As he is so are we in this world!

1 John 4:17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world.

I was meditating on the above scripture this morning because I desire to know my Lord Jesus in a deeper and richer way.
So I wanted to understand how this awesome God/man lived when he walked among us in the human flesh? If I'm to be 'as he was in the world' I need to understand as much as possible, how he actually lived from day to day!. I'm particularly intrigued about the long periods he spent in prayer, listening to and hearing the Fathers heart! Oh how I desire to emulate this also.
Among his countless characteristics which space or time would not allow me to reiterate here. I'm reminded that
1. He was humble (even to death on a cross)
2. Had childlike dependency on the Father (John 8:28 (he did nothing of his own accord only that which his father told him to do and say)
3. He was love personified. He revealed the inexplicable love of a Holy and Righteous God for Adam's fallen race
4. He was compassionate, able to enter into our grief and suffering, illustrated as he wept with Mary and Martha a Lazarus' tomb (John 11:35)
5. He was obedient as he surrendered his will and accepted the awful cup of suffering as he cried out
'O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will. Matt 26:39

Oh my precious brothers and sisters in Christ, members of the Body of Christ, the 'Church' Let us endeavour to seek after Him with all our hearts and we WILL find Him. Glory to His matchless Name

I feel Jesus was capable of all human emotions in the flesh including that of anger as well. He did over turn the money changers tables in anger. It is a reminder that anger in itself is not a sin, but how we choose to use that anger that can cause us to sin.

He felt the sting of betrayal as well knowing in advance Judas would be the cause of his own suffering, and that Peter would deny him. Yet he still knew and fulfilled our Father's plans for him. I can only imagine in my mind what that was like for him. He felt every emotion possible as we would have. What a great sacrifice he gave for us all. Might we all remember this every time we pray.

Father in the name of your Son Jesus Christ I thank you for everything you have done for us great and small, and for my brothers and sisters in Christ. Amen.

Last edited:
Moving this thread to the 'General Discussions' area where it will receive more views.

I think of the depth of suffering Jesus experienced was so human yet he overcame.

Things like betrayal, false accusations, physical pain, bullying, poverty, persecution. I mean here was someone who people wanted to kill at the age of two years old! And he had done nothing except be born!

They hated him without cause yet Jesus didnt retaliate in kind. He loved them anyway, while the were yet sinners. What a great sacrifice Jesus made for us, anyone else would have not gone to the cross and acdepted that cruel punishment, and asked for a bail out. If Jesus had been rich in earthly terms he could have bribed the romans and got off. You know? Thats why rich people arent often seen in prisons. They get away with their crimes cos they can afford slick lawyers. Jesus had no one defending him, nobody spoke up for him, even Peter denied him. But his actions spoke louder than any words and his forgiveness was so wide and deep. He has scars but no trace of bitterness. Eveything Jesus did was good cos His Father guided him every step of the way.

I feel Jesus was capable of all human emotions in the flesh including that of anger as well. He did over turn the money changers tables in anger. It is a reminder that anger in itself is not a sin, but how we choose to use that anger that can cause us to sin.

He felt the sting of betrayal as well knowing in advance Judas would be the cause of his own suffering, and that Peter would deny him. Yet he still knew and fulfilled our Father's plans for him. I can only imagine in my mind what that was like for him. He felt every emotion possible as we would have. What a great sacrifice he gave for us all. Might we all remember this every time we pray.

Father in the name of your Son Jesus Christ I thank you for everything you have done for us great and small, and for my brothers and sisters in Christ. Amen.
Amen! Amen! May the Lord richly bless you

1 John 4:17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world.

I was meditating on the above scripture this morning because I desire to know my Lord Jesus in a deeper and richer way.
So I wanted to understand how this awesome God/man lived when he walked among us in the human flesh? If I'm to be 'as he was in the world' I need to understand as much as possible, how he actually lived from day to day!. I'm particularly intrigued about the long periods he spent in prayer, listening to and hearing the Fathers heart! Oh how I desire to emulate this also.
Among his countless characteristics which space or time would not allow me to reiterate here. I'm reminded that
1. He was humble (even to death on a cross)
2. Had childlike dependency on the Father (John 8:28 (he did nothing of his own accord only that which his father told him to do and say)
3. He was love personified. He revealed the inexplicable love of a Holy and Righteous God for Adam's fallen race
4. He was compassionate, able to enter into our grief and suffering, illustrated as he wept with Mary and Martha a Lazarus' tomb (John 11:35)
5. He was obedient as he surrendered his will and accepted the awful cup of suffering as he cried out
'O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will. Matt 26:39

Oh my precious brothers and sisters in Christ, members of the Body of Christ, the 'Church' Let us endeavour to seek after Him with all our hearts and we WILL find Him. Glory to His matchless Name

If we love God and the Lord Jesus and one another as brothers and sisters then that will give us boldness and we will have no fear of the judment.

Actually......being saved means that we will not go through the coming Judgment of God. We are saved from something to something.

"Because as He is so are we in this world" means we are just like the Lord Jesus. He was raised from the dead and He has life. We have that life also.

Now for the really great news......Jesus is up yonder in heaven at God's right hand and since we are IN Christ and we are accepted in the Beloved......
we are also "Positionally" right there with the Lord Jesus Christ.

Back