Astrology Or Trust In God?

WEBSITE
http://newagedangers.wordpress.com/

Astrology or Trust in God?
Originally published by Editions Téqui, 2010

Dear readers, I want to share with you my experience in astrology.

For years, from the age of 16, I consulted astrologers.

At this stage of my life, I wrote to an astrologer after I read an astrology advertisement in a newspaper.

When I received the documentation, I was requested to provide my date, and time, and place of birth... And some time later I received a letter with my personal astrological theme, which contained several pages. I read and reread thoroughly my theme for a while, and I discovered it contained predictions about my future and my private life, and it was clearly written that I would have an accident and many more terrible things would happen to me. This caused disorders for many years.

These predictions disturbed me a lot and I confess to having lived only according to these evil predictions. For a very long time, I suffered terrible anguish; and it’s only after making my first pilgrimage to Medjugorje that I was liberated by the Virgin Mary’s power.

About 10 years later, I met a lady whom I befriended later.

This person practiced karmic astrology and one day she proposed to create my karmic theme.

So since I use the word “karmic,” I deem necessary to give an explanation of the term “karma.”

“Karma: (from the Sanskrit root Kri = action, deed) a key notion in Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism, but one whose meaning has not always been the same. In the ancient Vedic period it referred to the ritual action, especially sacrifice, by means of which a person gained access to the happiness or blessedness of the afterlife. When Jainism and Buddhism appeared (about six centuries before Christ), Karma lost its salvific meaning: the way to liberation was knowledge of the Atman or ‘self.’ In the doctrine of samsara, it was understood as the incessant cycle of human birth and death (Hinduism) or of rebirth (Buddhism) [Cf. C. Maccari, La ‘New Age’ di fronte alla fede cristiana, Leumann-Torino (LDC) 1994, 168]. In New Age contexts, the ‘law of karma’ is often seen as the moral equivalent of cosmic evolution. It is no longer to do with evil or suffering – illusions to be experienced as part of a ‘cosmic game’ – but is the universal law of cause and effect, part of the tendency of the interconnected universe towards moral balance [Cf. W.J. Hanegraaff, op. cit., 283-290].” – Source: Vatican document, “Jesus Christ, the Bearer of the Water of Life: A Christian reflection on the ‘New Age,’” section 7.2

Dear readers, I now come back to this stage of my life when I consulted this friend who proposed to create my karmic theme.

She therefore created my theme based on my so-called previous lives. As I now mention “previous lives,” I also have to give you an explanation of reincarnation.

“[…] in a New Age context, reincarnation is linked to the concept of ascendant evolution towards

becoming divine. As opposed to Indian religions or those derived from them, New Age views

reincarnation as progression of the individual soul towards a more perfect state. What is reincarnated is essentially something immaterial or spiritual; more precisely, it is consciousness, that spark of energy in the person that shares in cosmic or ‘christic’ energy. Death is nothing but the passage of the soul from one body to another.” Source: Vatican document, “Jesus Christ, the Bearer of the Water of Life: A Christian reflection on the ‘New Age,’” section 7.2

Once the astrologer-friend had developed the theme, she gave it to me and I discovered I had number 14 as a result of totals based on my date of birth which indicated – according to her knowledge – a very heavy karmic debt arisen from my previous life.

At this point in time, I firmly believed in past lives, especially as I was not yet enlightened by the Holy Spirit, and the devil showed me in spirit past lives’ flashbacks.

After this friend gave me a very thorough explanation about this theme, I realized at this stage of my inner development, I had contracted a heavy karmic debt on the family. This made me completely unsettled and I was disturbed and confused for a very long time.

The devil had me in his grip me through fear, anguish and a heavy weight of guilt.

To be liberated from all this, I had many Masses celebrated for my soul, and I had to pray many Rosaries to find peace and serenity; I also received peace through the sacrament of confession, and also after a priest prayed for me to free myself from any soul tie or spiritual bondage because I had sold my soul to the devil – not being fully conscious of what I was doing – while following astrology which is a total abomination to God.

In Deuteronomy it is written:

“There shall not be found among you any one who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, any one who practices divination, a soothsayer, or an augur, or a sorcerer, or a charmer, or a medium, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD; and because of these abominable practices the LORD your God is driving them out before you. You shall be blameless before the LORD your God. For these nations, which you are about to dispossess, give heed to soothsayers and to diviners; but as for you, the LORD your God has not allowed you so to do” (Chapter 18:10-14).

When I was subscribing to these evil techniques, I was totally dependent on evil spirits, who completely alienated my inner freedom because I was caught in their nets, as is any astrologer, who has also made a pact with the devil.

Satan, whose number of his name is 666, is very cunning and always gives power and money to those who allow themselves to be possessed by his evil spirit.

God alone set me free and liberated me from the power of the enemy.

