Are You Sure Of The Assurance

The theme of 1 John is to “know that you know that you know.” Know what? Know with assurance that we are saved. The word “assure” means to remove all doubt. There is nothing more important than knowing we are real Christ followers and that when we die we will spend eternity in Heaven. Assurance is essential. No one wants to wonder where they will spend eternity when they die; they want to be assured of heaven. And Christ followers know.

It liberates me, ...I'm free, free from keeping rituals, rules and regulations, I was saved in a legalistic church and every Sunday I was going forward at the alter call to be saved again because I wasn't assured I had done enough to merit His love, and then Father, in His infinite love taught me about His grace, I don't have to pray, tithe, be loving, go to church, I don't have to be baptized, take communion or any other church ordinances, ...I free because I'm justified, that means I'm innocent, without spot or blemish, I don't have to do anything and Father will still love me for all Eternity and take me to Heaven to be with Him,

...soooo, I do tithe and give offerings, I do pray, I am loving and considerate of other people, I do go to church, I do take communion, I am baptized, I do follow the rules and regulations as taught in the Epistles, why, not because I have to, but because it's my puny way of showing my love to my God.

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

In His Love,

Gene

His love is overwhelming and the only reason anyone truly gets saved, surely.

However...I grasp that God loves me so much that He gave me free will. He can love me even if I am suffering in hell for my sins.

The only thing I have to ''do'' is carry my cross which is not literally obeying a law or regulation. But rather choosing to put Him first everyday. I like how you said it justpassingthru ''puny way of showing my love to my God'' :).

Back