Armor of God

Armor of God

How do you put on the Armor of God? I understand the Sword of the Spirit but the other parts I don't..

I did an 'armor of god, check it out' post. so check it out

Anyways, from what I know its prayer that puts it on. Hences the ppray everyday thing it has at the end. I think.

However one takes up the helmet, shield and sword. So those three I think are what is prayed on. The breastplate, belt, and 'boots' are more God given and are still prayed on. I really don't know how that works.

So, brestplate is Gods protection since yours is feeble. Belt holds it all together. 'Boots' help you be ready to move and go. Shield is protection you use. Helmet is protection you where. Sword is offence you use. Just a thought, hope it helps a little.

cool I just got through checking out the post... from what I gather you put the armor on through prayer.... is that right?

Yeah
so for each part of the armor, you pray for God to aid or strengthen you in that area.
could someone help me explain this better. I vaguly remmeber reading an article on it.

But its like praying to reside in God and for Him to give you the strength you need
so, the belt, and breastplate are resided in. the 'boots' are to hear and obey. The helment is more for prayer to protect my mind. The shield... wait thats the diffrence. The helmet shild and sword or more of what you have to do, but still pray for strength in useing them.

Sorry, just got that. Oh, yeah I don't really pray like this daily. I pray for Gods strength or what not. So its more sybolisim I think.

Again anyone else please add. and thanks 'who am I'

So that what I know or at lest I think I know

And yes everyone I need to put my words into action...I know. :)

That's good Mats .... It is all there on the other thread . and yes each day as we ask God for protection He will give us what we need and Protect us ,shield us from the darts of the enemy and cover us with His Blood . The precious Blood of Jesus Christ .

A nice Psalm to read every day after you pray is Psalm 91.

Psalm 91

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. [a]
2 I will say [b] of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."
3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—
even the LORD, who is my refuge-
10 then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."

Footnotes:
  1. Psalm 91:1 Hebrew Shaddai
  2. Psalm 91:2 Or He says

thanks everyone it makes alot of sense know and yes psalms 91 is great... I wore a bandanna with it printed on it day and night before and after I got saved it was for over a month.. i finally felt led to give it to a neighbor of mine... the next day he shot himself... that was hard for me to understand... i guess there is somethings we should just leave to God..

That is correct

cool I just got through checking out the post... from what I gather you put the armor on through prayer.... is that right?

I am new to this site: Sorry if this is late but this is my first day.

When you get up every morning you should put on the "Full Armor of God."

Ephesians 6:10-11 says "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."

With a lot of God's children, most of our problems stem from our inability to say no to certain temptations. But the Apostle Paul gave a formula for that. The Apostle Paul refers to the enemy's strategy as "wiles"

The pieces or armor that Paul refers to in Ephesians is an example of those that the Roman Soldiers wore in that day. By comparing the believer's spiritual defenses with that of the Roman Soldier, Paul gives an example of how spiritual defenses work.

The Armor of God
  1. Belt of Truth - Ask God to help you speak and think sincere things
  2. Breast - plate of Righteousness -Ask God to protect your heart against Satan.
  3. Shoes of Peace - Ask God to direct where you walk and not go where God does not want you to go.
  4. The Shield of Faith - Ask God to protect you from the darts of Satan with the "Shield" and let them just bounce off of you.
  5. Helmet of Salvation - Ask God to protect your thinking.
  6. Sword of the Spirit - The word of God. Ask God to help you use the word as your defense.
This should be practiced everyday.
Hope this helps

Back