Bce ... Really

Well, I've been using C.E. and B.C.E. since the dark ages. I'm sorry. But A.D. and B.C. do not make sense to me. Please allow me to write why.

It has been a long, long time since I studied this, but from what I've read, Messiah was born @ 4 B.C.E. So why use A.D. and B.C.? (I'm sorry -- forgive me!) Too many people are confused now about our Messiah's birth not being on Dec. 25. I think we should be as accurate as we possibly can about our G-d, our L-rd. I don't believe we should surround Him with anything untrue when we know the truth. And when we don't know the truth, we should not have so much pride that we can't say, "I don't know." Then, we should research the best we can and find out what the truth is.

Our hymns should be nothing but absolute truth as best we know it. Our chorus and songs about Him should be pure truth. Our stories, even those for infants, should glow with truth -- including the illustrations. Our teachers should tell nothing but truth, not imagined "facts."

Well, I've been using C.E. and B.C.E. since the dark ages. I'm sorry. But A.D. and B.C. do not make sense to me. Please allow me to write why.

It has been a long, long time since I studied this, but from what I've read, Messiah was born @ 4 B.C.E. So why use A.D. and B.C.? (I'm sorry -- forgive me!) Too many people are confused now about our Messiah's birth not being on Dec. 25. I think we should be as accurate as we possibly can about our G-d, our L-rd. I don't believe we should surround Him with anything untrue when we know the truth. And when we don't know the truth, we should not have so much pride that we can't say, "I don't know." Then, we should research the best we can and find out what the truth is.

Our hymns should be nothing but absolute truth as best we know it. Our chorus and songs about Him should be pure truth. Our stories, even those for infants, should glow with truth -- including the illustrations. Our teachers should tell nothing but truth, not imagined "facts."
The year doesn't matter, the point we're trying to make is how the world is trying to secularize everything.

So let me lighten the dismal mood a little, if I can. I used to work in one of the very large offices of a huge company with many campuses. My receptionist's desk was in an opulent office that was bigger than most churches and far more ornate. (Not that this has anything to do with my story -- I was just thinking about it.) One day, a young engaged couple stopped by my office to chat. It was 1999/Dec/31, Friday afternoon. The man asked me something like, "So what do you think will happen this weekend -- the computers and all?"

I responded, laughing, "Well, I'm not worried. I mean, think about it! What a mess it must have been when the year went from 1 B.C.E. to Zero! No one got shook, that I've read about. The computers kept working, and we went from 1 B.C.E. to Zero to 1 C.E. and just kept going."

The poor man. He must have been one of the scientists for the company, because his mouth was open, his jaw was working, but there was no sound! And his eyes seemed to roll in his head! He stood there like that, staring at me in wonder for what felt like a full minute! Finally, his fiancee said, "She's kidding. It's a joke!"

He never got it. They walked away with her nearly supporting him, as he seemed to stagger and whisper to her in wonder! He-he-he-he-he!!!

1. It doesn't need to, God does it naturally.
2. Jesus did say all needed to believe on Him for salvation.
3. God likes when we honor Him.
4. They can, but Christ is what western civilization is centered on, so why not honor that?
Glad I could answer your questions.

And who is this Jesus to the non-believers that out number us?

The King does not need the honour from those that do not believe him.

And Western Civilisation is not ALL the world.

Sorry, this is the world that The King said was NOT his kingdom. Who cares how they figure chronology?

Seriously, I think we have better things to focus on than picking nits.

I said no such thing.
You want people to acknowledge Jesus by codifying his name into a system of chronology.

Even IF these people do not even believe in him?

Is this even worth fighting over when the fallen world, which is NOT his kingdom, is using this?

There are so many things better to be upset about.

Yes, it is fast becoming the way of the world. Don't want to offend anyone with even the slightest hint of Jesus.

I'm waiting for the first newspaper headline that reads an atheist activist group, like FFRF perhaps, is pursuing removal of cross displays from churches. Because the icon intimidates unbelievers when they look to the horizon.

I was watching some historical documentary and they used BCE (Before the Common Era) instead of BC (Before Christ) and CE (Common Era) rather than AD (Ano Domini, Year of our Lord).

Just another example of how the world is moving away from anything that relates to Jesus.

I usually find that what they present is equally biased and if I do watch the show, I do so with a truckload of salt.

Or type it out for them:
BCE- Before Christ's Era
CE- Christ's Era
Oh, type it out! That way there is no confusion as to what is meant. ;)

Just as an aside and totally OT. Is there a "multi-quote" option that I might be missing when I respond to threads and want to reply to more than one person?

Just as an aside and totally OT. Is there a "multi-quote" option that I might be missing when I respond to threads and want to reply to more than one person?
No you just click reply to a person, type what you want, don't click post reply yet, then click reply again to the next person and so on.

You want people to acknowledge Jesus by codifying his name into a system of chronology.

Even IF these people do not even believe in him?

