Babylon....the flattering tongue...falls and burns with wrath...

Like Diotrephes, those who love to be first (have the preeminence) among their churches will not receive the brothers who will be sent to them to preach the Word of God in truth and sincerity.

3 John 1:9-11 KJV
(9) I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.

They will use their breath and tongues to speak evil words….prating against them with malicious words….and will exercise their authority over their congregations as they will say that they are doing these “wonderful works” in the authority of God. They will say, “did we not cast out devils in your NAME….authority?”. Yet, we will be the “devils” that they will be casting out of their churches. The time will come that any who will “kill” you with their tongues speaking evil words and false accusations will think that they are doing God “service” for doing these things.

(10) Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.

Let us then not worship the beast….men who are in “honor” but have NO UNDERSTANDING. Let us not follow after their pernicious ways but instead do good. He that does good is of God and he that does evil has not seen God.

(11) Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

Their flattering tongue shall disappear. “Babylon” ….the flattering tongue….will fall and become the habitation of devils and the hold of every foul spirit (breath) and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird (speaking hateful words….prating maliciously with evil words). Where once they spoke kindly with flattering words, they will show eventually who they really are as the façade shall fall and they will speak all kinds of evil against us and teach others to follow after their pernicious ways (the doctrine of devils).

Revelation 18:1-8 KJV
(1) And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
(2) And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

Men have employed their flattering tongues to get rich. They have seduced many into their companies so that they may obtain money and glory. They commit fornication with their tongues which speaking falsehoods for money and lead many astray.

(3) For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

We are to come out from among them so that we are not partaker of their sins….their evil speaking …and receive of their coming plagues for doing so. If we stay, then we either may join along with them or end up fighting against them with our own mouths and share in their sins.

(4) And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
(5) For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities

Instead, we are to reward “her” by coming out of her and not looking back to speak evil of those who will vilify us for doing so. We are to keep the dying of our Lord Jesus in our bodies by not rendering evil for their evil. This will “torment” them.

(6) Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

They once loved to have preeminence over us…..

(7) How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

…..but now when we leave, their tongues will speak evil of us and bring them torment. The flattering tongues fall and burn with wrath speak all kinds of evil which will destroy them.

(8) Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

The same day that Lot WENT OUT of Sodom, it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroy them all. Likewise, when we leave their churches, they will speak all kinds of evil which will bring judgment upon them….tribulation and anguish upon all who will do evil.

Luke 17:28-32 KJV
(28) Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
(29) But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
(30) Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

Let us not look back and speak evil for their evil. Neither let us take any of their religious teachings, thoughts and ways with us. Remember Lot’s wife who looked back.

(31) In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.
(32) Remember Lot's wife.

It will rain fire and “brimstone”…which comes from the word for “divine”. It will be a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God. It is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to those who will trouble us with their evil speaking.

2 Thessalonians 1:4-9 KJV
(4) So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:
(5) Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:
(6) Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;

Those who are troubled by their persecutions are to rest with the saints. We enter into His rest while the wicked shall have no rest. Like the churning sea that churns up mire, those who will not obey the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ shall have NO REST.

(7) And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
(8) In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

They shall be punished from the presence of the Lord.

(9) Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

They shall be tormented with fire (the tongue is a fire) and brimstone….the righteous judgment of God….in the presence of the holy angels…..the words of all the biblical saints as interpreted by Christ. They will speak evil at the hearing of the Word of God spoken in truth and sincerity. They will resist the Spirit when they will hear what the Spirit is saying. They will be tormented also in the presence of the Lamb ….by those who will keep His sacrifice by not returning evil for their evil.

Revelation 14:9-13 KJV
(9) And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
(10) The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
(11) And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

They will be tormented with the patience of the saints who will keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

(12) Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Blessed are the dead to sin which die in the Lord (keeping the sacrifice of the Lamb) from henceforth. They shall have REST. But the wicked shall not have peace in the presence of the Lamb....in the presence of those who will keep the dying of our Lord in their persecutions.

(13) And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

The wicked do not have “sleep”….rest…until they have provoked the righteous to return evil for their evil….causing some to fall.

Proverbs 4:10-19 KJV
(10) Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years of thy life shall be many.
(11) I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.
(12) When thou goest, thy steps shall not be straitened; and when thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble.
(13) Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.
(14) Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men.
(15) Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.
(16) For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall.
(17) For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of violence.
(18) But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

The wicked shall not understand....

(19) The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.

They will be tormented by the holy angels….the words of the biblical saints as interpreted by Christ. They will not agree with what they hear the Spirit saying and will speak evil. Yet, those who humble themselves shall be “carried “ by their words into peace and inherit the promises of Abraham.

Luke 16:22-26 KJV
(22) And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
(23) And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

They will be tormented in the presence of the Lamb as “Lazarus” did not return evil for the evil of the rich man who was tormented by his tongue on fire. The wicked shall not have rest if they do not cause us to fall . Let us keep the Lamb’s sacrifice and not return evil for their evil….giving them torment.

