Banana Nut Bread
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light
- and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
- addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking
- powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold
- in 1 cup pecans.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, whisk the glaze ingredients; drizzle over loaves.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).