Be Willing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be Willing!

If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land.

– Isaiah 1:19

7CTLTGkDHAoiFIXiW2iVP6RGyp1vq-IfzkutAYHqXx4OWxZ8wyqU7eC6rybRy1Wu-ZrQAhSIz7thDLAJv0KLX1WMFvnJ1CGOGn9zfMoCwSXouI-MaJKWhfgCLWtvti0zx-tI=s0-d-e1-ft

A healthy body. Enough money to pay all your bills and extra to invest in the work of the gospel. A godly marriage and happy, healthy children. Peace of mind. God has prepared a banquet full of blessings for you.

But those blessings are not just going to fall in your lap. You must be willing—as well as obedient—if you’re going to eat the best from God’s table.

So, be willing!

Don’t be willing for Satan to put sickness on your body. Be willing, instead, to be well! In honor of Jesus’ sacrifice at Calvary, refuse to accept anything less than divine health.

Don’t be willing to live in lack, but be willing instead to live in divine prosperity and abundance. Refuse to allow Satan to stop the flow of God’s financial blessings to you.

Be willing to receive God’s best plan for your marriage and your children. Don’t settle for the norms of the world. Live above them in a home full of love and harmony, a home that is what God meant it to be.

Don’t allow Satan to substitute anxiety and ulcers for the peace and undisturbedness that Jesus bought for you. Be willing and obedient to cast all your cares on Him, for He cares for you.

Refuse to be robbed of the banquet of blessings that has belonged to you since you became a believer. Be willing to eat the good of the land!

7CTLTGkDHAoiFIXiW2iVP6RGyp1vq-IfzkutAYHqXx4OWxZ8wyqU7eC6rybRy1Wu-ZrQAhSIz7thDLAJv0KLX1WMFvnJ1CGOGn9zfMoCwSXouI-MaJKWhfgCLWtvti0zx-tI=s0-d-e1-ft

Scripture Reading: Deuteronomy 8:5-20

© 1991 Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc. aka: Kenneth Copeland Publications All rights reserved

In Mark 8 Jesus places his hands on a blind man's eyes. When asked by Jesus what he saw, he said that men looked like trees walking around. Jesus then put his hands on the blind man's eyes and he could then see clearly. I heard a sermon once explaining that Jesus has the best planned for us and so many times we just settle for the better. This blind man could have settled for seeing men walking like trees but Jesus wanted the best. How many times do we take the good things God gives us and just settle in with that when all the time He has so much more He wants to give us. So we don't need to be willing to just say "God is good" but perhaps step out in faith and say "God is great" and then trust Him that He will take us there.

Oh and by the way Sunshine 5
Welcome To CFS !!

As we ask of all new memers,
Please look over the Following and Familiarize yourself with them, this will help you to have a safe and joyful time here in the forum.

Again this is just forum procedure and nothing else.

1. Forum Policies and Procedures
2. Topics which May Not Be Discussed in the open forum.

If you have any questions or issues with the forum, please feel free to contact a moderator or helper and we will do what we can to help.

Again Welcome to cfs
Blessings
FCJ

Do you mean to imply that we should not seek human aid for illness, or are you saying that we need to fight our inevitable biological decay by filling ourselves with God's healing light, while still availing ourselves of earthly resources available to us? Sorry, I get confused on this issue because I know that there are many who have strict beliefs about allowing only God to heal them - they feel that it is an affront to God and a failure of their faith to use the medical community for aid during times of illness. Forgive me if I seem impertinent - this is most certainly NOT my intent. I simply wish to understand precisely what you are saying so that I can understand fully, and my query is sincerely respectful and completely non-judgemental. I have seen miracles of divine medical intervention, so I believe in God's healing power by witnessing it with my own eyes. In my defense regarding my curiosity, allow me to put it this way: if I had never had the original curiosity or personal courage to ask probing questions about God and Jesus, or to ask about the validity of the Bible, I likely would never have become a Christian. I would quite possibly have remained cloaked in my ignorance. but snugly safe that I did not chance putting myself 'out there' to broach what were difficult questions at that time.

Do you mean to imply that we should not seek human aid for illness, or are you saying that we need to fight our inevitable biological decay by filling ourselves with God's healing light, while still availing ourselves of earthly resources available to us? Sorry, I get confused on this issue because I know that there are many who have strict beliefs about allowing only God to heal them - they feel that it is an affront to God and a failure of their faith to use the medical community for aid during times of illness. Forgive me if I seem impertinent - this is most certainly NOT my intent. I simply wish to understand precisely what you are saying so that I can understand fully, and my query is sincerely respectful and completely non-judgemental. I have seen miracles of divine medical intervention, so I believe in God's healing power by witnessing it with my own eyes. In my defense regarding my curiosity, allow me to put it this way: if I had never had the original curiosity or personal courage to ask probing questions about God and Jesus, or to ask about the validity of the Bible, I likely would never have become a Christian. I would quite possibly have remained cloaked in my ignorance. but snugly safe that I did not chance putting myself 'out there' to broach what were difficult questions at that time.

Easy Answer....Both!

The best thing to do is to pray about it all, and ask God to lead us in which way to go. Think about Naaman. He sought the prophet in regards to healing and instead of doing something spectacular, he told him to go dunk in a specific river 7 times. And in some cases Jesus had people do something and sometimes he just healed them.

Sometimes medical intervention is necessary. And sometimes we are healed without medical intervention. It's up to the person to feed and fill themself with the Word of God, because in all reality not even medicine will work without God's help. Faith in God and His Word is the key.

God gave doctors their wisdom, but it's important to not fully accept their diagnosis as the final word on the subject. For God's desire is that all people be healed. And as I'm sure you have seen, people whom the doctors gave no hope are still alive today because of God.

No one is mad at all. For any question not asked as you have found, keeps one in ignorance. Asking questions brings wisdom. And strength (prov 24:5).

Blessings

Thank you for your frank and respectful answer. I appreciate it very much that you shared this perspective and valuable information with me.

May the Lord bless you.

Egraine

Oh and by the way Sunshine 5
Welcome To CFS !!

As we ask of all new memers,
Please look over the Following and Familiarize yourself with them, this will help you to have a safe and joyful time here in the forum.

Again this is just forum procedure and nothing else.

1. Forum Policies and Procedures
2. Topics which May Not Be Discussed in the open forum.

If you have any questions or issues with the forum, please feel free to contact a moderator or helper and we will do what we can to help.

Again Welcome to cfs
Blessings
FCJ
Thank you Fish Catcher Jim. I am looking forward to being on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back