BIBLE DOCTRINE - WHAT IS IT????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I had a teacher who was like that Nun holding that yard stick between the two Blues brother, whacking them both alternately, until they fell down the stairs...

Yep, that was my first encounter with Christian evangelism...pray the sinners prayer, or else...!

MM
Yes sir.........Pray Through and get saved or get the belt! Some choice!

Altar calls, Dec. 25th as the Incarnation date, Communion, Sinners Prayer.

What about water baptism for salvation????? Is it an essential to be saved?

Yes, there are some verses that seem to indicate baptism as a requirement for salvation on 1st reading them. However, since the Bible so clearly tells us that salvation is received by faith alone, there must be a different interpretation of those verses so that Scripture does not contradict Scripture.

So then, if you say YES please explain why you think so Biblically so as not to exclude/contradict those Scriptures that do say that it is necessary.

I absolutly agree that we should always pray when we have doubts and concern but Explain how one prays through to be saved when they have no idea what it is that they are praying for?
ok look i have respect for you as a elder and elder pastor not as in elder age. lets clear the air no more off the wall questions plz. I never said pray through to be saved. it baffles me with some who feel you got to have a phd to understand the plan of salvation . peter said when he took his eyes off Jesus and started to sunk. he simply said Lord save me . Jesus reached down and did. i have yet to find any one certain type prayer to be saved.

the Bible says whosoever SHALL call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. my testimony i said God save me and He did..

the Philippian jailer said God sirs what must i do to be saved. believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you and your family will be saved :eek:

some folks cry at the altar . some are quite i was to freaked out to do any thing else. you asked what praying through was a old time preacher man once said pray through your doubt your unbelief your what ever. seek ye the Lord while he can be found call upon him while he is near/

if God through the Holy spirit has drawn a person HE can be found and he is near.
i cant help what type bad experience you had being dragged to the altar . if i am in a service and something like happens if i am pastor. rest assured at some point i would say something about that.

when i was going to church with my wife as a lost man. the pastor use to come beg plead with me to get saved. Bless his heart he ment well but was in the wrong. another man use to come by my on the way to the altar pray . would come by ask me if i wanted to go. wrong again.

if the Lord instructs you to go to a person that is one thing i am 199% freewill. that word alone gives a Calvinist heart burn .

i have took the time out to address you again. its like i told a pastor buddy of mine when he told me how he felt on a certain issue .

i told him that was between him and the Lord. if that was his conviction so be it i also told him there was things we didnt agree on but there was far more things we do agree with .than not since being in the ministry i have found many times. i had to stand on my own to feet and ride the storm out.

in another Church i was pastor out .i was having major headache problems with a woman who had a jezebel spirit. she tried telling me i couldn't serve communion. i set her straight real quick i could and i would. she fussed with me .

i went to my Brother who has been a pastor longer than me. he gave advice i tried it. did not work only got worse.

i will discuss disagreements but there comes a time and place as harry Truman sign on his desk said the buck stops here . have a good night we dont agree on the Altar call

ok look i have respect for you as a elder and elder pastor not as in elder age. lets clear the air no more off the wall questions plz. I never said pray through to be saved. it baffles me with some who feel you got to have a phd to understand the plan of salvation . peter said when he took his eyes off Jesus and started to sunk. he simply said Lord save me . Jesus reached down and did. i have yet to find any one certain type prayer to be saved.

the Bible says whosoever SHALL call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. my testimony i said God save me and He did..

the Philippian jailer said God sirs what must i do to be saved. believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you and your family will be saved :eek:

some folks cry at the altar . some are quite i was to freaked out to do any thing else. you asked what praying through was a old time preacher man once said pray through your doubt your unbelief your what ever. seek ye the Lord while he can be found call upon him while he is near/

if God through the Holy spirit has drawn a person HE can be found and he is near.
i cant help what type bad experience you had being dragged to the altar . if i am in a service and something like happens if i am pastor. rest assured at some point i would say something about that.

when i was going to church with my wife as a lost man. the pastor use to come beg plead with me to get saved. Bless his heart he ment well but was in the wrong. another man use to come by my on the way to the altar pray . would come by ask me if i wanted to go. wrong again.

if the Lord instructs you to go to a person that is one thing i am 199% freewill. that word alone gives a Calvinist heart burn .

i have took the time out to address you again. its like i told a pastor buddy of mine when he told me how he felt on a certain issue .

i told him that was between him and the Lord. if that was his conviction so be it i also told him there was things we didnt agree on but there was far more things we do agree with .than not since being in the ministry i have found many times. i had to stand on my own to feet and ride the storm out.

in another Church i was pastor out .i was having major headache problems with a woman who had a jezebel spirit. she tried telling me i couldn't serve communion. i set her straight real quick i could and i would. she fussed with me .

i went to my Brother who has been a pastor longer than me. he gave advice i tried it. did not work only got worse.

i will discuss disagreements but there comes a time and place as harry Truman sign on his desk said the buck stops here . have a good night we dont agree on the Altar call
I wish I could understand why you feel the need to be so combative and confrontational over issues discussed. There is no need to tell me what you respect or do not respect. ALL men's actions and words speak for themselves. The bottom line my dear friend is that it makes ZERO difference TO ME personally.

Can that man do the same thing in the middle of the Ocean.....YES!
Can he do it in the middle of his living room.....................................YES.
Can he do it in his back yard...................................................................YES!

Now....YES, some people cry at the altar.
YES.....God saves all who call upon Him no matter where they are.
But that is not the point!