Is this even worth fighting over when the fallen world, which is NOT his kingdom, is using this?

There are so many things better to be upset about.
Let me counter that question with this question. Do you think sitting idly by and watching the world take away everything Christian is what Jesus would want from his believers?

It takes a bit of coding.

You simply copy and paste the code within the brackets (
) and then edit to where you need it by ending with the bracketed /QUOTE portion.

Hence:

I am very very happy!

or

Let me counter that question with this question. Do you think sitting idly by and watching the world take away everything Christian is what Jesus would want from his believers?

In this case, yes.

What does a label mean to The King?

Do you denounce devils on horseback? How about Red Devil products? Devil's Food Cake?

Do you think it demeans an angel that Angel Food cake exists? Removes its holy status?

What are we doing?

This is a term invented by man for man. If man wishes to change it then let him. It harms no one.

Should we berate man for taking away Pluto from planet?

Let's not fight for tradition for tradition's sake.

In this case, yes.

What does a label mean to The King?

Do you denounce devils on horseback? How about Red Devil products? Devil's Food Cake?

Do you think it demeans an angel that Angel Food cake exists? Removes its holy status?

What are we doing?

This is a term invented by man for man. If man wishes to change it then let him. It harms no one.

Should we berate man for taking away Pluto from planet?

Let's not fight for tradition for tradition's sake.
If that is what you believe. I wouldn't hold to your opinions though, which I assume this is?

No you just click reply to a person, type what you want, don't click post reply yet, then click reply again to the next person and so on.

Thank you. :)

I would ask what has greater power? God or those opposed to Christ? We are charged with spreading the good news. But when the good news abounds in a nation like the U.S. , for example, and there are those who are on a mission to oppress Christians and obscure the faith of Christ, where is the power and authority to stop that from happening?
In Heaven? Or invested in the frail mortal that is greatly outnumbered by the escalating population of opponents?

In the end, in my opinion, we do what we can do when we're called to do it. Those adamantly opposed to Christ shall find at the end of their life they made the wrong choice.

In the meanwhile, no thing exists without God. Labels, traditions, etc... aren't God. They're transient identities we use to communicate the eternal omnipotence that is that spirit we call God. Don't let the opposition make us afraid. In what some consider a spiritual war, God can't lose.

While, given God's infinite time table in his realm of omniscience, the opponents to his authority and grace already have.

smileys-praying-742234.gif

Thank you. :)

I would ask what has greater power? God or those opposed to Christ? We are charged with spreading the good news. But when the good news abounds in a nation like the U.S. , for example, and there are those who are on a mission to oppress Christians and obscure the faith of Christ, where is the power and authority to stop that from happening?
In Heaven? Or invested in the frail mortal that is greatly outnumbered by the escalating population of opponents?

In the end, in my opinion, we do what we can do when we're called to do it. Those adamantly opposed to Christ shall find at the end of their life they made the wrong choice.

In the meanwhile, no thing exists without God. Labels, traditions, etc... aren't God. They're transient identities we use to communicate the eternal omnipotence that is that spirit we call God. Don't let the opposition make us afraid. In what some consider a spiritual war, God can't lose.

While, given God's infinite time table in his realm of omniscience, the opponents to his authority and grace already have.

smileys-praying-742234.gif
Good response, glad to see you figured out how to reply to multiple posts btw :)

The year doesn't matter, the point we're trying to make is how the world is trying to secularize everything.
I am so sorry if my opinion bothered you. Perhaps I am way overdoing it with my desire for truth, but I used to be such a liar that now, I can't stand it if anything smacks of the slightest untruth. I admit to using B.C.E. in my desire to be ultra honest about our L-rd in every way, even in these minor things. :)

I am so sorry if my opinion bothered you. Perhaps I am way overdoing it with my desire for truth, but I used to be such a liar that now, I can't stand it if anything smacks of the slightest untruth. I admit to using B.C.E. in my desire to be ultra honest about our L-rd in every way, even in these minor things. :)
It didn't bother me tez, i'm glad you want to be honest.

Jeremiah 32:17 (GNV 1599)
Ah Lord God, behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power, and by thy stretched out arm, and there is nothing hard unto thee.

Every time I read this Scripture you have in your signature, I can just see the prophet in a modern setting: a warm woolen carpet, Oak walls, a large oak desk in front of a window looking out over a rolling meadow, draperties of Scottish colors -- deep green and deep red with gold woven through. He's been laboring over his writing since morning, then he sits back, pen in hand, and worships our Almighty G-d in deep contemplation of the wonders of the heavens and the earth he sees through the window. And he breathes out, "Ah Lord God." His eyes try to take in all he sees of the sky and horizon. "Behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power." His praise goes up, and his hand, without his even noticing it, goes up as well in praise. "And by thy stretched out arm!" His hand comes back to the desk and rests there. He shakes his head in wonder. "There is nothing hard unto thee."

What a wonderful G-d we have. And reading what the prophets wrote is such a blessing.

Back