Ask A Christian Navy Seal

Do you believe it is possible to be a navy SEAL that takes kills and a Christian at the same time?

• Total voters
Navy SEAL Chad Williams has just started a page called, "Ask a Navy SEAL" on his website; in which he will select a question to answer daily ranging from SEAL training to spirituality. I just entered a few questions, looks like he already answered the first one :)

Do you guys know any other Christian Navy SEALs?

You can ask Chad your question and see other question and answers here: http://www.navysealchadwilliams.com/ask-a-navy-seal/

Sure its possible but it don't make Chad a minister of Christ to be a SEAL?..He could be called to ministry but true ministry brings glory to Christ and not to man.

Sure its possible but it don't make Chad a minister of Christ to be a SEAL?..He could be called to ministry but true ministry brings glory to Christ and not to man.
Yes lol. Would I get responses if I started a page called ''ask the waterboy'' :notworthy:.

I have friends in the business. I was going to try out for BUDS at one point in time. I had all my family pray about it, and I prayed to. God's answer was for me not to be a seal. I was a little sad at His answer at first, and thought of excuses maybe He really wants me to join. Then I got over it and listened.

Ask him this.. Does he feel any remorse when he kills anyone?

I have friends in the business. I was going to try out for BUDS at one point in time. I had all my family pray about it, and I prayed to. God's answer was for me not to be a seal. I was a little sad at His answer at first, and thought of excuses maybe He really wants me to join. Then I got over it and listened.

Ask him this.. Does he feel any remorse when he kills anyone?

Ironically that is roughly the first question he decided to answer. Scroll down to his 5/13/2014 post here: http://www.navysealchadwilliams.com/ask-a-navy-seal/

here is what scriptures says: thou shall not "murder" ..
"kill" is a poor translation and is not what the Hebrew says ..
"murder" is the taking of "innocent blood" ..
a combatant on a battlefield (with a weapon) is by no means innocent ..

God many times in the OT took life ..
but by no means were they innocent ..

notice the OT makes a defining of "innocent blood"
(Deu 19:10,13 Deu 21:8,9 1Sa 19:5)
and also the "blood avenger"
(Num 35:19,21 Num 35:24,25,27,33 Deu 19:6,10,12 Jos 20:3,5,9 2Sa 14:11)
that were set up to track down and kill (not murder) the guilty ..

Maybe if that's how it always played out. I have friends in the special forces that have told me they had to kill kids in the military. So these kids don't count as innocent blood?

I told them I could never do something like that. They said I have no idea until I'm in that situation. Because maybe that kid might of had a bomb on them or something, and they would rather kill the child then risk one of their soldiers lives.
If those kids were not armed that's innocent blood on their hands. I would rather lose my life then risk taking the life of an innocent child... I think that's what the seal

Michael Murphy did. He was in a situation where he had to choose killing some unarmed kids or letting them go. He chose to let them go and it cost him his life. I would of some the same.

I understand these men are in stressful situations, and they have to make quick decisions. So if I wasn't a Christian I would be okay with this, and I probably would of joined.

But remember being a seal is a choice. They chose to put themselves in those situations. Nobody forced them. They were not drafted. They get paid to murder for the government.

It's not to defend us. Who is attacking America? We go to war with other countries to take resources. So to me on every level it's murder.

Maybe if that's how it always played out. I have friends in the special forces that have told me they had to kill kids in the military. So these kids don't count as innocent blood?

I told them I could never do something like that. They said I have no idea until I'm in that situation. Because maybe that kid might of had a bomb on them or something, and they would rather kill the child then risk one of their soldiers lives.
If those kids were not armed that's innocent blood on their hands. I would rather lose my life then risk taking the life of an innocent child... I think that's what the seal

Michael Murphy did. He was in a situation where he had to choose killing some unarmed kids or letting them go. He chose to let them go and it cost him his life. I would of some the same.

