Bible Study

Hey Zaydenn;

That's a great question. Three answers that may help as tips.

1. Before starting a Bible study with your group, pray with everyone and ask God what book in the Bible He wants everyone in your group to study.

2. If you are looking for a Bible study to attend, pray and ask God where He wants to send you.

3. An idea of study would be the book of Mark which was written to the Romans.

Whichever tip may help, include snacks and drinks for hanging out before and after.

I don't know if these are the tips you were asking but if so, I hope this helps you.

God bless you, Zaydenn, your family and Merry Christmas.

Great question.

Here are a couple of guidelines before starting any study.

1. It's important to pray first. We are reading God's words and it is God who leads us to understand them.
  2. Context is also important. At the very least you want to read the scriptures around a particular verse. Better to read the chapter. In time one can develop a general context which is of the entire bible.

Have a notebook and write down any questions or thoughts or verses as you read to help you remember.

Even if you don't go back and read them, the act of writing things down helps develop muscle memory. Also its much better to write things down than go over it and reflect rather than everyone talking at once.

Some Bibles have extra space that you can write notes in, or draw pictures.

Have a notebook and write down any questions or thoughts or verses as you read to help you remember.

Even if you don't go back and read them, the act of writing things down helps develop muscle memory. Also its much better to write things down than go over it and reflect rather than everyone talking at once.

We each have to discover what works best for us. The how is not so important, as actually developing the habit and the plan of study.

I keep extensive notes and my questions get incorporated in the notes. For several years I kept my notes on paper which to this day I refer back to. Today my notes are on the computer where it is easier to review and add to. To give you an idea I have approximately 300 pages of notes organized on the topic of faith.

cp

Hey Lanolin;

It was in January 2017 when I started using a laptop in class to take notes.

For years I always wrote down my notes whether in class or Bible study and still have all my notebooks. I found that writing helped me with memory.

I was going to say something else but I forgot. lol!

Hey Lanolin;

It was in January 2017 when I started using a laptop in class to take notes.

For years I always wrote down my notes whether in class or Bible study and still have all my notebooks. I found that writing helped me with memory.

I was going to say something else but I forgot. lol!

Do you occasionally refer back to your notes? The nice thing about the computer is that you can add to the notes or use it as starting point for other studies.

Do you occasionally refer back to your notes? The nice thing about the computer is that you can add to the notes or use it as starting point for other studies.

Hello Chuck;

Yes, as far as my written notebooks 2004 - 2017, I refer back to the notes that are highlighted. The notes on my laptop (2017) have titles and subtitles.

This system took me years of experimenting and today works for me but am always finding new ways to organize my notes. I've taken this to help others organize their work and time management.

God bless you and Happy New Year.

My primary reason for switching to the computer was to greatly ease my organization. I have a system for my hard copy notes and have slowly been incorporating them to my computer files.

I also have handwritten notes in an old Bible (well worn) that referenced many subjects and bringing scriptures together. I used that Bible a long time and would hate to see it go.

cp

I only use my laptop at home I don't bring it to church.
I once did this online bible study but the site crashed and wouldn't let me in so I lost all the questions and things learned.

Back