Beware Erroneous Gospel Part 2

@Noblemen

This situation is not new, it was evidenced in Paul's day too. The last epistle he wrote reveals the rejection he was encountering, of both himself and of the message he was given by God to deliver (2 Timothy), and it was in the atmosphere of that rejection that Timothy received it, and was exhorted with the words of 2 Timothy 2:15, to study to shew himself approved unto God, by rightly dividing the Word of Truth.

He was to shun profane and vain babblings, and striving about words to no profit, and set himself apart unto God, so that he need not be ashamed.

This is what we must also do.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

@Noblemen,

Yes, I know, I am like the buses, they all come at the same time. :)

In that same chapter, 2 Timothy 2, exhortation is made regarding being a vessel of honour, meet for the master's use and prepared unto every good work. It is not the pointing of the finger at others that should characterize us, but the examination of ourselves, to make sure that our own ministry, our own walk and witness, reflects the truth that is in Christ Jesus.(2:21). That we are not unwittingly leading others astray.

'But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake,
happy are ye:
and be not afraid of their terror,
neither be troubled;
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts:
and be ready always to give an answer
to every man that asketh you
a reason of the hope that is in you
with meekness and fear:
Having a good conscience;
that, whereas they speak evil of you,
as of evildoers,
they may be ashamed
that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.'

(1Pet. 3:14)

In Christ Jesus
Chris

I lived in West Siloam Springs, which is the Oklahoma side, Siloam Springs being the Arkansas side. Beautiful State and I enjoyed the people, did most of my business in Arkansas.
Bless you dear brother, I appreciate the input you guys bring.

I am a female. That makes me your sister in Christ. :cool:

I plan to hike throughout the Ozarks in Arkansas. My Ozarks is in South Central Missouri.

@Noblemen,

In that same chapter, 2 Timothy 2, exhortation is made regarding being a vessel of honour, meet for the master's use and prepared unto every good work. It is not the pointing of the finger at others that should characterize us, but the examination of ourselves, to make sure that our own ministry, our own walk and witness, reflects the truth that is in Christ Jesus.(2:21). That we are not unwittingly leading others astray.

happy are ye:
neither be troubled;
with meekness and fear:
as of evildoers,
they may be ashamed

In Christ Jesus
Chris

I enjoy reading your posts, @Complete

Most excellent response. Thank you!:)

Yes, I enjoy fellowship! It's rough going at times.

Fellowship is something I hope to find here!

You had stated earlier that some people think they are saved and are not due to a misunderstanding of teachings about sin. Do you consider Christians adhere to any portion of the Law?

Wish I was an encyclopedic wordsmith skilled with a sense of humor. My humor is country grown--looking at the best of things, and coarse.

When I consider the sins of Israel, I recall these Scriptures:

Deuteronomy 29:4 (Concerning the Covenant)

Yet the LORD hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day.

Deuteronomy 29:14-15 (How All of Israel had to keep the Law in order not to be cursed)

Neither with you only do I make this covenant and this oath;

But with him that standeth here with us this day before the LORD our God, and also with him that is not here with us this day:

Israel receives all of the blessings and all of the curses, because not all of Israel can keep the Law. Only Jesus can complete the Father's will.

Yes only Jesus can complete the fathers will, he showed that during the 3 1/2 years he was on the earth. And where does Jesus now dwell?

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

It is Christ in us, working through us that we can obey. This Israel did not do because they had not faith. Consider, John 15, the parable of the vine and the branches, Jesus says,

John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

When we abide with Jesus, there is something we do, whether is abstaining from sin (works of the flesh) or manifesting the fruits of the spirit (works of God).

Rom 8 articulates this point but for brevity let's look at verse 7:

Rom 8: 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

With out the Holy Spirit, our mind is carnal. The Carnal mind is against God, and can never obey the law of God. But Paul says in verse 1 "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

You see the point? The implication of vs 6 and 1 is if the carnal mind is not subject to the law of God, then the inverse must also be true, the mind lead by the Spirit of God, that walks after the spirit, obeys the law of God. If sin manifest itself in us, that is because we were carnally minded.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 1 John 3:9

John 4:34

Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

Jesus said, "It is finished"

We rest in Jesus. Otherwise we are cursed if we adhere to the Law.

We do indeed rest in Jesus. We first receive this invitation in Matt 11:28.
Jesus says,

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Then our Lord says,

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Notice, it says his yoke is easy, and his burden is light. It does NOT say that there is no burden, and that there is no yoke to bear. That is evident because Jesus says, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. Matt 16:24

Therefore, the rest Jesus gives is from our own wicked works, which put on us the burden of sin, which Jesus took upon Himself. Now we walk with Jesus, whereas before we were walking on our own. We are not idle, we must still walk..

Galations 3:10

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

My actions as a Christian are supposed to be actions that are founded in Scripture, which will be tested by fire.

I maintain the Hebrews author was teaching us to share the gospel, especially to those who disbelieve.

Indeed, any action as a Christian that we do are called works. is it not?

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

This verse lets us know that anyone who does not continue int the law is cursed. He is letting us know we cannot earn our way to heaven. There is no amount of work that can get us there. We NEED Jesus. Incidentally, Paul brings up Abraham is the prior verses, which show us that Abraham was counted righteous because of his Faith. Now Abraham was given the ordinance of circumcision. Circumcision is not required today, but Abraham, who was saved by grace and is father of the faithful, dared not disobey. Why?

Blessings,
MoG

Last edited:
Is there another type of rest other than Jesus' completed work on the cross?

