Audible Voice's.

poor assumption ..
those whom God does speak to feel unworthy but KNOW they are given this to serve ..
have you never read the parable of the talents ???
those that invest it (use it to serve) are given even more ..,

the HS gives the gift of prophecy and teaching ..
please explain how either is accomplished otherwise ..

It was not an assumption. It is an observation my brother. I have been there and done that and seen it done over and over.

I could see how a "booming voice" wouldn't sound good either. The girl was only 7 at the time though, so I'm wondering exactly why God would allow the devil to do something like this to a little girl who believes in him and does not have knowledge on how the devil operates on people? The only reason why the girl "doesn't know" if it was God is because at the time she was 7 she didn't know how to hear from the HS and because she never heard someone tell her that God spoke to them this way. She said that she fell away from God when she was 13 and got involved in some things that put her into a program at 15. When she got out she decided to go to church, the first night she attend the youth group the pastor was actually talking about when God spoke to people in the bible and about when God spoke to Samuel and had called his name. She then remembered what happened to her when she was younger and asked the youth pastor about it at the end of the service. He couldn't give her an answer though on what exactly it was that she heard. So, with all of this information, I'm guessing it was just somehow all in her head? God doesn't cause confusion, so if it was truly him who spoke to her in an audible voice he would have not just said her name? Possibly, it was the devil for whatever reason?

Liz, I am well aware of the teaching on this type of thing. We want to believe, heck I want to believe it, but wanting something does not make it real or able to happen. Many people over the years have claimed to have heard God, many even claim to have seen Jesus.

Some professing Christians claim to have heard an audible Word of God but others say that they never have. I do not now, but I used to travel a lot and in the course of traveling and speaking at different churches I have seen just about anything you can describe. So, what I am saying to you is not something I am proclaiming to be pie in the sky or offering you lessons to help you. It is simply the truth and I have observed it.

In most every case this claim of having heard God's audible voice is made in order to draw attention to them selves in some way. That is not an opinion but a factual statement. YES. I am aware that some will disagree with me and that is OK. I still love and respect all who disagree. In the cases I am referring to, that claim has been followed-up with the request, and a demand for money. The money, somehow, according to those who supposedly "hear" God's audible voice, will release His blessing -- usually guaranteeing a financial or material blessing upon the one who contributes money to the one to whom God supposedly spoke to, audibly. Wolves in sheep's clothing are prevalent everywhere in the world today. We are living in a world of deception today where the devil is the price of the power of the air.

Liz......please use your Bible and your brain that gave you. God's Word has something to tell us about this phony "experiential Christianity":

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world" (1 John 4:1).

The Bible warns:
"And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not" (2 Peter 2:3).

I am not here to argue with anyone. If you disagree, fine and dandy. But I have learned a long time ago that anything worth believing is and should be up to scrutiny. That way the truth will always be found and TRUTH = REALITY!

I could see how a "booming voice" wouldn't sound good either. The girl was only 7 at the time though, so I'm wondering exactly why God would allow the devil to do something like this to a little girl who believes in him and does not have knowledge on how the devil operates on people? The only reason why the girl "doesn't know" if it was God is because at the time she was 7 she didn't know how to hear from the HS and because she never heard someone tell her that God spoke to them this way. She said that she fell away from God when she was 13 and got involved in some things that put her into a program at 15. When she got out she decided to go to church, the first night she attend the youth group the pastor was actually talking about when God spoke to people in the bible and about when God spoke to Samuel and had called his name. She then remembered what happened to her when she was younger and asked the youth pastor about it at the end of the service. He couldn't give her an answer though on what exactly it was that she heard. So, with all of this information, I'm guessing it was just somehow all in her head? God doesn't cause confusion, so if it was truly him who spoke to her in an audible voice he would have not just said her name? Possibly, it was the devil for whatever reason?

God allows all sorts of things .. "we are in the world" ..
but God also uses such things to "train us" .. I am one such as this ..
because of the demonic influences I was subjected to when young, I had " real time" experiences to help others from .. plus adding others experiences whom I have helped ..
so God even before we become born-again begins to prepare us for His service ..
personally, those were very scary times because my faith was not an iota of what it is today, but now I feel blessed by it, because it now is a tool I use to work His vineyard ..
God has a marvelous way of taking all, and using it for His glory ..

my guess is the pastor did not know anyone whom does have the gift of prophecy or teaching and why he limited God speaking to His, to only biblical times ..

indeed .. God is not a God of confusion, but precision ..

