bema judgement

bema judgement

i don't have much to say about this, i read a little about it yesterday and i've just been thinking about it. i would love any thoughts about this subject! thank you!

this may be an ignorant question...but what's bema judgment? :/

Hey girl ..... Ya beat me to it and you are the young one studying in school and I am the old one without too much knowledge so if you don't know , I am glad to say I don't know either ..... Never heard of it . Now I don't feel so stupid .... he he .

Hey girl ..... Ya beat me to it and you are the young one studying in school and I am the old one without too much knowledge so if you don't know , I am glad to say I don't know either ..... Never heard of it . Now I don't feel so stupid .... he he .
You make me laugh :)
And you definitely aren't stupid!

maybe i could google it?

here is what my findings were on google:
The concept of the Bema Seat comes from the ancient Olympics, where a judge would sit on the Bema Seat at the finish line. The judge's purpose was to determine what position the runners came in-first, second, and so on-and then to give out the appropriate rewards. That is the imagery behind what is known as the Bema Seat.

Also known as the Judgment Seat of Christ, the Bema Seat is described in 1 Corinthians 3:12-15, "If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work. If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames." Your gold, silver, and costly stones are works done for the glory of God, with the right motive, and in dependence upon the power of the Holy Spirit.

There is some debate as to the exact timing of the Bema Seat. Some understand it to occur at the moment of death for each believer. Others believe the Bema Seat to occur during the end times, with all believers being judged at that time. It does not truly matter when the Bema Seat occurs. It is far more important that we be prepared for the Bema Seat.

Oh i get it . i knew some orthodx friends who said you get resurrected 3 days after dying or something .. so judgment must happen somewhere in there . interesting anyway . when people talk about that one i think of rapture discourse in The letters or the first resurrection in revelation .

but then again .. aren't we being judged now? cuz peter said .. something about judgment beginning with the house of God . hm infitiely interesting . sure i'll never figure it out .

love bless .

The "Judgement Seat of Christ" and the "Bema Judgement" are the same thing. It is for the Children of God not the un-saved.

Romans 14:10-12 says, “For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat…so then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.” Second Corinthians 5:10 tells us, “For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.” In the context, it is clear that both scriptures are referring to Christians, not unbelievers. The judgment seat of Christ, therefore, involves believers giving an account of their lives to Christ. The judgment seat of Christ does not determine salvation; that was determined by Christ’s sacrifice on our behalf (1 John 2:2) and our faith in Him (John 3:16). All of our sins are forgiven, and we will never be condemned for them (Romans 8:1). We should not look at the judgment seat of Christ as God judging our sins, but rather as God rewarding us for our lives. Yes, as the Bible says, we will have to give an account of ourselves. Part of this is surely answering for the sins we committed. However, that is not going to be the primary focus of the judgment seat of Christ.

At the judgment seat of Christ, believers are rewarded based on how faithfully they served Christ (1 Corinthians 9:4-27; 2 Timothy 2:5). Some of the things we might be judged on are how well we obeyed the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20), how victorious we were over sin (Romans 6:1-4), and how well we controlled our tongues (James 3:1-9). The Bible speaks of believers receiving crowns for different things based on how faithfully they served Christ (1 Corinthians 9:4-27; 2 Timothy 2:5). The various crowns are described in 2 Timothy 2:5, 2 Timothy 4:8, James 1:12, 1 Peter 5:4, and Revelation 2:10. James 1:12 is a good summary of how we should think about the judgment seat of Christ: “Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

In the Greek # 968, Bema - Judgment seat, set (foot) on throne.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Reminds me of a Petra song:

Bema Seat

Romans 14:10, I Corinthians 3:12-15
Words & Music by Bob Hartman

When our labor all retire
there will be a trial by fire
Will your treasure pass the test
Or will it burn up with the rest
You may build upon a sure foundation
With your building in delapidation