I understand these men are in stressful situations, and they have to make quick decisions. So if I wasn't a Christian I would be okay with this, and I probably would of joined.

But remember being a seal is a choice. They chose to put themselves in those situations. Nobody forced them. They were not drafted. They get paid to murder for the government.

It's not to defend us. Who is attacking America? We go to war with other countries to take resources. So to me on every level it's murder.
How much resources have we taken from Afghanistan or Iraq? Please be specific.

Do we really believe we were in those countries to fight for our freedom?

Before we invaded Iraq their oil industry was completely nationalized, and was closed to any western oil companies. Now its mainly privatized and dominated by foreign firms. Chevron, BP, ExxonMobil, and Shell have all set up shop in Iraq. Also Halliburton, which was a firm ran by Dick Cheney at one point is running shop their.. What a coincidence.

For Afganistan I read this:
America has wanted a new government in Afghanistan since at least 1998, three years before the attacks on 11 September 2001. The official report from a meeting of the U.S. Government's foreign policy committee on 12 February 1998, available on the U.S. Government website, confirms that the need for a West-friendly government was recognised long before the War on Terror that followed September 11th:

• "The U.S. Government's position is that we support multiple pipelines...
    The Unocal pipeline is among those pipelines that would receive our
    support under that policy. I would caution that while we do support the
    project, the U.S. Government has not at this point recognized any
    governing regime of the transit country, one of the transit countries,
    Afghanistan, through which that pipeline would be routed. But we do
    support the project."
    [ U.S. House of Reps., "U.S. Interests in the Central Asian Republics", 12 Feb 1998 ]

"The only other possible route [for the desired oil pipeline] is across,
    Afghanistan which has of course its own unique challenges."

[ "U.S. Interests in the Central Asian Republics", 12 Feb 1998 ]

"CentGas can not begin construction until an internationally recognized
    Afghanistan Government is in place."
    [ "U.S. Interests in the Central Asian Republics", 12 Feb 1998 ]
http://www.thedebate.org/thedebate/afghanistan.asp

What business did we have in those countries? Please be specific.

I agree with you ..
a nation must respect another nations sovereignty ..
how would we like others nations trying to collapse our gov or bringing their troops on our land .. as Thomas Jefferson said "do not become entangled in the affairs of other nations" .. only if they declare war on us, should we use the military .. actually the Constitution states we are not suppose to have a standing army in times of peace ..
the only thing I disagree with, is that we have taken resources (unpaid) from any nation since Manifest Destiny was abandoned ..

So you are saying Christians shouldn't be in the military? I agree with you that our government is corrupt and most wars aren't for our protection lately. But, these children are taught to hate us. They are programmed to despise everything we stand for. To me they are no different than nations that stood up against Israel in the OT. And if you want to think about it Biblically, we are assisting Israel in Her own defense. You are being very naive in your thinking.

So you are saying Christians shouldn't be in the military? I agree with you that our government is corrupt and most wars aren't for our protection lately. But, these children are taught to hate us. They are programmed to despise everything we stand for. To me they are no different than nations that stood up against Israel in the OT. And if you want to think about it Biblically, we are assisting Israel in Her own defense. You are being very naive in your thinking.

If they sent military to your city and killed your family you would hate whatever country did that too. But I'm not saying a christian should or shouldn't be in the military. I'm saying for myself I wanted to go, but after prayer I was led away. If we agree that our country is corrupt, then who would join in on it knowing they are fighting for a corrupt government, Christian or not.

Every Government is corrupt. So lets take away our military then. We would be taken over within a year if not sooner. Yes God could protect us, but with our track record we would most likely lose

Every Government is corrupt. So lets take away our military then. We would be taken over within a year if not sooner. Yes God could protect us, but with our track record we would most likely lose

Of course not all that. But as ixoye mentioned we shouldn't be getting involved in other countries affairs.

Should we protect Israel? Granted they probably don't need our help since they defended themselves just fine twice since they became a recognized nation.

Back