Be the light of the world

Why would I get mad about such questions? You are not the kind who would play such games! I just hope I have helped in any way. You are also appreciated and loved!

You are right! No games....just giving the Holy Spirit some room to work!
Thanks for the great hug!

Out of curiosity, how do others keep the light lit?
To keep your "light" lit requires "oil" which represents the Holy Spirit. This is how you stay filled with oil.....

Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
Eph 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

To keep your "light" lit requires "oil" which represents the Holy Spirit. This is how you stay filled with oil.....

Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
Eph 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Wooo hooo! You just described preaching oneself happy with the Word of God....so that the Holy Spirit can move within us and give us the strength that one needs...the joy of the Lord is my strength!
Blessings my friend!

Do you think that the Holy Spirit really controls us or is it surrender on our part?
Sister, "surrendering" gives the Holy Spirit the right to "control" us. As the Apostle Paul said....

Eph 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

A prisoner is under the control of another person. I have been a prisoner of the Lord for decades, and I would not want it any other way.

Out of curiosity, how do others keep the light lit?
Galatians 5:16 and Romans 12:2 and 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 for starters
Romans 12:2 ....
And be not conformed to this world; but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that ye may prove what is that good and accepttable and perfect will of God

Galatians 5:16
This I say thern, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh

2 Corinthians 10:4-5
4... For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, bnut mighty through God to pulling down strong holds
5... Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

This is how I keep my oil full and my wick trimmed and my flame bright
All done through the Grace of God who maketh all grace abound to me.
( 2 Cortinthians 9:8 )
Blessings and love in Christ
Jim

Back