The only point here is that if and when at a church service a pastor askes if there is anyone in attendance that feels the need to come to Christ and be saved.....walk down front to the altar and we will talk with you. AT THAT POINT, it is where the gospel is explained to that person who is already convicted of his sin is lead to the CURE for his sin. He then leads that man in a prayer of repentance and acceptance.

YOU are free to believe as you wish and that is OK. with me. The difference is, I am not going to challenge your opinion.

All I am saying, is that it is helpful if the “Sinner’s Prayer” is said because it boils down to the Scriptural response one must have toward the Gospel and gives him an opportunity to voice his belief and confession to God. For this reason, I believe it’s a good thing to encourage someone whose eyes are opened to the Gospel to respond in prayer to God.

You said............
" i have yet to find any one certain type prayer to be saved."

God said in Romans 10:9-10............
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Always nice to talk with you.

I wish I could understand why you feel the need to be so combative and confrontational over issues discussed
hold the press brother .since being in this forum i have watched and read your post with great interest . your fairly combative and confrontational your self . . lets both look in the mirror i am combative that is my nature in discussion.. But its not meant to be either way . ina forum its how i post.

our point of disagreement is the use of the altar and leading folks in a prayer to be saved repeat these words after me.

i have been in services like that it makes me cringe . Let the Holy spirit speak and draw. if they dont know what to say help them out. but let them be one who says it. not a repeat after me prayer. i am a big fan of new convert classes and even after the prayed at teh altaar where ever the prayed at. take them by them selves or even as a group . explain a few things i have seen to many do the repeat aafter me like being sworn into a office . they never go back to church.

if i sound combative or confrontational i am sorry but certain things i am very serious on. in my early years i did youth Church i had a mini church upstairs altar and a pulpit. i preached jesus and i preached the real world i would have middle age kids come forward wanting to be saved. i sent for the pastor let HIM explain the plan of salvation . i would not have anyone saying i was making them kids come forward.

did they get saved? i sure hope so but i am not the judge. lets not take each other words out of context . i am old school like you only i came up through the HolyGhost school of hard knocks.

my old way of life was if one didnt like it that was to bad. you are from a different generation and you have got some education my hats off to you.

our worlds and natures are different . were both passionate in our ministry. yes we may but heads in disagreement on certain subjects . we have more to agree with than disagree . you stand on your core belief and i stand by mine

hold the press brother .since being in this forum i have watched and read your post with great interest . your fairly combative and confrontational your self . . lets both look in the mirror i am combative that is my nature in discussion.. But its not meant to be either way . ina forum its how i post.

our point of disagreement is the use of the altar and leading folks in a prayer to be saved repeat these words after me.

i have been in services like that it makes me cringe . Let the Holy spirit speak and draw. if they dont know what to say help them out. but let them be one who says it. not a repeat after me prayer. i am a big fan of new convert classes and even after the prayed at teh altaar where ever the prayed at. take them by them selves or even as a group . explain a few things i have seen to many do the repeat aafter me like being sworn into a office . they never go back to church.

if i sound combative or confrontational i am sorry but certain things i am very serious on. in my early years i did youth Church i had a mini church upstairs altar and a pulpit. i preached jesus and i preached the real world i would have middle age kids come forward wanting to be saved. i sent for the pastor let HIM explain the plan of salvation . i would not have anyone saying i was making them kids come forward.

did they get saved? i sure hope so but i am not the judge. lets not take each other words out of context . i am old school like you only i came up through the HolyGhost school of hard knocks.

my old way of life was if one didnt like it that was to bad. you are from a different generation and you have got some education my hats off to you.

our worlds and natures are different . were both passionate in our ministry. yes we may but heads in disagreement on certain subjects . we have more to agree with than disagree . you stand on your core belief and i stand by mine
That is YOUR personal opinion. I have never ever been talked to or communicated by the mods that to that I am combative or confrontational.

YOU just said...........
" i am combative that is my nature in discussion".

That is exactly what I said to you so we both agree. I do not think that blameing ME should be the focus of any conversation on this as all i did was agree with you in what you stated.

So Now........lets end this nonesense now! We will be nice and respectfull as the Lord commands us to be. If we can not do that, then we need to not be talking to each other again.

That is YOUR personal opinion. I have never ever been talked to or communicated by the mods that to that I am combative or confrontational.
sigh throw the bay out with the bath water.. you are defensive . i dont blame you we just dont agree on the attar in the words of Christ it is finished

you take the beam out of your eye and i will take the beam out of mine..

sigh throw the bay out with the bath water.. you are defensive . i dont blame you we just dont agree on the attar in the words of Christ it is finished

you take the beam out of your eye and i will take the beam out of mine..
No sir....Just observant.

What is a "bay"?

There is nothing to blame me for my friend.

Correct...I do not agree with your opinion and that should be the end of the conversation.

YOU just said...........
" i am combative that is my nature in discussion".

Enough said, Now shall we move on to something else......please.

probably going have a mod step in after this quote rep[ly so your saying i have?
the bay should be baby i never asked you to agree with me . i tried being polite it got me no place. sorry i just dont tiptoe around subjects i dont agree with. i refuse to wave my hands at the crowd pronounce them them holy like the pope maybe some one will agree with you

probably going have a mod step in after this quote rep[ly so your saying i have?
the bay should be baby i never asked you to agree with me . i tried being polite it got me no place. sorry i just dont tiptoe around subjects i dont agree with. i refuse to wave my hands at the crowd pronounce them them holy like the pope maybe some one will agree with you

Please.........have the last word and lets move on!

This thread is LOCKED pending content review.

Please work out this on-going differences issue among yourselves by PM's.

`

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back