As We Aproach Easter

Dusty

Inactive
As We Aproach Easter

For me Easter is one of the most holyiest times in our Christian Faith . It is a time of great devotiom , reflection, sorrow and pain ending with a triumphal , joyous resurection on Resurection Sunday .

Picture with me the agony of the Cross - Picture yourself standing with the croud . What do you see ?

I see the Precious Lamb of God , hanging on a wooden cross , lonely , full of pain as this is one of the most gruesome ways to die . This was a very slow and painful death , killing the person with agony . Victims would simply go into shock and remain barely alive. .

As we stand gazing at the cross , how do we approach ? Are we standing in fear or in awe , amazed by the significance of God's only Son's suffering . Or do we come near the cross with humble adoration and gratitude?

1 Peter 2:24
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.

Jesusglowangels.gif

For me Easter is one of the most holyiest times in our Christian Faith . It is a time of great devotiom , reflection, sorrow and pain ending with a triumphal , joyous resurection on Resurection Sunday .

Picture with me the agony of the Cross - Picture yourself standing with the croud . What do you see ?

I see the Precious Lamb of God , hanging on a wooden cross , lonely , full of pain as this is one of the most gruesome ways to die . This was a very slow and painful death , killing the person with agony . Victims would simply go into shock and remain barely alive. .

As we stand gazing at the cross , how do we approach ? Are we standing in fear or in awe , amazed by the significance of God's only Son's suffering . Or do we come near the cross with humble adoration and gratitude?

1 Peter 2:24
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.
Amen. I have a book by Max Lucado - it talks about the last week of Jesus when he was alive on this earth. It's really powerful. I should start reading it again :)
And my birthday is on Easter this year - and i'm so excited. Jesus is goooood :) :)

This time of year is so important that even those who don't follow the Lord or who never think about Him other times, go to church. Then and Christmas time

This time of year is so important that even those who don't follow the Lord or who never think about Him other times, go to church. Then and Christmas time

That's true and we call them the C and E christians . There unfortunately are a lot of those around. Well we make accomodation for them by having three morning services . A sunrise service at @ 6AM followed by breakfast and then the next two at 9:30 and 11:30 . I love the sunrise service .

That's true and we call them the C and E christians . There unfortunately are a lot of those around. Well we make accomodation for them by having three morning services . A sunrise service at @ 6AM followed by breakfast and then the next two at 9:30 and 11:30 . I love the sunrise service .

Some just go to soothe their conscience but that isn't going to help. The good thing is those that really know the Lord make sure they preach a good salvation sermon and most churches have people saved then even if they usually don't.

I've been to one sunrise service. It's not for me LOL. I don't like to get up that early

Some just go to soothe their conscience but that isn't going to help. The good thing is those that really know the Lord make sure they preach a good salvation sermon and most churches have people saved then even if they usually don't.

I've been to one sunrise service. It's not for me LOL. I don't like to get up that early

I don't normally get up so early either but I really like our sunrise service so I can do it once a year. All other times I go to the 11:30 service .

And that's why we need to pray that the Holy Spirit who draws these people in come to know Jesus in a personal way .

Yes we do need to pray for all churches and their families and those they bring to church, that their hearts be prepared to receive the Lord. Without prayer it doesn't matter what else we do, it won't help.

Amen. I have a book by Max Lucado - it talks about the last week of Jesus when he was alive on this earth. It's really powerful. I should start reading it again :)
And my birthday is on Easter this year - and i'm so excited. Jesus is goooood :) :)

If you care to share some of these thoughts , that would be great . really love his readings.

Wow your Birthday is on Easter ... How cool is that .

I see the Precious Lamb of God , hanging on a wooden cross , lonely , full of pain as this is one of the most gruesome ways to die . This was a very slow and painful death , killing the person with agony . Victims would simply go into shock and remain barely alive.
Yes The Lord Jesus had an agonizing death but His suffering goes way beyond the physical. The devil and all the demons we there surrounding Him goading him ...one can only imagine how they taunted Him (scripture refers to them as the bulls of bashen) The agony He went through when The Father turned His face from Him.... that caused Him to cry " My God My God why have You forsaken Me" was immeasurable little wonder that darkness descended over the whole earth.
Oh God give us a deeper understanding of what Your Son suffered for the likes of us.

Yes The Lord Jesus had an agonizing death but His suffering goes way beyond the physical. The devil and all the demons we there surrounding Him goading him ...one can only imagine how they taunted Him (scripture refers to them as the bulls of bashen) The agony He went through when The Father turned His face from Him.... that caused Him to cry " My God My God why have You forsaken Me" was immeasurable little wonder that darkness descended over the whole earth.
Oh God give us a deeper understanding of what Your Son suffered for the likes of us.

Christ’s Agony

Yes the agony that He bore for us was incomprehensible and unconditional . Through it all He uttered very important words for us to ponder . His words were brief but poignant and we need to realize even though He is God’s Son - He came as a Man that we would have understanding of His great love for us . His breathing was difficult but His final words are of the utmost importance as He spoke “SEVEN “ times .

The seven times are listed here and I would like to take each verse and expound on it with also every one’s input as well .

1…… …. Luke 23:34 …….. Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

2……….. Luke 23: 43 ……. 43Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise

3…….. John 19:26…….. When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, "Dear woman, here is your son,"

4……….. Matthew 27: 46 …… About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi lama sabachthani?"—which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
5…………. John 19:28…….Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty."

6………. John 19:30 ……. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

7….. Luke 23:46……. Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." When he had said this, he breathed his last.

First Word ....

Let’s talk about each of the scriptures one by one and giving time for all members to give their message .

The first one where Jesus says “ Father forgive them , for they know not what they do “

Jesus became sin and curse for you and me …. For everyone . He was humbled and became a servant for you and me , he is the Lamb , the vine , the Rock , the servant. The Son of the living God

What perfect love . He loved His enemies enough to ask God the Father to forgive them .

This is our example as well ; is to love our enemies as Christ loved them . He took eternal death for them as well as for us . Therefore we also need to ask forgiveness of those who treat us unkindly .

I invite you all to comment and then we will move to the second words

The agony He went through when The Father turned His face from Him.... that caused Him to cry " My God My God why have You forsaken Me" was immeasurable little wonder that darkness descended over the whole earth.
This was prophecied in Psalm 22
Psalm 22:1My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

The first one where Jesus says “ Father forgive them , for they know not what they do “

Even as The Lord hung on that cross in tremendous pain and agony His thoughts were not for Himself but for others. How utterly selfless His great and wonderful love is.

It reminds me that we should not be selfish and consider the needs of others as this scripture puts it Phil 2:3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests , but also for the interests of others.

Even as The Lord hung on that cross in tremendous pain and agony His thoughts were not for Himself but for others. How utterly selfless His great and wonderful love is.

It reminds me that we should not be selfish and consider the needs of others as this scripture puts it Phil 2:3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests , but also for the interests of others.

That is a very good point HesallIneed . We do live in a very selfish world where all people think about is : Me , Me " ..... but we as Christians are living in the world but not of the world and should definately be projecting a different view of dying to self and taking up our cross and following Jesus and being the servant that He was .

Back