(24) And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
(25) But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
(26) And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence

The wicked do not have “sleep”….rest…until they have provoked the righteous to return evil for their evil….causing some to fall.
Much to consider in this post, and I will be taking the time to
do so. Especially taking the above quote to heart...

The Lord comes to open up the Scriptures to our understanding so that we may know Him who is true and be delivered from those who are preventing His life from appearing in our mortal flesh. MANY false prophets have led MANY astray from His Holy Commandment (to have love for one another) and into their denominations…divisions of envy, strife and hatred of one another. They set aside the commandment of God in order to keep the doctrines and commandments of carnal men. They have come to take away the “daily” sacrifice out of our lives (the keeping of the dying of our Lord Jesus) in order that we might live according to their lusts.

The time is coming (as our Lord has told us ahead of time) for the persecutions that shall arise for hearing and believing in the Word of God as spoken in the Spirit. These persecutions shall come from those whom we once kept company with in the churches of men. They will not want to hear what the Spirit is saying for it will not conform to their doctrines and commandments of men.

They will put us out of their “synagogues”…that is, “gatherings”. The time is coming that whosoever shall “kill” you with the “sword” of their tongue (with evil speaking and false accusations) will think that they are doing God “service” for doing so as they seek to protect the denominations of men.

John 16:1-4 KJV
(1) These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
(2) They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
(3) And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

Jesus has told us these things so that when the time shall come, we shall remember that He told us of them.

(4) But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.

We find this very statement again when describing the “man of sin” who shall be revealed: Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? Compare John 16:4 with 2 Thessalonians 2:5.

The man of sin shall be revealed in every church gathering…..for he (they) love to have the preeminence among their gatherings and will exalt themselves against what they hear … the Word (the Word was God). Like Diotrephes, they will exercise their authority over their congregations and will not receive the brothers who will come to preach the Word of Truth to their ears.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-17 KJV
(3) Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

They will oppose and exalt themselves (in unity as ONE man) against the Word (the Word is called God). They will sit as God in the temple of God showing themselves as God. They will cast out any who will believe out of their gatherings and all the while think they are doing these “wonderful works” in the name of God…that is, in His authority. They will think that they are doing God “service” for “killing” others….being judges for God.

(4) Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
(5) Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
(6) And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

They will cast us out of their gatherings....being taken out of the way.

(7) For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

and they will speak evil of us....revealing themselves.

(8) And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
(9) Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
(10) And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in
them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

They will do these things believing that they are doing God service for doing their supposed “wonderful works”.

(11) And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
(12) That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

But those who are beloved of the Lord shall hear and believe in the Word of Truth.

(13) But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

We are CALLED by the good news as preached by the apostles and prophets to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ whose life shall appear in our mortal flesh in this earth so that we may appear with Him in glory to this dark world.

(14) Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(15) Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
(16) Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
(17) Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

They will take us out of the way….as they will separate us from their churches. They will reproach us and cast out our names as evil for the Son of man’s sake. But we are to rejoice and leap for joy for behold, our reward is great in heaven. Jesus is at the right hand of God is alive NOW and so we are to have His life NOW in this earth as He is alive.

Luke 6:21-23 KJV
(21) Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
(22) Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
(23) Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

But let us suffer their coming persecutions with goodness…keeping the sacrifice of the Lamb….and die to sin so as not to return evil for their evil. When the man of sin is revealed (for they will speak evil of us), let us remember the “mark of Cain” and not “kill” them by returning evil speaking for their evil.

Genesis 4:14-15 KJV
(14) Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
(15) And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

Their evil behavior will be the evident token of their destruction but to us of salvation which is of God. We are to suffer for His sake and not “kill” those who will “kill” us with their evil tongues which will speak slander and false accusations against us.

Philippians 1:27-30 KJV
(27) Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;
(28) And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.
(29) For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;
(30) Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in
me.

They will speak evil of us….as “evil doers”. It is better for us if we do the will of God and suffer for well doing rather than for evil doing. We suffer with Christ who also had once suffered for sins….the just for the unjust.

1 Peter 3:14-18 KJV
(14) But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
(15) But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
(16) Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
(17) For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
(18) For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

We are to be faithful unto death…as Christ once died for sins. We are to die to sins as they persecute us in the fiery trial of our faith in Him who shall appear in our mortal flesh…..the appearing crown of life.

Revelation 2:8-11 KJV
(8) And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
(9) I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
(10) Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
(11) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

They will be as God....doing these evil things in His name...in His authority (as they believe in the lie). They will cast us out calling us "devils" and will vilify us all the while thinking that they are doing these "wonderful works" in His authority (as God in the temple of God).

Matthew 7:21-23 KJV
(21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
(22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
(23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Back