Before the Fall, Did We Not Know What Was Good and Bad?

Before the Fall, Did We Not Know What Was Good and Bad?

How was Adam created? Holy? Blameless? Righteous like GOD?

Genesis 2:9 -- And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

GOD made a tree that had two varieties of fruit on it: Good and Evil.

I wonder why HE created Evil...

If Adam and Eve ate from this tree and learned the knowledge of evil, did they also learn the knowledge of good or beforehand was all they knew the knowledge of Good?

One would think one would not know the difference between good and bad until one ate from the tree itself.

Was Adam innocent before the fall? Some people call this the Age of Innocence. Innocence means you do not know the difference between right and wrong, right? And didn't Jesus say you had to become like little children to enter the Kingdom? That is like becoming innocent again, right?

How was Adam created? Holy? Blameless? Righteous like GOD?

Genesis 2:9 -- And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

GOD made a tree that had two varieties of fruit on it: Good and Evil.
It seems that the fruit of the tree had a physical as well as a spiritual effect on Adam & Eve...The trees fruit was of knowledge, but it also it made Adam & Eve mortal

God then sent an angel to guard the tree of life so that they would not eat of it, and become immortal again while knowing both good & evil...

I wonder why HE created Evil...

If Adam and Eve ate from this tree and learned the knowledge of evil, did they also learn the knowledge of good or beforehand was all they knew the knowledge of Good?

One would think one would not know the difference between good and bad until one ate from the tree itself.

Was Adam innocent before the fall? Some people call this the Age of Innocence. Innocence means you do not know the difference between right and wrong, right? And didn't Jesus say you had to become like little children to enter the Kingdom? That is like becoming innocent again, right?

Adam & Eve were perfect in every way before they disobeyed God...They knew nothing of evil, because evil is the absense of God....God walked with them in the garden...side by side...we would die if He did this with us today, becase of our sin...it separates us from Him.

You're right about us becoming like little childern...innocence is only part of it, trust is the other part...children who have not experienced tragedy or deceit trust without question...they don't know what evil is...they are innocent...this is how we are supposed to trust & love God

:)they never knew anything but God how could they sin when they trusted him,and did what was learned to them.

The tree of the knowledge of GOOD and EVIL caused Adam and Eve to be separated from God. Before that they walked hand in hand with God and were led entirely of His Spirit.

A good book on that subject is " There Were Two Trees In The Garden" by Brother Rick Joyner.

The tree had to be in the garden to give Adam and Eve a choice. Without choice how can there be freewill?

Eating the fruit was an act of willful disobedience. They made a choice to sin before they ate. But it wasn't until after they ate and realized the serpent had tricked them that they understood good and evil.

Uh, what was the question?....oh yeah, " How was Adam created? Holy? Blameless? Righteous like GOD?"

He was created innocent, but having freewill and an imperfect nature, he was destined to sin.

That's my take on it.

Ginger

Just my opinion- Was he destined to sin? That was the choice and Adam could have just as well chose to obey. Adam was lead by God in the garden and everything was fine. When he followed Satan's plan and did things his own way that is when the trouble started. Like Satan he and Eve developed I trouble.
The bible plainly states that without the law no sin is imputed so Adam was sin free until he choose to disobey God's will and guidance.

Just my opinion- Was he destined to sin? .....
The bible plainly states that without the law no sin is imputed so Adam was sin free until he choose to disobey God's will and guidance.

He was destined to sin, not because God wanted him to, but because God knew he would.

Ginger

why was there 2 kinds of fruits.?
I don't know WHY there were 2 kinds of fruit, but I know what kind of fruit they were . . .

Genesis 2:9 . . . And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree
that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food;
the tree of life also in the midst of the garden,
and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

He was destined to sin, not because God wanted him to, but because God knew he would.

Ginger

Well its all in how you look at it- God knows all and yet the choice is ours.:)
God simply foreknows.

Indeed we have a clear indication that Adam was given a choice but no scriptural indication that he had to sin.
Honestly though if he had not messed up someone else would have.:eek::p

In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
Two specific trees out of many which God created for man's pleasure.

15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."
Where is the conclusion coming from that there were two fruits on one tree?

As Boanerges has stated, God foreknows, but we can never fully understand that. We are not meant to understand but to place all faith in Him.

The tree of life was a type and shadow of Jesus Christ and as we partake of Him we have just that. Soulish wisdom cannot partake of that tree as the judgments of a lost soul are basically diametrically opposed to the leading of the Spirit.

Jesus is the tree of life and by faith we partake of him.:)

Back