Only God knows our future. He has a loving plan for all of us. For God to accomplish His work of salvation in us, we need to let the Holy Spirit have His way in us and work in us.

Acts of the free will cannot be known by the demon. He can only suggest to the astrologer certain details of our behavior and at this point the astrologer is a medium.

The difference between a psychic and a mystic is great. A medium is always in direct relation with the powers of hell, and a mystic is always in direct relationship with God.

Many saints have told us about astrology:

St. Thomas Aquinas says: “Accordingly if anyone take observation of the stars in order to foreknow casual or fortuitous future events, or to know with certitude future human actions, his conduct is based on a false and vain opinion; and so the operation of the demon introduces itself therein, wherefore it will be a superstitious and unlawful divination” (Summa Theologica, Volume 3 [Part II, Second Section], Question 95, Article 5).

And earlier in this section he recalls St. Augustine who “[…] says (Gen. ad lit. ii, 17): ‘When astrologers tell the truth, it must be allowed that this is due to an instinct that, unknown to man, lies hidden in his mind. And since this happens through the action of unclean and lying spirits who desire to deceive man for they are permitted to know certain things about temporal affairs.’ Wherefore he concludes: ‘Thus a good Christian should beware of astrologers, and of all impious diviners, especially of those who tell the truth, lest his soul become the dupe of the demons and by making a compact of partnership with them enmesh itself in their fellowship’” [Ibid.]

One day, I decided to know the position of the Church on all matters relating to divination.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church tells us that:

2115 God can reveal the future to his prophets or to other saints. Still, a sound Christian attitude consists in putting oneself confidently into the hands of Providence for whatever concerns the future, and giving up all unhealthy curiosity about it. Improvidence, however, can constitute a lack of responsibility.

2116 All forms of divination are to be rejected: recourse to Satan or demons, conjuring up the dead or other practices falsely supposed to “unveil” the future (Cf. Deuteronomy 18:10; Jeremiah 29:8). Consulting horoscopes, astrology, palm reading, interpretation of omens and lots, the phenomena of clairvoyance, and recourse to mediums all conceal a desire for power

over time, history, and, in the last analysis, other human beings, as well as a wish to conciliate hidden powers. They contradict the honor, respect, and loving fear that we owe to God alone.

2117 All practices of magic or sorcery, by which one attempts to tame occult powers, so as to place them at one’s service and have a supernatural power over others – even if this were for the sake of restoring their health - are gravely contrary to the virtue of religion. These practices are even more to be condemned when accompanied by the intention of harming someone, or when they have recourse to the intervention of demons. […]

Besides the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Monsignor Tournyol Du Clos, in his book entitled Can You be Released from Evil Spirits? (Published by Editions Archistratège), wrote:

“If you’ve been in contact with the occult, esotericism, spiritualism [spiritism], astrology, witchcraft, magic, hypnosis, reiki, yoga, transcendental meditation, new age and all kinds of sects or with Prana Therapists, or so-called healers, magnetizers who cure by laying on of hands, or magnetic passes, dowsing, pendulum; or, if you have visited clairvoyants such as magicians, soothsayers, marabouts or gurus, fortune-tellers who read the cards, palmists who read the lines of the hand or necromancers who consult the spirits of the dead: know that you were in contact with individuals who work with the devil and you have given Satan a certain power over you. If you yourselves have sought to know the future, even for fun in tarot cards or horoscopes, if you wore good luck charms such as talismans, amulets, zodiac signs, and if you did – directly or through somebody – occult preparations, if you have spoken or repeated formulas or secret words like mantras for example, at last if you spent time in places poisoned by witchcraft, vice or depravity; all the more so if you yourself made a pact with Satan, make magic, called on the dead, casted spells or curses, uttered blasphemy, you first need to try to realize that you have deeply offended our Father in Heaven.”

Monsignor Tournyol Du Clos invites us to a thorough confession and ask God to forgive these diversions and sins which God sees as an abomination – even if these events happened a long time ago, and even if at that time we were not aware of offending Him.

We should absolutely be aware that by consulting astrologers, we break God’s commandment: “You shall not bear false witness,” and therefore lose our state of grace.

In Revelation, St. John says, “And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband […] And he who sat upon the throne said, ‘Behold, I make all things new.’ […] And he said to me, […] ‘But […] all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death’” (Chapter 21:2-8).

Astrologers, with their lies, prevent the loving plan of God to be realized. They will, of course, be accountable to the Most High, on the Day of Judgment when they stand before Him for their souls to be judged. That is the reason why God calls all to repentance, confession and Holy Scripture reading and put them into practice in the one life they have to live on earth.

