Bible Math: Jesus = [Grace + Truth] Love

If you look closely; Jesus approached every situation with Grace first, but also expounded truth to the group or individual to whom he was speaking. Both of these actions were done in 'Love' ('Agape': divine/ sacrificial "love", sometimes thought of as 'unconditional love'); but neither 'Truth' or 'Grace' operate independently when done in Christ through the Spirit.

EXAMPLE: John 8: 1-11

Grace: John 8:7 ....He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Truth: John 8:11 ...Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Please share your favorite example from the Bible...

I have an example; I hope I'm correct.

Grace: When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.” So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly. Luke 19:5

Truth: Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.” Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.” Luke 19:8-10

I have another example, but it's Truth before Grace. I could be wrong so please feel free to correct me. :)

Truth (John 13:38)
Then Jesus answered, "Will you really lay down your life for me? Very truly I tell you, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times!

Grace (John 21:15)
When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”
“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”

I think the Restoration of Peter is a great example of Truth and Grace as well.

Thank you all; the point is that we have to remember that real 'truth' comes from God and that we cannot separate truth from who God is nor can we separate that we are revealed as sinful by the truth. We need to be careful in this current state of the Church that we don't ignore God's truth while promoting His Grace.Both His Grace and Truth go hand in hand.

There is a marriage between grace and truth in love; so why do we so often ignore God's Truth under the guise of tolerance?

Thank you all; the point is that we have to remember that real 'truth' comes from God and that we cannot separate truth from who God is nor can we separate that we are revealed as sinful by the truth. We need to be careful in this current state of the Church that we don't ignore God's truth while promoting His Grace.Both His Grace and Truth go hand in hand.

There is a marriage between grace and truth in love; so why do we so often ignore God's Truth under the guise of tolerance?

Would you please give an example of how God's Truth is ignored under the guise of tolerance, please.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Would you please give an example of how God's Truth is ignored under the guise of tolerance, please.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Compromising His word for anything. People today think Jesus preached acceptance and He did not.

Tolerating sin as walking in grace.
Example.....church must allow other religious groups (immigrants) who bring their fake gods with them and demand the right to worship to worship in their buildings.

I know Chris it sounds far fetched but I actually saw pastors and Christians demonstrating against some churches who refused to give in. Nothing but sad.
Blessings
FCJ

I think Fish Catcher Jim is in a viable stream....sorry couldn't help myself...

I also see that there are many people who think they are Christian and there are many wolves in sheep's clothing.

We also have to establish how we approach brethren verses how we approach unbelievers. This is not any easy issue to expose; especially in the current state of the church. All brothers and sisters in Christ should be able to find common ground in Christ. But when many christs are preached; confusion ensues.

I think Fish Catcher Jim is in a viable stream....sorry couldn't help myself...

I also see that there are many people who think they are Christian and there are many wolves in sheep's clothing.

We also have to establish how we approach brethren verses how we approach unbelievers. This is not any easy issue to expose; especially in the current state of the church. All brothers and sisters in Christ should be able to find common ground in Christ. But when many christs are preached; confusion ensues.

Hello there,

I get the feeling that you are holding back, and are not speaking plainly, Mike. I therefore do not fully understand what you are saying here. What does, 'a viable stream', mean, for example. Why use veiled language? what is everyone afraid of? it would seem that political correctness is making everyone shrink away from speaking the truth plainly!

I praise God, that He did not mince words, He said just exactly what He meant and meant just exactly what He said. At least you know where you are with God's Word.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

What does, 'a viable stream', mean, for example. Why use veiled language? what is everyone afraid of? it would seem that political correctness is making everyone shrink away from speaking the truth plainly!

What is written is understandable. What does political correctness have to do with anything? It's a worldly view and action and is opposed to the written Word of God for the most part.

