Be Alarmed

Dusty

Inactive
Be Alarmed

If you find yourself loving any pleasure more than your prayers, any book better than the Bible, any house better than the house of the Lord, any table better than the Lord's table, any persons better than Christ, or any indulgence better than the hope of heaven - be alarmed. ~Thomas Guthrie~

If you find yourself loving any pleasure more than your prayers, any book better than the Bible, any house better than the house of the Lord, any table better than the Lord's table, any persons better than Christ, or any indulgence better than the hope of heaven - be alarmed. ~Thomas Guthrie~

There should certainly be red flags come up in those situations!

thumbs-up1.jpg

Exactly the point . If we love anything more that Jesus and put whatever before Him then in my mind it is an idol .

He said there will be no gods before Him. And anything that is more important than Jesus we are making an idol or 'god' out of it

Exactly the point . If we love anything more that Jesus and put whatever before Him then in my mind it is an idol .

He said there will be no gods before Him. And anything that is more important than Jesus we are making an idol or 'god' out of it

Yes including our own way of interpreting the bible . and including anyone we know . and anyone we love . Jesus spoke of this in two ways one in Luke and one in Matthew . One saying you can't love anyone more than Him and the other, putting people second all the time so it might seem like you "hate" them . but you love them just not as much as Him .

One saying you can't love anyone more than Him and the other, putting people second all the time so it might seem like you "hate" them . but you love them just not as much as Him .

Right.
And if anyone thinks they should come before Jesus they are just being selfish

Right.
And if anyone thinks they should come before Jesus they are just being selfish

Or prideful , or selfcentered .... well you get the picture . Ilike a quote that I saw today .... ... Stop trying to live for Jesus ...... Let Him live through you ..... Charles Price.

Back