If I would still be in contact with my former astrologer-friend and had the opportunity to talk to her, I would simply say: think of the years of despair I spent because of all your predictions. Of course I forgive you because Lord Jesus called me to testify of His mercy, but I invite you not to

draw other people to this path of anguish and lies, because some may even go as far as committing suicide, and how many more would fall into despair after reading such evil

soothsaying?

I would also tell her that Merciful Jesus loves her extravagantly and has only been waiting for her yes to save her.

When the Lord Jesus came to wake me up from my lethargy, I realized that when I stand before Him, I will need to have my hands filled with acts of charity, mercy and prayer for my neighbor.

At that point in time, the Lord will not ask me how many astrological themes I had made for me, but, on the contrary, if I loved my neighbor without expecting any earthly reward in return but heavenly.

Everything which deals the future and is to be paid for with money always comes from the devil, because when God gives a charism it is always completely free.

When Lord Jesus in His great love came for me, He asked me, “Do you want to get out of it?” After answering yes, He started to heal me, and He asked me to testify to His mercy.

Before I started testifying to the infinite mercy of God Who took away my sin, I was asked to be humble and submit myself to the ordinances of the Catholic Church.

On my soul’s judgment day, how could I stand before the light of God if I would not be fully aware of my sin?

Personally, if I would not have repented, who could tell me that at the hour of my death, I could bear the fact that one day I had gone astray and departed from Him? My lie would prevent me from seeing God face-to-face.

So I allowed God to liberate me, cleanse me and sanctify me so as to learn how to truly love and burn with love for His Divine Heart. We need to understand what love is while on earth. Love means to take up your cross every single day, to pray to God, and to follow Him.

Jesus, Who loves us all extravagantly, will always propose to us to come back to Him wholeheartedly. In fact, Jesus in His infinite love and tenderness is constantly looking for more souls to surrender their lives to Him so that He can share with them His life and His light.

If you respond positively to His call for love, He will share with you His sacrifice of Love and His sorrowful passion through which we are saved – providing that we also make efforts to be saved and pray a lot because without sacrifice and without prayers, we will not be saved. Saints told us about this.

When I started to confess my sins to a priest, in private, I allowed God to cleanse me with His Precious Blood and lead me on the road to paradise.

Who does not want to end up in heaven one day with all his deceased ones, where there all is love, peace and joy, praise, and thanksgiving?

Do not forget that our guardian angels watch over us every day; we can live in union with him rather than submit to evil spirits in astrology.

Personally, I decided to come back to Jesus of Love with all my heart to join Him and His Blessed Mother one day in heaven.

In conclusion, I would simply say that the greater a sinner I was, the more I received God’s mercy because I left everything behind to follow the Lord Jesus in the Roman Catholic Church.

Now I accept with all my heart all the crosses which are given to me to carry together with Sweet Jesus and offer them with love to the Heavenly Father.

When I left everything and offered my life to Him, Sweet Jesus said, “I call you to holiness, I call you to love Me.”

Above all, never forget that those who trust in the mercy of God will not perish. God is love and mercy as soon as we come back to Him.

Dear readers, the Lord Jesus saved me through His Church, in which I often meet a priest to make a good confession.

Remember the words of Saint Thérèseof the Child Jesus: “(…) even though I had on my conscience all the sins that can be committed, I would go, my heart broken with sorrow, and throw myself into Jesus’ arms, for I know how much He loves the prodigal child who returns to Him. No, there is no one who could frighten me, for I know too well what to believe concerning His Mercy and His Love. I know that this whole multitude of sins would be lost in the twinkling of an eye like a drop of water cast into a burning furnace” (Cf. Story of a Soul: The

Autobiography of St. Thérèse of Lisieux, Chapter 11).

Praise be to Jesus Christ and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

Fabienne GUERRERO
http://newagedangers.wordpress.com/

I'm so so pleased that you have escaped the dreadful past of all the stuff you've described. I can relate a bit because i got involved with certain things not knowing how dangerous they were and even entered into a witchcraft ritual unknowingly when i was young. I was led to a place through an acquaintence/friend without knowing what was going to happen.
However, as i am a christian and not from a catholic church, i pray to God in the Name of Jesus. I don't include Mary or the saints in any of my prayers. I don't doubt for a second that the catholic church hasn't helped you and i am glad you have come to Jesus and that you are being set free from the past. May the Lord bless you and continue to help you.

I''m sorry but i'm unable to read any more of your experiences. They are extremely long for me and although no doubt interesting it would take too much time.

I''m sorry but i'm unable to read any more of your experiences. They are extremely long for me and although no doubt interesting it would take too much time.

Got to the part about Mass helping with devils or something. I know in the movies, Catholic priest have been getting their backside handed to them for years from the devil. Movies are true, right?

Also folks ought to leave Mary alone. I mean she is with God and resting. As if she has any ability to field a million hail Mary's a day, this would be to exalt her to Creator status.

There is one mediator between God and men and his name is not Mary.

Back