works, I would be constantly doubting and wondering if I've lost my salvation. Since "All our righteousnesses are as filthy rags" (Isa. 64:6), how can anyone say that they can work their way into heaven? Will God accept filthy rags as payment for sin?

The great thing is that I don't have to trust in my own goodness to get to heaven but in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. If I trusted in myself and my works, I would be constantly doubting and wondering if I've lost my salvation. Since "All our righteousnesses are as filthy rags" (Isa. 64:6), how can anyone say that they can work their way into heaven? Will God accept filthy rags as payment for sin?
Nope He won't . Good thought Jon- Marc.:cool: