Best Ear Piercing Method: Gun Or Needle?

Gun or needle, best ear piercing method?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've only ever had my ears pierced with a gun, but it seems like everyone who had it done (professionally) with a needle, seems to rave about how much better that is. Mine all closed up after 3 years the first time I took them out for more than 8 hours, so perhaps that's a vote against guns?

I've only ever had my ears pierced with a gun, but it seems like everyone who had it done (professionally) with a needle, seems to rave about how much better that is. Mine all closed up after 3 years the first time I took them out for more than 8 hours, so perhaps that's a vote against guns?

Banarenth:

Yes, well the gun method tears a bit of flesh out of the lobe (yours are lobe holes, right?), whereas the needle does a clean cut. Also, a mall kiosk might have a sincere teen who uses the gun on you, but a tattoo/piercing parlor is likely to have a trained professional who may charge a bit more but it's worth it.

You should check out a local parlor, without obligation, if you're interested in knowing more about the needle method.

Blessings.

Perhaps, but I also spent time manually gauging them, and the lady I went to was pretty good. I really didn't know about the local parlor method until I went to get my third or fourth tattoo. and saw someone doing piercing there. Either way, it's odd that they healed so fast because I gauged them to 10 - 14 AWG (depending on where they were on my ear). I just heal really fast sometimes.

Perhaps, but I also spent time manually gauging them, and the lady I went to was pretty good. I really didn't know about the local parlor method until I went to get my third or fourth tattoo. and saw someone doing piercing there. Either way, it's odd that they healed so fast because I gauged them to 10 - 14 AWG (depending on where they were on my ear). I just heal really fast sometimes.

Banarenth:

You mean, the lady put plugs or tapers in? for the gauges? (Not sure what you meant.)

Yes, often tattoo parlors do piercings too. Kind of a full range of services, really.

Blessings.

No. I found out about all the "right" stuff way too late. I just spent time gauging up with bigger and bigger rings. I can't even get a small one in anymore without getting re-pierced. I suspect in another year or two, the scars won't even be there anymore. Two have already vanished. I'm like Wolverine, without the claws, so I guess I'm like Deadpool but less killy.

No. I found out about all the "right" stuff way too late. I just spent time gauging up with bigger and bigger rings. I can't even get a small one in anymore without getting re-pierced. I suspect in another year or two, the scars won't even be there anymore. Two have already vanished. I'm like Wolverine, without the claws, so I guess I'm like Deadpool but less killy.

Banarenth:

The lady kind of forced the rings in, then, did she?

Blessings.

Ive got both my ears pierced about 15-20 months ago with a gun loaded with the ear-rings itself. It was so quick and painless, all i felt was a little after effect (a bit of a sting thats all).

Did I mention that I took a panadol before I got them pierced L0L

Ive got both my ears pierced about 15-20 months ago with a gun loaded with the ear-rings itself. It was so quick and painless, all i felt was a little after effect (a bit of a sting thats all).

Did I mention that I took a panadol before I got them pierced L0L

Hi Jake:

Gun may work out fine for some folk, I guess.

So do you still have the original pierced studs in, one each side, permanently? or maybe once your holes healed you changed them for ones with a thinner gauge?

Blessings.

Farouk,

Yes I've still got the original studs in permanently in both years. The holes have now healed, don't think i wanna go any thicker or thinner. They are just fine hehe :)

Are you planning on doing yours?

Jake

I have no idea what Panadol is. I'm assuming some type of pain killer or muscle relaxer?

Ok, so it's just acetaminophen. No biggie. Though, personally, I think it would lessen the "experience". I found that even though it hurts (just the tiniest bit, I mean, they do it to infants), it can actually be a bit addicting. I liked the feeling of having the earrings, and actually I enjoyed getting tattoos more than I enjoyed having them. Ask anyone who has a lot, and they all seem to agree, it's an addicting experience. I'll leave it to you to decide whether that is a good or bad thing.

Pardon my ignorance, but either you typed the wrong word or google is seriously failing me and I should feel betrayed. Please offer me just a bit more direction.

Farouk,

Yes I've still got the original studs in permanently in both years. The holes have now healed, don't think i wanna go any thicker or thinner. They are just fine hehe :)

Are you planning on doing yours?

Jake

Jake, Like I mentioned, I don't actually wear earrings now.

But re. the piercing studs, they have a slightly thicker gauge than the usual, standard studs and rings, and I guess this is part of the issue with them versus the needle piercing, because with a needle what goes through the lobe is actually much thinner than the post of the piercing stud.

But great it worked out for you. And I'm guessing that when you had them done each side, you were already an adult and so didn't need parental permission..

(Personally I'm completely comfortable with the idea of men having studs or rings put through, if this is what they want; if they no longer need parental permission, and young men really want to do it, I would just say go for it, then.)

Blessings.

So folks, which is the best ear piercing method, gun or needle?

Thoughts?

Just for the sake of conversation and not argument............allow me to ask you guys a simple question.

Everwhere I go these days I see men and women tattoed. Now, Is tattoing and body piercing a sign of love or slavery or neither considering that it goes all the way back to the book of Genesis?

Symbols are always related to their use, not their origin IMO (otherwise the cross is not a symbol that anyone should tolerate, but swastikas would be signs of peace and hope). I would say that this is simply and expression of art based on it's modern use. People are not getting tattoos to denote slavery. Nobody goes in with that intention. However, I also understand that not all can see things that way. If they cannot, they should not, and I would heavily advise against tattoos if there is even the smallest conviction against it.

Back