Beautiful Things

Browsing through some of the threads I have found some beautiful things that were said, and I didn’t want them to get ignored.

I was also motivated for this thread by .:Shine:., who in his thread seemed a bit lost:

http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/these-forums.35940/

And a call for all: please contribute to this thread. It would be pity for such beautiful things to get lost in plenty of less significant text. Thank you.

My sincere congratulations for those who took their time and most importantly the will to be both beautiful (in their thoughts) and wise.

Well-being a 'Christian' is illogical and foolishness to the world-at least that's what my Bible says. Being a Christian is not practical or convenient; quite the opposite.

The simplicity of the Gospel is overshadowed by the complexity of our own 'vain imaginations'

We have fallen into the trap of trying to grow by eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thinking our understanding is what needs improvement, when it our heart that is the area that improvement must be made in. We want to make it a scientific fact and the truth is, faith will never be obtained when we finally dissect and mentally understand the word of God. If that was the case, Peter would still be studying the laws of physics to figure out how it is possible to walk on water, wouldn't he? The early disciples, we are told, were simple and unlearned men for the most part, and yet they still turned the entire known world upside down in one generation.

I'm happy to admit I belong to the alumni of the University of the Holy Spirit in the Desert (but still go back for continuing education) along with such esteemed graduates as Peter, John, James, Paul, just to name a few.

Wow!

I deleted my post, I was about to rant why a science buff are collecting quotes that pit faith vs. science, vs. logic…..

I love Science, I love logic : )

Apollos was mentioned several times in the bible, but seems he is very good in philosophy, in logic, presenting his argument....

but indeed, i like Paul's advice rather than Apollos : )

1 Corinthians 2
New King James Version (NKJV)
Christ Crucified
2 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony[a] of God. 2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. 4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human[b] wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

"And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not." John 1:5

I cried for several minutes reading that. Being reminded that. Thanks, Brother_Mike.

Why don't you or 'aha' start a thread with most beautiful (most spiritually cleansing) Biblical verses.

I'll be honored to contribute. But, 'aha', let's please not spoil it with anything secular. Thank you.

And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

Indeed, knowing ANYTHING other than Jesus doesn't add anything to me. In fact, it keeps me from DOING what I have learned in Jesus.

that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

All Christian evolutionists should read this verse. Several times a day.

"Then said I, Wisdom is better than strength: nevertheless the poor man's wisdom is despised, and his words are not heard. The words of wise men are heard in quiet more than the cry of him that ruleth among fools. Wisdom is better than weapons of war: but one sinner destroyeth much good."

More quotes:

I see said the blind man.

I am glad we do not have to sit a theology exam to get into heaven as I think non of us would pass it!

God is never wrong, man is

Through the years, I have had to change my mind concerning a number of different issues. One factor was responsible for all of my changes in viewpoints: Scripture. In each instance, after seeing all that the Bible had to say about a topic, I found that my view did not fit scripture. I had to adjust my ideas to scripture rather than continuing to conform scripture to my ideas.

The problem is (for us) is that God doesn't choose the good over the bad but chooses the humble over the prideful.

One of the problems today, is that many think that when they become a Christian that they simply add Jesus to their life. In other words, they keep, for the most part, living their lives with Jesus now added into the mix.

we have to be careful as Christians not to fall into the trap of almost being like the world. What is the difference if we dress the same, live the same lifestyles.

to ultimately live your life in such a way that you can "face Him" when you see Him.

(Well done good and faithful servant)

Christianity is not a game, it is a responsibility, a service to God and we must grow up and live the faith our lips proclaim.

God doesnt 'try' and nobody can be God except God.

The choice is not heaven or hell. It is God or no God. God's presence = heaven. Out of God's presence = hell.

I actually 'heard' the Gospel (allowed myself to hear it)-I knew I was in need of a savior.

The Bible is just a preface to to eternity; it is a preparation of the spirit by THE Spirit

God left this note for you:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I would add only that the search for truth , the search for Jesus must be on His terms. He has provided the way to Him, if anyone insists on seeking Him on their own terms, well...luck with that.

When you become a Christian, a process begins, that of sanctification. It is a long painful process

And for those who lament "why do bad things happen to good people?", they don't, we are all bad, bad things happen to bad people

Sometimes we want to question things of the bible because we may have read some book or other written by a prominent person but I prefer to believe the Lord and His Word. We have to be like children here. Their faith is beautiful, sincere, unquestionable, pure and admirable. I wish sometimes I could always have that kinf of faith.

The more you are free from yourself (nature of the flesh), the more you are free from others. Because if i am free from me, then i am free from you. You can't offend or hurt me the more i allow the Fathers love to penetrate my heart. I have found out, that the more we allow God's love into your lives, the less offended we are by the world.

The bible says that you will know a follower by their love towards one another. It doesn't say that you will know a follower by their knowledge of the scriptures, or your power through the Holy Spirit, but by the love that you show.

Back