Benny Hinn Confesses

Do you think the Prosperity Gospel is Biblical

• Total voters
I am not sure how this will be received. It is the truth, and seems to be all over the internet but if the Moderators don't want it to be talked about, I am sure they will respond as they see fit.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...C004C26984447F2A9C44C004C26984447F2&FORM=VIRE

Now what he is saying is what a lot
2 Peter 2:3 ...'...…"
"And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you.'

What is the prosperity gospel? Exactly what it says, it teaches that you NEED prosperity in your material life. It doesn't preach that you need prosperity in your 'spiritual' life, which the Bible teaches, but in your material worldly life. All they are preaching is IDOLATRY, elevating wealth and possessions above God, and elevating created things above the CREATOR. This is 'another' gospel which Paul warned about ... Galatians 1:6 ...'...….
I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel. Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.'

1 Timothy 6:5-8 ...'...…...
"Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.'

There's a theological heresy implicit in too many Christians approach.

That heresy is that it is God's responsibility to provide the "good-life" to His people, with Him making our paths straight and easy to the goals we desire.

In reality it is our priveledge to be used to achieve His purpose. He does not 'inflict' trials gratuitously, nor withholds blessings. Somtimes He chastens us for our growth, Sometimes we dig our own pits.

That heresy is that it is God's responsibility to provide the "good-life" to His people, with Him making our paths straight and easy to the goals we desire.

In reality it is our priveledge to be used to achieve His purpose. He does not 'inflict' trials gratuitously, nor withholds blessings. Somtimes He chastens us for our growth, Sometimes we dig our own pits.

Agreed!

We tend to do what we want to do and then blame God for what He allowed to do.

Hello Major;

Prosperity Gospel,
according to those who claim it in their doctrine is not Biblical. The largest fallacies about Prosperity Gospel is coveting, resisting God's sovereignty and His will be done. Instead this is replaced with commanding and claiming God's submission to self desires, and reaping what the self claims in the name of Jesus.

In Matthew 24:23-25, is an example of the Good News, Jesus warns us about these false teachings, 23 Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.

There are so many Scriptures to guide us in our Spiritual Prosperity and the more we focus on what God says, He will do according to His promises.

In our Spiritual Prosperity includes maturity. We will discern when God says no, or answers slowly, is indeed an answer to prayer. God takes us through a process before He answers and make obvious. When God says no is because He knows whats best for us.

God blesses us in both Spiritual and our material needs which is not wrong, but all to be used for His glory.

My sister in law, 60, lives with us and has been going to dialysis for 3 years. We pray daily asking the Lord for healing. Today she is still going and had test surgery last Tuesday for her heart. There may be positive results. She will know her condition, and if possibly get on a list for a kidney or liver transplant. Should the transplant take place this will stop the dialysis. In the last 3 years she has grown in her Spiritual Prosperity. Despite her condition, she is happy, at peace and in good spirits, worships daily and every Sunday at our church, and is content with all her needs. Most of all, she receives the fellowship of her sisters which include my wife, a younger sister and sister in law.

During Christmas 2017 my wife took ownership of a 2018 Honda CRV. In all the years we have been married she never owned a new car but instead a good used, cost effective one. It's been almost two years and she is enjoying her car, uses it to transport others like her sister to dialysis, does not have road rage and takes very good care of it. We are humbled at her first new car and am grateful to God for His glory.

God equips us with His Word. Not only that, but will give us discernment when we encounter false teaching.

God bless you, brother and your family.

Hello Major;

Prosperity Gospel,
according to those who claim it in their doctrine is not Biblical. The largest fallacies about Prosperity Gospel is coveting, resisting God's sovereignty and His will be done. Instead this is replaced with commanding and claiming God's submission to self desires, and reaping what the self claims in the name of Jesus.

In Matthew 24:23-25, is an example of the Good News, Jesus warns us about these false teachings, 23 Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.

There are so many Scriptures to guide us in our Spiritual Prosperity and the more we focus on what God says, He will do according to His promises.

In our Spiritual Prosperity includes maturity. We will discern when God says no, or answers slowly, is indeed an answer to prayer. God takes us through a process before He answers and make obvious. When God says no is because He knows whats best for us.

God blesses us in both Spiritual and our material needs which is not wrong, but all to be used for His glory.

My sister in law, 60, lives with us and has been going to dialysis for 3 years. We pray daily asking the Lord for healing. Today she is still going and had test surgery last Tuesday for her heart. There may be positive results. She will know her condition, and if possibly get on a list for a kidney or liver transplant. Should the transplant take place this will stop the dialysis. In the last 3 years she has grown in her Spiritual Prosperity. Despite her condition, she is happy, at peace and in good spirits, worships daily and every Sunday at our church, and is content with all her needs. Most of all, she receives the fellowship of her sisters which include my wife, a younger sister and sister in law.

During Christmas 2017 my wife took ownership of a 2018 Honda CRV. In all the years we have been married she never owned a new car but instead a good used, cost effective one. It's been almost two years and she is enjoying her car, uses it to transport others like her sister to dialysis, does not have road rage and takes very good care of it. We are humbled at her first new car and am grateful to God for His glory.

God equips us with His Word. Not only that, but will give us discernment when we encounter false teaching.

God bless you, brother and your family.

Thank you for your post.

I am so blessed to know that you agree with the Scriptures.

I continue to be amazed at those who teach such an insidious teaching that we as sinners, can command God to do what we want done.

On this very web site 2 years ago, one of the moderators shared with all of us that she believed in "Name it and claim it", and that she had the ability to command hurricanes and storms to move and change course.

Agreed! You are so very correct my brother. God does not owe us one single thing. It however is US that owes Him everything!!!!

One of the things that God can not fix is "Studid".

Example:
People who build a home at the foot of a volcano and then get angry because it explodes.

People who buy a home located on the San Andres fault line.

People who buy a home 100 feet from the Atlantic ocean in Florida.

Back