'viable
capable of working successfully; feasible.
"the proposed investment was economically viable"
synonyms: feasible, workable, practicable, practical, usable, possible, realistic, achievable, attainable, realizable;

"it sounds like a viable solution"

Stream.....where fish swim, live etc.
It's called being funny, silly and putting laughter in hearts.

Have a blessed day
FCJ

Fish Catcher Jim
Cturtle

I had asked a straight question, and expected to receive a straight answer. All I got was meaningless waffle, but it obviously means something to you two, so that's fine.

:)
Greetings Chris,
This is getting old.
You asked and made some comments about Brother_Mike_V reply.

I gave you definition to what you questioned.

You also asked
Why use veiled language? what is everyone afraid of? it would seem that political correctness is making everyone shrink away from speaking the truth plainly!

Chris,

He did not use veiled language. ..
Apparently he used a word in which you did not know. So would it not been better all the way around to just Google the word and see what it meant, instead of making a fuss over it?

People are speaking truth, you can accept this or not and that is your right. However one does not need to get an attitude just because one does not agree.

Now then as for your meaningless waffle, comment, You are forgiven.

Now Chris, in all truth, you would have been quite upset if I or any one else would have said this to you about a reply of yours.
So Please respect others as you reply.
Again Have a wonderfully blessed day
Blessings
FCJ

Greetings Chris,
This is getting old.
You asked and made some comments about Brother_Mike_V reply.

I gave you definition to what you questioned.

You also asked
Why use veiled language? what is everyone afraid of? it would seem that political correctness is making everyone shrink away from speaking the truth plainly!

Chris,

He did not use veiled language. ..
Apparently he used a word in which you did not know. So would it not been better all the way around to just Google the word and see what it meant, instead of making a fuss over it?

People are speaking truth, you can accept this or not and that is your right. However one does not need to get an attitude just because one does not agree.

Now then as for your meaningless waffle, comment, You are forgiven.

Now Chris, in all truth, you would have been quite upset if I or any one else would have said this to you about a reply of yours.
So Please respect others as you reply.
Again Have a wonderfully blessed day
Blessings
FCJ
I did not seek forgiveness, Fish Catcher Jim.
Your constant interference is unnecessary.

This is where I say goodbye to the forum.
Enough is enough.

Complete

Ah hem....

Well I see things are a bit touchy; is there some history here we need to overcome?

Complete: by no means did I mean to veil anything; if you took it that way I apologize. I was merely agreeing with Fish Catcher Jim in a slightly whimsical way. A "viable stream" is just simply a good place to fish- I was playing off of his screen name.

So if you read the post I agreed with; and then I elaborated in continuation with the rest of my post you will see the overall meaning of this thread is that we need to have both Grace and Truth. But it is becoming apparent that we push truth aside and promote only the grace of Christ.

We as a Church need to approach each other AND unbelievers in grace speaking the truth boldly IN love. That's the challenge: Learning to be graceful AND truthful IN the Love of Christ.

Ah hem....

Well I see things are a bit touchy; is there some history here we need to overcome?

Complete: by no means did I mean to veil anything; if you took it that way I apologize. I was merely agreeing with Fish Catcher Jim in a slightly whimsical way. A "viable stream" is just simply a good place to fish- I was playing off of his screen name.

So if you read the post I agreed with; and then I elaborated in continuation with the rest of my post you will see the overall meaning of this thread is that we need to have both Grace and Truth. But it is becoming apparent that we push truth aside and promote only the grace of Christ.

We as a Church need to approach each other AND unbelievers in grace speaking the truth boldly IN love. That's the challenge: Learning to be graceful AND truthful IN the Love of Christ.

Good thought........and yes, there has been some "tension."

Since I see this thread has died; I just want to add: we need to be bold enough to call sin 'sin' and not shy away from God's Word (that doesn't change) because the 'culture' finds God's Word inconvenient.

Another good thought!

When we refuse to discuss sin and its ramifications we open the door to political correctness which is usually not the truth at all.

Back