God does sometimes call your name, but as I said, He is gentle and speaks with conviction .. someone asked me the same question when their name was called ..
I told her "next time answer" ..

Rom 8:28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Gen 22:11 But the angel of the LORD called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.”

Exd 3:4 When the LORD saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.”

Exd 31:1 Now the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
Exd 31:2 “See, I have called by name Bezalel, the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah.
Exd 31:3 “I have filled him with the Spirit of God in wisdom, in understanding, in knowledge, and in all kinds of craftsmanship,

Num 12:5 Then the LORD came down in a pillar of cloud and stood at the doorway of the tent, and He called Aaron and Miriam. When they had both come forward,

1Sa 3:4 that the LORD called Samuel; and he said, “Here I am.
1Sa 3:5 Then he ran to Eli and said, “Here I am, for you called me.” But he said, “I did not call, lie down again.” So he went and lay down.
1Sa 3:6 The LORD called yet again, “Samuel!” So Samuel arose and went to Eli and said, “Here I am, for you called me.” But he answered, “I did not call, my son, lie down again.”
1Sa 3:8 So the LORD called Samuel again for the third time. And he arose and went to Eli and said, “Here I am, for you called me.” Then Eli discerned that the LORD was calling the boy.

Isa 45:4 “For the sake of Jacob My servant, And Israel My chosen one, I have also called you by your name; I have given you a title of honor Though you have not known Me.

Act 9:4 and he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”
Act 9:5 And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” And He said, “I am Jesus whom you are persecuting,

It was not an assumption. It is an observation my brother. I have been there and done that and seen it done over and over.

no .. it is bearing false witness because of coveting ..
when you should be grateful God distributes in your presence for your good .

those who "invent it" do so for ego sake ..
those who are given gifts of the HS are servants ..

1Cr 12:4 Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1Cr 12:5 And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord.
1Cr 12:6 There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons.
1Cr 12:7 But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.
1Cr 12:8 For ;to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit
1Cr 12:9 to another faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit,
1Cr 12:10 and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues.
1Cr 12:11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills.

1Cr 12:28 And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues.
1Cr 12:29 All are not apostles, are they? All are not prophets, are they? All are not teachers, are they? All are not workers of miracles, are they?
1Cr 12:30 All do not have gifts of healings, do they? All do not speak with tongues, do they? All do not interpret, do they?
1Cr 12:31 But earnestly desire the greater gifts. And I show you a still more excellent way.

no .. it is bearing false witness because of coveting ..
when you should be grateful God distributes in your presence for your good .

those who "invent it" do so for ego sake ..
those who are given gifts of the HS are servants ..

OK, call it what ever you would like to call it. It still stands as truth and still happens all of the time.

YES, I am glad we agree when you say...."those who "invent it" do so for ego sake". That is pretty much what I said.
Yes, I agree again with you when you said......"those who are given gifts of the HS are servants".

1Cr 12:4 Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1Cr 12:5 And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord.
1Cr 12:6 There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons.
1Cr 12:7 But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.
1Cr 12:8 For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit;
1Cr 12:9 to another faith fnby the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit,
1Cr 12:10 and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues.
1Cr 12:11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills.

1Cr 12:28 And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues.
1Cr 12:29 All are not apostles, are they? All are not prophets, are they? All are not teachers, are they? All are not workers of miracles, are they?
1Cr 12:30 All do not have gifts of healings, do they? All do not speak with tongues, do they? All do not interpret, do they?
1Cr 12:31 But earnestly desire the greater gifts. And I show you a still more excellent way.

All of that is absolutely true......but which verse speaks to the focus of this thread that God speaks to us audibly?
Just asking for clarification as we agree with all the verses you posted my friend.

Are you saying that I have not seen this take place by observation.?????
Why would you say that?

I am saying you discredit the gifts of the HS today, because some invent it ..
did I not already speak of these before you posted ???

Liz, I am well aware of the teaching on this type of thing. We want to believe, heck I want to believe it,

"want to believe" means you do not ..
so you disbelieve scripture ..

I am saying you discredit the gifts of the HS today, because some invent it ..
did I not already speak of these before you posted ???

Liz, I am well aware of the teaching on this type of thing. We want to believe, heck I want to believe it,

You are completely in error. I have not in any way discredited the Holy Spirit by not agreeing with you.

Want to believe in the things we are discussing not wanting to believe in the Holy Spirit or the Scriptures!!!!

You have just purposely distorted what was said and quite frankly it disturbs me that a believer would go to such lengths.

