Believe God. Or Religion You Choose.

Ok Rams .... Look at the NCV and it says 1 Peter 2:24 ....Christ carried our sins in his body on the cross so we would stop living for sin and start living for what is right. And you are healed because of his wounds.

So I think here is physical healing and spiritual.

1 Peter 2:24 (King James Version)

24Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

strange how there is difference in translation between NCV and KJV :)

which one is right I wonder?

then why assume it's physical when the whole verse is talking about Sin before getting to "By whose stripes ye were healed" ?
the one in Peter and the one in Isaiah also.

1 Peter 2:24 (King James Version)

24Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

OK My dear friend. Did you see the colon? That signifies a change of thought or another thought added. He was talking about what Jesus did. Read the entire sentence.

1 Peter 2:20-25 (King James Version)

21 For even hereunto were ye called: (Why?) because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
22 (Jesus) Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
23 (Jesus) Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree,(so)that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: (and) by whose stripes ye were healed.

Vs 23 Jesus bore sin so that we might be the righteousness of God in the anointing.
By Jesus stripes we are healed.

The bible is talking about more than sin here. :)

does anyone here understand that I am talking about 1 Peter 2:24 ..

my friends I believe in healings, I Know God heals!
even in the OT God said those who follow Him He will protect against such diseases.

I am talking about 1 Peter 2:24. let's not twist scripture.

and this also Isaiah 53:5

Ramsey I have heard all of my Christian life that God only heals us spiritually. I do know what you are talking about (I'm sure) But There are far too many people who have been miraculously healed to shore up the teaching that its only spiritual.

2000 years ago there were colons :| ?

I fail to see what you see. the verse is talking about spiritual healing
you search for healing in the body, and when you don't find it you get angry. I search for spiritual healing, which is my joy, praise be the name of the LORD.

will you ever understand, that I am talking about that specific verse?
you realize we've had this argument a few times in the past and you've never understood that I am talking about 1 Peter 2:24 and Isaiah 53:5 and not some other verses merged together with those two to make it seem as if THOSE verses are talking about other types of healings ?
it's not by His stripes we're healed of physical!
why would that be true? considering Jesus healed PLENTY of people while He was alive and well on earth, and even before coming to Earth.

Abundant life is life in the Spirit.:)

Salvation = deliverance= newness of life now. Eternal life has already begun for us.
God truly loves to bless His kids as they move in the Spirit but of course the flesh He will not abide or bless.

LOL Again. The scripture does not specify that abundant life is only spirit. It says LIFE. We have life in our bodies too. We live in an abundant world. It makes no sense that Gods people should not live in abundance in all areas of life.

LOL I'll start a fight yet. grin. I hope not.

you search for healing in the body, and when you don't find it you get angry. I search for spiritual healing, which is my joy, praise be the name of the LORD.

ROFL Ramsey I love talking with you!!

Two thousand years ago there were no chapters and verses either. Maybe it was easier to understand because of that too. I'm not that old. Yet.:D

vs 21 Christ also suffered for us , leaving us an example that you should follow in His steps .

Jesus is our example in all things, even in suffering . He did not willingly suffer merely for suffering sake , but He eagerly accepted it when He saw it as God's will for Him .

Because Jesus died and suffered for us on the cruel cross , we do not have to accept the sickness because He died that we might have life and life more abundantly and that means a well body as well as spiritual well being .

He is our healer , our deliver, and He sets us free from sin and disease.

will you ever understand, that I am talking about that specific verse?
you realize we've had this argument a few times in the past and you've never understood that I am talking about 1 Peter 2:24 and Isaiah 53:5 and not some other verses merged together with those two to make it seem as if THOSE verses are talking about other types of healings ?
it's not by His stripes we're healed of physical!
why would that be true? considering Jesus healed PLENTY of people while He was alive and well on earth, and even before coming to Earth.

You are talking about 1 Pete 2:24
Its the same verse as Isa 53:5 Only in a different tense. Isaiah is talking present tense and Pete is talking past tense.

Huh? what verse talks about the physical if not these?

I am at a complete loss for words.

So we don't or shouldn't get sick? Please know, I completely agree that God heals sickness. What about this?

2 Timothy 4:20 (New International Version)

20Erastus stayed in Corinth, and I left Trophimus sick in Miletus.

Why does James tell the elders to pray over the sick?

James 5:14-16 (New International Version)

14Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. 16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

That one shows we still sin as well.

Living life abundantly has nothing to do with riches or money. Please know, I am not saying we should live in poverty. I have never heard anyone teach that. But, I can tell you I can make an extremely good argument for the case of wealth being a curse most of the time.

Love of Money

3If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.
6But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. 10For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

again.... maybe the life abundantly means at the resurrection lol ?
why should it be on earth. yes we'll be protected but... we are to preach Christ crucified.. no time to live abundantly =) we will have eternity for that!

Rams .... Of course we will have life abundantly in our eternal home . That is a no brainer.

But while we are here on earth we also can have an abundant life by living and following Christ and even though there are tests and trials we will come out as shining gold because He is with us and He never leaves nor abandons us.

of course I agree with you but according to that verse, do you think He's actually referring to the resurrection ? that would make more sense though no? because life here is nothing. we're going to die one day unless we're caught up in the air :)
but death over there is not possible ! unless God wills it :(

Ok You're young enough to remember your grammar lessons. Break the sentence down. There are two main ideas being talked about in that one sentence.

Come on Rams You can do it. grin

my friend and brother, I was only sarcastic when I said that. I knew the truth but I wanted to show you that your argument is not very valid since when it was written there were no colons...

that verse to me tlaks about spiritual healing..

but this verse
14Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. 16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.

talks about physical healing and also repentance in order to receive spiritual healing..

again.... maybe the life abundantly means at the resurrection lol ?
why should it be on earth. yes we'll be protected but... we are to preach Christ crucified.. no time to live abundantly =) we will have eternity for that!

Ramsey I strongly believe that means when we get to heaven. And NOW too:)

Like I told you? I'm having trouble with my health right now. I have no business being 'sick'. I have been healed two thousand years ago. I have seen miraculousl healing in my life too. So what is my problem? Unbelief. How easy it is to take your eyes off Jesus and to look at the waves.

my friend and brother, I was only sarcastic when I said that. I knew the truth but I wanted to show you that your argument is not very valid since when it was written there were no colons...

that verse to me tlaks about spiritual healing..

but this verse
14Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. 16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.

talks about physical healing and also repentance in order to receive spiritual healing..

You know the nice thing about this Ramsey? We are not forced to believe anything. If you want to believe that the promise is only for spiritual healing, I'll not fault you. I love you too much for that.:)

brother you need to know that it is part of being a human to get old and become bad health wise, we perish, our bodies are not immortal.

correct me if I'm wrong but the father of Joseph, Jacob became almost blind when he got old and don't forget they lived a long time LOOL probably 4 times as much as you are now but point is when they got old, his health was deteriorating, it is only normal. I don't want you to think that satan is speaking through me now telling you that you cna't be healed. but I need you to know that what you are getting happens to many older people. I love you also big brother. I really pray that your health will be better, but we all have our problems health wise! yes He heals but some things are natural =)

Believe God. Or Religion You Choose.

True religion is

James
1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To
visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep​
himself unspotted from the world.

Back