Biblically Speaking

In our time there appear many false preachers and leaders who are blind. Good thing, glory to God, we have the Bible so we cannot be misled by them.

God knows that this will happen that’s why he commanded us to try every spirit, not just believing to those who preach in the name of Jesus. How.

If what they are saying, teachings, doctrines etc are biblical.

I Cor. 14:37 (KJV) If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

No more no less

I Cor. 4:6 (RSV) … that ye may learn in us not to go beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up in favor of one against another

We must follow His doctrines

John 7:17 (KJV) If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Just like the RCC (Roman Catholic Church) they’ve added different erroneous and non biblical teachings such us Rosary, sign of the cross, limbo, purgatory, mass, all saints day, all soul’s day, infallibility of pope, etc. which has no biblical basis.
Let us not be carried by them and to other who claim themselves to be the true church by reading the scriptures.
Gb!

It is true we need to watch out for false doctrines; just be careful of attacking any particular group or denomination. I don't want to see you get banned. There are plenty of peoples in all faiths that are saved-some misguided more than others for sure; but we simple humans do not have the ability to judge the heart. That's God's job.

1 Corinthians 12

So sorry I’m not attacking the RCC. I just gave an example. They are not biblical. This is what I mean. Thank you.
Yes. We have no ability to judge the heart. And I do not judge the heart by writing this.
one strict prohibition of the Bible is for us to accept his words. Nothing to added or taken away.
Rev. 22:18-19
Jeremiah 26:2
Prov. 30:5-6
I just put the verses. I think it is not bad to write em because it is true.

So sorry I’m not attacking the RCC. I just gave an example. They are not biblical. This is what I mean. Thank you.
Yes. We have no ability to judge the heart. And I do not judge the heart by writing this.
one strict prohibition of the Bible is for us to accept his words. Nothing to added or taken away.
Rev. 22:18-19
Jeremiah 26:2
Prov. 30:5-6
I just put the verses. I think it is not bad to write em because it is true.

I think we all dislike scripture that goes against our sin nature. :eek:

That's why we are to be dependent on the Lord spiritually. :)

We also have to learn how to be honest with ourselves enough to admit to the Lord when we are wrong! :D

Reanne, Hello.
I heard it said once not to me specifically, though the moral is good. "When you find the perfect church, don't join it or you will ruin it"
Eph 4:11 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers,
Eph 4:12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,
Eph 4:13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,
Eph 4:14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes.
We need to trust the Lord. He has placed certain ones in positions of spiritual authority over us for our own good.
Yes, we need to discern what is right, but we are not called to crusade against God ordained authority.
Heb 13:17 Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.
Heb 13:18 Pray for us, for we are sure that we have a clear conscience, desiring to act honorably in all things.
We should pray for those who have been entrusted with our spiritual development. There is something somewhat paradoxical about prayer.........Praying in love for someone even if you think they are wrong, will bring you a fresh insight into that person...and that fresh insight, that new perspective will come to you from the Lord.

Reanne, Hello.
I heard it said once not to me specifically, though the moral is good. "When you find the perfect church, don't join it or you will ruin it"
Eph 4:11 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers,
Eph 4:12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,
Eph 4:13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,
Eph 4:14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes.
We need to trust the Lord. He has placed certain ones in positions of spiritual authority over us for our own good.
Yes, we need to discern what is right, but we are not called to crusade against God ordained authority.
Heb 13:17 Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.
Heb 13:18 Pray for us, for we are sure that we have a clear conscience, desiring to act honorably in all things.
We should pray for those who have been entrusted with our spiritual development. There is something somewhat paradoxical about prayer.........Praying in love for someone even if you think they are wrong, will bring you a fresh insight into that person...and that fresh insight, that new perspective will come to you from the Lord.

Just as sure as what you said is the answer to the person who says he does not want to join the church and be a hypocrite.......
"What's one more"!

Just as sure as what you said is the answer to the person who says he does not want to join the church and be a hypocrite.......
"What's one more"!
Yes either way there is a judgmental attitude floating around in there someplace.

Which is right? To say there is no Limbo in the scriptures or there is ?
I did not judge rcc this way. It is in fact the rcc who judge!

RCC..png

Is it right?
I think many religions would disagree here

I think this is turning into an anti rcc RCC-Roman Catholic Church rant. I have met many ex-Roman Catholics, mainly because they came to an understanding of the Scriptures....

I agree with Calvin, that praying with love for others is good for all, especially the pray-er. The Catholics are rooted in the Jewish religion and the 41,000 + Protestant denominations come out of both. I don't see cluttering the verbal landscape with "dissing" this or that section gets us anywhere but anger, misunderstanding and hurt feelings. Biblically Speaking?

(Lev 19:34)
as the native among you, so shall be the alien who is staying with you; and you shall love him as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt; I am Jehovah your God.

(Zec 8:17)
and let each devise no evil in your heart against his neighbor, and do not love a false oath. For all these I hate, says Jehovah.

(Mat 5:44)
but I say to you, Love your enemies; bless those cursing you, do well to those hating you; and pray for those abusing and persecuting you,
(Luk 6:27)
But I say to you, Those hearing: Love the ones hostile to you, do good to those hating you,
(Luk 6:35)
But love the ones hostile to you, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be much; and you will be sons of the Most High, for He is kind to the unthankful and evil ones.

(Rom 15:30)
But I exhort you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ, and by the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in your prayers to God on my behalf,
(2Co 8:7)
But even as you abound in everything, in faith, and in word, and in knowledge, and in all earnestness, and in your love in us, that you also should abound in this grace.
(2Co 8:8)
I do not speak according to command, but through the earnestness of others and testing the trueness of your love.

(Eph 1:15)
Because of this, hearing of your faith in the Lord Jesus and love toward all the saints,
(Php 1:9)
And this I pray, that your love may yet abound more and more in full knowledge and all perception,
(Col 1:4)
hearing of your faith in Christ Jesus and the love toward all the saints,
(Heb 6:10)
For God is not unjust, to forget your work and the labor of love which you showed to His name, ministering to the saints, and now are ministering.
(1Pe 1:22)
Having purified your souls in the obedience of the truth through the Spirit to unpretended brotherly love, love one another fervently out of a pure heart,

Back