Ark of the convenant

No doubt we differ on many things and yet we are still brothers:). Was the Old Covenant a type of the New in which Christ was revealed- yes. I take the scripture quite literally when it says that these things were but shadows of the heavenly.
Indeed the Ark was a key part of the Tabernacle of Moses which was by God's design an imitation of the heavenly:

Heb 8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
Heb 8:3 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.
Heb 8:4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:
Heb 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

So apparently if I shared your view the tents, the alter, the brazen laver, the alter of incense, the table of shew bread and all the other tools of service were copies patterned after the heavenly but the earthly man made ark was spirited up? Hmm and what about the mercy seat? Hmm.:)

Well anyway we can freely disagree and I do enjoy our conversations. You are a good brother Remnant.
Pro 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

God bless you and have a good evening my friend.:D

No doubt we differ on many things and yet we are still brothers:). Was the Old Covenant a type of the New in which Christ was revealed- yes. I take the scripture quite literally when it says that these things were but shadows of the heavenly.
Indeed the Ark was a key part of the Tabernacle of Moses which was by God's design an imitation of the heavenly:

Heb 8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
Heb 8:3 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.
Heb 8:4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:
Heb 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

So apparently if I shared your view the tents, the alter, the brazen laver, the alter of incense, the table of shew bread and all the other tools of service were copies patterned after the heavenly but the earthly man made ark was spirited up? Hmm and what about the mercy seat? Hmm.:)

Well anyway we can freely disagree and I do enjoy our conversations. You are a good brother Remnant.
Pro 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

God bless you and have a good evening my friend.:D

Larry, We are talking about the Ark of the covenant and not the tabernacle of the old testament. Do you accept Revelation 11:19 Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail. Literally or symbolicly?

If you are saying that it is symbolic then I can see why we differ, and if you are, their is more I would like to add! Their is no indication what so ever that these scriptures are symbolic! Unless you know of another scripture that refers to it being so!

Yes we are brothers and we do learn from each other as iron sharpens iron!

You do know that the Ark was built as part of the furniture for tabernacle don't you?:eek::p

You do know that the Ark was built as part of the furniture for tabernacle don't you?:eek::p

Of Course! But it was more than just a peice of furniture! What about my question, Do you accept Revelation 11:19 Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail. Literally or symbolicly?

I believe it literal and it is the true Heavy Temple while all the stuff Moses had made was the earthly temporary version.
We both agree there is an Ark in heaven- you think it is the wooden gilded box made by the Jews and I think it is the true heavenly Ark that is part of the heavenly that the earthly was directly patterned after.
In all honesty there is no 100% conclusive evidence to sort it out. When we get to heaven lets meet up and go see for ourselves.:D

It is a blessing that God has hidden the Ark from man. For if HE had not, it would be the greatest Idol of all. Such was the case with the brasen serpent Mose made:

2 Kings 18:4. He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan.

We have something greater than what the ARK symbolized. We have that which was concealed in the Law and Prophet, the revelation of our Lord and Saviour (Jesus the Christ). The Ark, mercy seat and all else ...only pointed to Christ.

We don't need to seek a trinket when we have the True TREASURE :)jesus-sign:). :amen:

Good Day and God Bless

It is a blessing that God has hidden the Ark from man. For if HE had not, it would be the greatest Idol of all. Such was the case with the brasen serpent Mose made:

2 Kings 18:4. He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan.

We have something greater than what the ARK symbolized. We have that which was concealed in the Law and Prophet, the revelation of our Lord and Saviour (Jesus the Christ). The Ark, mercy seat and all else ...only pointed to Christ.

We don't need to seek a trinket when we have the True TREASURE :)jesus-sign:). :amen:

Good Day and God Bless
Amen x 10.
The blood of the Lamb was applied to the Mercy Seat which covered the Law and made a way for God and man to meet- that is a perfect type and shadow of the ministry of Christ.

Back