Being Ready

violet

Inactive
Being Ready

We, as a society, have to live in and function in this world.
Our focus is strong on our jobs, our bills, our new furniture and pretty cars.
We want nice appliances that will put 'ease' into our lives.
We spend months planning vacations......

I'm not implying that any of this is wrong!
I was thinking if only I, personally, focused this much on being ready for Christ's return.
When I think about this, all else becomes so much less important~
I believe we allow so much to get in our way of where our real focus should be.
I feel troubles are much closer than many of us dare to admit~
How ready are we?
Do we know, can we comprehend the extent of what we might have to endure before Christ returns?

It's ok to have things until your things start to have you!

Please don't think I am judging~
I have things and nice things at that~
I think I am more speaking my feelings , my own fears, out loud~

I don't think you are judging sis- here is a word for you:

Luk 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Php 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Jud 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

As long as we fix our eyes on Him we will be ready- like Peter if we look at the waves crashing around us we will sink - but no matter where you are and what you are doing he is only a whisper away- lets keep our eyes on Him!

I do not have a pretty car, nice furniture or new appliances or debt for that matter. I do have a job (that takes more time than I care for). I also have a two year supply of food but more importantly the skills to live off the land in the wilderness if necessary. I have water stored by and I know where there are fresh springs in the mountains. I don't own a gun but I do have a bow and I know how to use it. I also own many bibles that are very worn.

This is what God has led me to do, not just for myself but to feed and encourage others if difficult times come.

I don't think you are judging sis- here is a word for you:

Luk 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Php 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Jud 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

As long as we fix our eyes on Him we will be ready- like Peter if we look at the waves crashing around us we will sink - but no matter where you are and what you are doing he is only a whisper away- lets keep our eyes on Him!

Thank you, Bro. Larry.
Yes, that is it exactly, to KEEP our eyes fixed upon Him!

We have the great priviledge of having the righteousnes of Christ imparted to us and by faith we know that we will stand in His provision not our bumbling steps- Hallelujah
He took my sin , He knew my failures at yet He still choose to save me-

Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Php 1:9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;
Php 1:10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;
Php 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith

It is an awesome thing to be found in Christ and God's judgements on our life are to be embraced as they are His way of setting us free to walk closer to Him- Hallelujah! It is not condemnation but liberty we find in that loving hand.
So it is by faith in Christ and Christ alone we find salvation, peace and joy- if we find a lack in any of these our eyes are indeed on the wrong things!
Hallelujah- His grace and love are overwhelming , His hand of deliverance sure and His mercy towards all in Christ unending- Halleluajh! What can seperate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord- only ourselves- we cast down all vain imaginings, doubt and unbelief must go in the Name of Jesus for our hearts are now fixed upon the King- may we each learn to enter into His rest- your brother Larry

I do not have a pretty car, nice furniture or new appliances or debt for that matter. I do have a job (that takes more time than I care for). I also have a two year supply of food but more importantly the skills to live off the land in the wilderness if necessary. I have water stored by and I know where there are fresh springs in the mountains. I don't own a gun but I do have a bow and I know how to use it. I also own many bibles that are very worn.

This is what God has led me to do, not just for myself but to feed and encourage others if difficult times come.

Don, I wish we all lived like we did 100 years ago.
Life has gotten too complicated but it is all part of God's scheme of things~

"Being Ready" Being secure in my faith and knowing that Yeshua has control of all my present situations and has secured a place for my eternal life with Him. His plan is already in motion and whatever He brings at me I know as His child that my future is in His hands not man's.

welp, I personally have no proof to back this up, but some one I know said that Bible scholors are claiming the anti christ to already be alive

The anti christ may be alive but many anti christs are definetly alive:eek:

Back