This I think is an excellent time to say goodbye to you before something is said that can not be retracted. I do hope you stay well and that the Lord will bless you.

You are completely in error. I have not in any way discredited the Holy Spirit by not agreeing with you.

Want to believe in the things we are discussing not wanting to believe in the Holy Spirit or the Scriptures!!!!

You have just purposely distorted what was said and quite frankly it disturbs me that a believer would go to such lengths.

This I think is an excellent time to say goodbye to you before something is said that can not be retracted. I do hope you stay well and that the Lord will bless you.

your ego is hanging out .. tuck it in ..
you say you travel around teaching .. yet you teach lies by not knowing scripture ..
you said Rahab the harlot of Jericho was in Jesus lineage ..
perhaps you should ask the HS to teach you ..

Honestly, ixoye_8, I just don't know what to believe about it. That little 7 year old girl was in fact not my friend but me. I really didn't want to have to share that but I feel like I need to, so you can have a better understanding. I'm really sorry and I hope I didn't upset anyone by not being completely honest. I'm not going to make an excuse for what I did but I just really didn't want to share that it was me.

I told God last night when I prayed that if it WAS him that's wonderful, but I do not understand why he would call my name. If it was not him to please not allow satan to come at me like that again and if it is your will for satan to come at me in that manner please help me to have my "armor" on and know what I should do and lastly if it is neither, I have not been deeply effected by it and I'm sorry for taking your time to speak with you about something that is not significant.

My mom did not believe me that morning, but when I got older after I talked to the pastor that night I brought it up to her and that is when she shared her story with me about the voice in the back seat that told her "Don't go".

The funny thing is, is that it's actually REALLY hard for me to believe her that this happened to her. Sometimes I really don't believe her at all about it. It's not at all because I think she's a liar, it's just something I think is hard for anyone to believe including me who DID hear something myself once before. I really have never told anyone about that morning so this is definitely not easy for me at all to be putting it out there for a lot of people to read.

Question: Why would anyone need to be taught to listen to God?????
If He does or He does not, so how is teaching going to help that?

Teaching Faith and Hearing God "Being Led by the Spirit of God as Children of God" Is the most important subjects we can teach a person.

The Word conscience is found 29 times in the KJV. When we are born again, new spirit our Conscience is precious. The heart of man (Not the blood pumping organ) is to be guarded and protected, our life and the plan of God depends on it.
Our conscience is the voice of God and protects us from sin and doing things that could even get us killed.

Our Conscience is not a list of rules or do's and don'ts. It's in us by God and what I allow may not be for someone else to allow as it would lead them down a wrong path, and same for me. There are some things I just won't watch because it has caused fear thoughts, and they are clean things to watch for say someone else.

Seem:
1Ch 13:2
And David said unto all the congregation of Israel, If it seem good unto you, and that it be of the LORD our God, let us send abroad unto our brethren every where, that are left in all the land of Israel, and with them also to the priests and Levites which are in their cities and suburbs, that they may gather themselves unto us:

If it seems good, just seems right, you have peace. God leads us with the peace in our heart, people need to know that even though naturally they would hate doing something the Lord put in their heart, they can tell if the peace is there and separate their likes from what the Lord is instructing.

The Lord may not have a nice beach for me to build a church on and preach the rest of my days off my million dollar boat. I need to hear if I have to be up to my waist in rice patties and poisonous snakes which might seem right and I would have peace about where the nice boat would be much better but I would get this abrasiveness in my heart, it just would not seem as right as the snakes and rice patties.

You find the Lord is not often concerned about our comfort or lack of money when told to do something. We need to know how to discern this.

Act 15:28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

Believers need to understand this and be able to respond to the Holy Spirit.
Your last few post make me concerned for you Major.

I told God last night when I prayed that if it WAS him that's wonderful, but I do not understand why he would call my name. If it was not him to please not allow satan to come at me like that again and if it is your will for satan to come at me in that manner please help me to have my "armor" on and know what I should do and lastly if it is neither, I have not been deeply effected by it and I'm sorry for taking your time to speak with you about something that is not significant.

Jesus came to destroy the Works of the devil which is killing, stealing and destroying. It could never be God's will that Satan come after you because He would have to dishonor the Work of His son, our King, the Lord of Lords. Satan is just a butt head and will do his dead best to find a place to get you anyway.
You are to put on the full armor of God, Don't wait on God to do that for you or your going to be going around unprotected. If you think you heard God but don't get it, then discount it. As I said, some things are our heads, background noise, even devils, or just ear tricks that could be explained.

