Biblical correction?

I have been attending a church for the last 13 years that I absolutely love.The pastor's daughter and I are friends and confide in one another. ABOUT 8 years ago I was pregnant with my now 7 year old son.My pastor's daughter was also pregnant as well.She confided in me that she wanted to get an abortion and I vehemently encouraged her not to get an abortion.She agreed and the next time I spoke with her, she said something along the lines of God wanting her to get an abortion.I was really confused as to why she would believe that GOD would want her to get an abortion.I was left confused with a heavy heart until she dropped th bombshell telling me that my pastor instructed her to get an abortion.I am a pro-life Christian and this still bothers me till this very day.I have wreslted with the biblical way to address this situation.I spoke with my husband about the situation years ago and he didn't have much guidance to offer on the subject and everyone else that I speak.with seems to be dismissive as if it's not really a big deal.I would appreciate any biblical advice on the matter.

Thank God you have your son...
you said you are friends with the person and still attend church ..
my only way of thinking is that she confided in you...you gave a loving response..
you must again do that...
keep that confidence.....your walk with the Holy Spirit will enable you to do this....
Jesus knows all...

I have been attending a church for the last 13 years that I absolutely love.The pastor's daughter and I are friends and confide in one another. ABOUT 8 years ago I was pregnant with my now 7 year old son.My pastor's daughter was also pregnant as well.She confided in me that she wanted to get an abortion and I vehemently encouraged her not to get an abortion.She agreed and the next time I spoke with her, she said something along the lines of God wanting her to get an abortion.I was really confused as to why she would believe that GOD would want her to get an abortion.I was left confused with a heavy heart until she dropped the bombshell telling me that my pastor instructed her to get an abortion.I am a pro-life Christian and this still bothers me till this very day.I have wreslted with the biblical way to address this situation.I spoke with my husband about the situation years ago and he didn't have much guidance to offer on the subject and everyone else that I speak.with seems to be dismissive as if it's not really a big deal.I would appreciate any biblical advice on the matter.

Hello Jimesejones;

First of all, may God reveal His glory for your eight children, honor you and your husband's stewardship as a mother and father.

Pregnancy and abortion have always been very complicated, distinguishing between God's Creation, His Word and the world's view of pro choice.

The pastor who may have instructed his daughter to get an abortion and his daughter who feels God instructed her, both Christians, are still human beings who may compromise their ministry and make decisions of this magnitude that impacts the pastor, his daughter, and their family.

Others, whether believers or not, will argue on behalf of the pastor and his daughter based on the daughter's circumstances that got her pregnant.

Again, pregnancy and abortion has always been a very complicated matter and still is today.

Psalm 9:18, 18 For the needy shall not always be forgotten, and the hope of the poor shall not perish forever.

Jimesejones,
your hope for your friend is choosing what God has promised in all impossible circumstances and will reveal His glory through His faithfulness.

Here is my encouragement for you. Please continue to love your friend and be there for her. You are her sister in Christ, and that is as much as God would want you to be. But you need to pray God will do what He will do for His shepherd - pastor and his daughter.

I'm committing to be in prayer with you regarding your friend and her Dad.

God bless
you, Jimesejones, your husband and your children.

I have been attending a church for the last 13 years that I absolutely love.The pastor's daughter and I are friends and confide in one another. ABOUT 8 years ago I was pregnant with my now 7 year old son.My pastor's daughter was also pregnant as well.She confided in me that she wanted to get an abortion and I vehemently encouraged her not to get an abortion.She agreed and the next time I spoke with her, she said something along the lines of God wanting her to get an abortion.I was really confused as to why she would believe that GOD would want her to get an abortion.I was left confused with a heavy heart until she dropped th bombshell telling me that my pastor instructed her to get an abortion.I am a pro-life Christian and this still bothers me till this very day.I have wreslted with the biblical way to address this situation.I spoke with my husband about the situation years ago and he didn't have much guidance to offer on the subject and everyone else that I speak.with seems to be dismissive as if it's not really a big deal.I would appreciate any biblical advice on the matter.
Hi JJ and welcome to CFS. Abortions are a non negotiable, no compromise topic with me. Yet, there are no perfect pastors and no perfect friends. That being said, I'll pray about your situation.

Back