Yes, the ultimate rest when Jesus comes again;) When we enter the heavenly Canaan, the new Jerusalem.

We are on the precipice of that event! Let us labor to enter into that rest!

Blessings,
MoG

Yes, @ozarks,

We rest in Christ Jesus, our risen and glorified Saviour, Lord and Head:
and rejoice in His Finished work, His all-sufficient sacrifice on our behalf.

We are 'Complete in Christ', 'Accepted in the Beloved',
and' Holy and without blame before Him' - (in love),
because of that glorious finished work.

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
This Israel did not do because they had not faith.

I will read John 15.

I always see Jesus' glory when I read in the OT about those of Israel who had faith and praised the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit! When I read from the OT, I feel closer to my LORD Our Righteousness. I learn about the OT from Chuck Smith's sermons and Stephen Armstrong's Verse by Verse Ministry. I know how Israel is loved!

In my heart, where His Word lives, Jesus reigns.

I am a female. That makes me your sister in Christ. :cool:

I plan to hike throughout the Ozarks in Arkansas. My Ozarks is in South Central Missouri.

Well ok then lol pardon me. I've been in Lawton Oklahoma for about 5yrs now, I like it, Military town.
Very familiar with your area.

Most excellent response. Thank you!:)

Yes only Jesus can complete the fathers will, he showed that during the 3 1/2 years he was on the earth. And where does Jesus now dwell?

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

It is Christ in us, working through us that we can obey. This Israel did not do because they had not faith. Consider, John 15, the parable of the vine and the branches, Jesus says,

John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

When we abide with Jesus, there is something we do, whether is abstaining from sin (works of the flesh) or manifesting the fruits of the spirit (works of God).

Rom 8 articulates this point but for brevity let's look at verse 7:

Rom 8: 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

With out the Holy Spirit, our mind is carnal. The Carnal mind is against God, and can never obey the law of God. But Paul says in verse 1 "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

You see the point? The implication of vs 6 and 1 is if the carnal mind is not subject to the law of God, then the inverse must also be true, the mind lead by the Spirit of God, that walks after the spirit, obeys the law of God. If sin manifest itself in us, that is because we were carnally minded.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 1 John 3:9

We do indeed rest in Jesus. We first receive this invitation in Matt 11:28.
Jesus says,

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Then our Lord says,

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Notice, it says his yoke is easy, and his burden is light. It does NOT say that there is no burden, and that there is no yoke to bear. That is evident because Jesus says, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. Matt 16:24

Therefore, the rest Jesus gives is from our own wicked works, which put on us the burden of sin, which Jesus took upon Himself. Now we walk with Jesus, whereas before we were walking on our own. We are not idle, we must still walk..

Indeed, any action as a Christian that we do are called works. is it not?

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

This verse lets us know that anyone who does not continue int the law is cursed. He is letting us know we cannot earn our way to heaven. There is no amount of work that can get us there. We NEED Jesus. Incidentally, Paul brings up Abraham is the prior verses, which show us that Abraham was counted righteous because of his Faith. Now Abraham was given the ordinance of circumcision. Circumcision is not required today, but Abraham, who was saved by grace and is father of the faithful, dared not disobey. Why?

Blessings,
MoG
Amen and in this day and hour if you don't learn how to rest in Christ then it will be a hard and difficult time indeed.

We are being taught and more perfected in this area daily. It is so very awesome how He is teaching and perfecting our growth in resting in Him.

This is when we are the same (walking by Faith) in all situations. If tragedy comes near we don't have to run and try to get faith. No ! It is a daily life style being built daily and thus enabling us to be the same constantly day in and day out regardless of the situation.

There is great rest knowing and trusting in the written word of God to the point you can not be moved.
God is awesome
Blessings
FCJ

I will read John 15.

I always see Jesus' glory when I read in the OT about those of Israel who had faith and praised the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit! When I read from the OT, I feel closer to my LORD Our Righteousness. I learn about the OT from Chuck Smith's sermons and Stephen Armstrong's Verse by Verse Ministry. I know how Israel is loved!

In my heart, where His Word lives, Jesus reigns.
Amen!

Actually, I can share some mind blowing truths of Jesus types in the OT! Don't ever get me on the phone, I will talk your ear off:)

--MoG

@Noblemen,

happy are ye:
neither be troubled;
with meekness and fear:
as of evildoers,
they may be ashamed

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Good analogy Chris

I think many of these people who place heavy burdens on people are no different than those in Jesus time. Jesus said about them they stand at the gates of heaven they will not enter and they slam the door shut on any one who trys. There has been an unwritten rule you don't speak about preachers. That is a big problem to many false teachers in the church and no one will speak out against them. They are fast to judge the members but shy away from judging another pastor it's like belonging to a club. This is not what a house of God looks like. pastors are judge first and held to a higher standard. They should be the first one point at when something is wrong in the church. But rarely does this happen. Those in ministry have gotten big heads with big egos, and that is why America is where it is at now, it all started in the church.

Romans 14:4
Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Couple this with Matt 7:1
Judge not, that ye be not judged.

So we throw these out because God knows we have to point out others wrongs and blab blab about pastors and such?

What issues the right to judge a pastor false?

Most accusations come from folks that simply do not have understanding in an area and are Not teachable for their hearts and minds are made up.

Blessings my brother :)
FCJ

lol it's all good. Jesus said remove the log out of your own eye before trying to remove the speck. I thought you said i needed more study forgive me if that was not you. I do online ministry I go back and forth between many pages through out the day.
No problem. Lol I read my reply over and over and still could not find it.
Have a blessed night

Back