Keep this scripture in mind.
These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.
(Joh 16:25)

Is what you heard plain? Clear and easy to follow and understand?

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
(Jas 3:17)

What you heard full of peace? Easy to be intreated (Received and understood) full of Mercy.............

anything that made you fearful, not understand, full of questioning is not God.

Blessings.

Question: Why would anyone need to be taught to listen to God?????

There's many people who aren't good listeners? Some don't know what the HS sounds like? Some don't know HOW to hear from the HS because they have never HEARD the HS?.

Honestly, ixoye_8, I just don't know what to believe about it. That little 7 year old girl was in fact not my friend but me. I really didn't want to have to share that but I feel like I need to, so you can have a better understanding. I'm really sorry and I hope I didn't upset anyone by not being completely honest. I'm not going to make an excuse for what I did but I just really didn't want to share that it was me.

My mom did not believe me that morning, but when I got older after I talked to the pastor that night I brought it up to her and that is when she shared her story with me about the voice in the back seat that told her "Don't go".

The funny thing is, is that it's actually REALLY hard for me to believe her that this happened to her. Sometimes I really don't believe her at all about it. It's not at all because I think she's a liar, it's just something I think is hard for anyone to believe including me who DID hear something myself once before. I really have never told anyone about that morning so this is definitely not easy for me at all to be putting it out there for a lot of people to read.

Liz .. people will always think God's people are crazy ..
I don't go around telling people about all the things I have seen unless it can help someone .. and WHY I believe God allowed it to happen .. it matters little to me what those people think anyway ..
I have believed in God since I was a small child ..
my whole family (except my dad) was involved in demonic activity ..
even our family dog was terrorized by them ..
so I am very aware of what they can do and means they use ..
I have seen and heard them ..
so when the HS did fall upon me many years later, and a bit after that He began speaking to me, it was and still is extremely exciting to me ..
I can say without reservation, that if ANYTHING could break my heart, it would be to lose that gift .. I relate very strongly to Psa 51:11

Last edited:
There's many people who aren't good listeners? Some don't know what the HS sounds like? Some don't know HOW to hear from the HS because they have never HEARD the HS?.

your questions were valid ..
I agree .. many people are not good listeners ..
the HS speaks to EVERY believer's heart who loves God ..
some do hear Him speaking to their heart .. some do not ..

no one can say what the HS sounds like until He actually speaks to you in the way Paul described ..

even when you are spoken to either by heart, or by heart & head, you still need to train your spirit .. this is the meaning of "being in the spirit" .. it is a state of "pouring out your heart to Him" .. and when you do this, He will speak to you in one way or another ..

God Bless you ..

Liz .. people will always think God's people are crazy ..
I don't go around telling people about all the things I have seen unless it can help someone .. and WHY I believe God allowed it to happen .. it matters little to me what those people think anyway ..
I have believed in God since I was a small child ..
my whole family (except my dad) was involved in demonic activity ..
even our family dog was terrorized by them ..
so I am very aware of what they can do and means they use ..
I have seen and heard them ..
so when the HS did fall upon me many years later, and a bit after that He began speaking to me, it was and still is extremely exciting to me ..
I can say without reservation, that if ANYTHING could break my heart, it would be to lose that gift .. I relate very strongly to Psa 51:11

I don't tell everything either. I still have a cut on my nose from a devil, and just some things you only tell those full of the Word and have been around and followed after others who through faith and patience have experienced the same things.

If I lost my ability to hear God? I would not even go outside, it's just not safe out there. That is why we stay full of the anointing, avoid strife and get filled up fresh everyday. I find less time with God means more time trying to figure things out. Spending time with God saves a bunch of time and Free's you up to do other things.

blessings.

I don't tell everything either. I still have a cut on my nose from a devil, and just some things you only tell those full of the Word and have been around and followed after others who through faith and patience have experienced the same things.

If I lost my ability to hear God? I would not even go outside, it's just not safe out there. That is why we stay full of the anointing, avoid strife and get filled up fresh everyday. I find less time with God means more time trying to figure things out. Spending time with God saves a bunch of time and Free's you up to do other things.

blessings.

you are blessed Michael ..
indeed, the more you speak out, the greater the threat to the evil one you become ..
the spirit of "anti-Christ" (and "anti-His followers") is great and increasing ..
it can seep in on anyone .. so I know the HS led you to remind us to wear His armor ..

God Bless you ..

Back