Biblical Meditation

Biblical Meditation

What do you think about this? There are a few verses in the Bible that speak of this. Here they are...

Pslam 4:4- Tremble, and do not sin; Meditate in your heart upon your bed, and be still.

Psalm 1:2- But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night.

Joshua 1:8- This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success.

Psalm 143:5- I remember the days of old; I meditate on all Thy doings; I muse on the work of Thy hands.

Psalm 63:6- When I remember Thee on my bed, I meditate on Thee in the night watches

Drop your opinions.

Yes I undertsnad and know that. But to me, "meditation" implies to me prolonged prayer. And some of the verses and wordings of them are interesting and makes you wonder, like this one..

Pslam 4:4- Tremble, and do not sin; Meditate in your heart upon your bed, and be still.

to meditate is to ponder over God's Word. To talk to Him about it,ask for insight. To ask that the Holy Spirit will reveal it to you.

You can even drive in your car and meditate. It's not a strange weird thing like the eastern religions do it.

In Buddism, you meditate to achieve a higher level of consciousness. But, meditation itself is simply a form of concentration. And it's WHAT you are concentrating on that is good/bad. Concentrate on God, on the Word of God, and sometimes, things will just kinda come to you.

Good Things to meditate:
The Bible
God
Rainbows

Bad things to meditate:
Spiritualism
Buddah
Navels

Banarenth, I don't think it is a good thing just to meditate on anything, even when it is good, like a rainbow. I think just to meditate on who God is, like you said and the Word of God - scriptures in the Word of God.

You are missing my point. But, since I now must validate what I said, I chose rainbows because God created rainbows as a promise to us never to flood the world to wipe out human civilization again. I thought it was appropriate, and I needed a third thing for my very silly list.

Back