big bang theory and the black hole question

ok, so my husband of 19 yrs is not a christian and he asked me questions about God and satan and power. Then he said i should study the big bang and the black hole. He is very smart. But how do i respond to that. You guys are smart please help

Angela - One of the frequently quoted studies comparing science and scripture is located in the link below. You may draw your own conclusions from this article and may your studies be rewarding.

(Disclaimer: Since an author's work is not being quoted directly due to Copyright laws, the link below is being placed here for external reading as one of many opinions on the subject. However, we caution CFS members that the linked site does accept donations for their organization, so use discernment while visiting this site.)

Link >>> https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/133-big-bang-theory-vs-gods-word-the

Then he said i should study the big bang and the black hole.
It is really difficult to know how to engage a person this way.
Having said that, perhaps he will be open to accepting his own challenge by studying the Bible with you.
The Big bang theory is just that......a theory.
Science is full of so much speculation and so little known fact that it can only ask more and more questions without really answering the most important one.
As for black holes, they are beginning to realize that they are not so black after all.

The Bible is not and never was written as a science text book, but rather a guide to faith in the entity (God) behind the science.
The point is that science attempts to describe the physical universe in which we live, the Bible describes some things about the person behind the universe and our relationship to Him and our responsibility to Him and to each other.
Just as faith in the Lord does not disprove the universe He created, neither does that universe disprove its creator.
Hope this can help in some small way.

ok, so my husband of 19 yrs is not a christian and he asked me questions about God and satan and power. Then he said i should study the big bang and the black hole. He is very smart. But how do i respond to that. You guys are smart please help
Sister Angela333, God created the world(s) for the purpose of man to "study" it. For then in God is revealed in a way spiritual dead men can see with their own physical eyes, which is why the "Heavens declare the Glory of God". True science and the Bible should never contradict it self. If it does then that means either our science is wrong, or our believing is wrong. Man's "theories" without solid proof is a big problem in this world, which is why some scientist, and Christians disagree.

Rom 1:20.. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Notice is says, "invisible things can be seen, by looking at the things made" The universe is simply a huge "visual aid" given unto man so he could get some kind of understand of the invisible realm were God lives. Notice at the end of this scripture is says, "even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" God is revealed in his creation, if we study it and look for it with our hearts.

As for the "big bang" theory, something had to explode. Thing just don't explode on their own. There had to be something there to explode. Even the smartest people in the world do not have a clue to what exploded. All they know is there was an explosion. As a Believer, we know better it Was God who brought all things into being by his Word. Whether there was an explosion when God said "let there be light" or not makes no difference as his Word is quick, and powerful to bring into existence something from nothing.

Angela - One of the frequently quoted studies comparing science and scripture is located in the link below. You may draw your own conclusions from this article and may your studies be rewarding.

(Disclaimer: Since an author's work is not being quoted directly due to Copyright laws, the link below is being placed here for external reading as one of many opinions on the subject. However, we caution CFS members that the linked site does accept donations for their organization, so use discernment while visiting this site.)

Link >>> https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/133-big-bang-theory-vs-gods-word-the
thank you Pastor Gary!

It is really difficult to know how to engage a person this way.
Having said that, perhaps he will be open to accepting his own challenge by studying the Bible with you.
The Big bang theory is just that......a theory.
Science is full of so much speculation and so little known fact that it can only ask more and more questions without really answering the most important one.
As for black holes, they are beginning to realize that they are not so black after all.

The Bible is not and never was written as a science text book, but rather a guide to faith in the entity (God) behind the science.
The point is that science attempts to describe the physical universe in which we live, the Bible describes some things about the person behind the universe and our relationship to Him and our responsibility to Him and to each other.
Just as faith in the Lord does not disprove the universe He created, neither does that universe disprove its creator.
Hope this can help in some small way.
This is good, I especially like the part about the person behind the universe.
My husband will not read the bible. He talks about all the bad stuff the religious people do, the killings in history.

Sister Angela333, God created the world(s) for the purpose of man to "study" it. For then in God is revealed in a way spiritual dead men can see with their own physical eyes, which is why the "Heavens declare the Glory of God". True science and the Bible should never contradict it self. If it does then that means either our science is wrong, or our believing is wrong. Man's "theories" without solid proof is a big problem in this world, which is why some scientist, and Christians disagree.

Rom 1:20.. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Notice is says, "invisible things can be seen, by looking at the things made" The universe is simply a huge "visual aid" given unto man so he could get some kind of understand of the invisible realm were God lives. Notice at the end of this scripture is says, "even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" God is revealed in his creation, if we study it and look for it with our hearts.

As for the "big bang" theory, something had to explode. Thing just don't explode on their own. There had to be something there to explode. Even the smartest people in the world do not have a clue to what exploded. All they know is there was an explosion. As a Believer, we know better it Was God who brought all things into being by his Word. Whether there was an explosion when God said "let there be light" or not makes no difference as his Word is quick, and powerful to bring into existence something from nothing.
This is so good I am going to memorize it, thank you, thank you

Also i wasn't trying to teach my husband because he is suppose to teach me and i know God is big enough to take care of him, but he ask me about God and satan, and power. So i was just trying to answer him. My understanding is all the power is in the air, satan knew that, so, he is there, if i'm wrong please say so. But also God gave us power to rule the earth, all our thoughts and what we say and hear is in the air and move and shapes the earth. Maybe i'm not saying it right, but i say this to my husband then he throws out the big bang theory and the black hole and says go study it. I said to him like only 5 minute later, "do you remember what i said about what you asked" he say "no". But i will go study . . .

I LOOOOOVE science and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the word of God! The word of God is 100% accurate, science, not so much, but that doesn't make it evil because science is actually following the word of God:

Prov 25:2-3 KJV
[It is] the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings [is] to search out a matter. The heaven for height, and the earth for depth, and the heart of kings [is] unsearchable.​

And science is nothing more than trying to understand God's creation (even if they deny Him)

Prov 6:6 KJV
Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:​

The word of God is chocked full of scientific discoveries and understandings. Here is a great summary of some discoveries:

http://www.eternal-productions.org/101science.html

I LOOOOOVE science and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the word of God! The word of God is 100% accurate, science, not so much, but that doesn't make it evil because science is actually following the word of God:

Prov 25:2-3 KJV
[It is] the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings [is] to search out a matter. The heaven for height, and the earth for depth, and the heart of kings [is] unsearchable.​

And science is nothing more than trying to understand God's creation (even if they deny Him)

Prov 6:6 KJV
Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:​

The word of God is chocked full of scientific discoveries and understandings. Here is a great summary of some discoveries:

http://www.eternal-productions.org/101science.html
Thank you, wow, amazing and i will study this. This is so awesome, I'm going to print all this out to meditate on it and make it mine. I feel like i'm the luckiest person to have found all of you :cry: tears of joy:)

Tell him not to confuse subjects.

Either discuss science or .....dealing with his hatred or love for what is evil.

Don't even call it faith, religion or theism. Try focus all discussion on him judging himself for his love or hatred of what is evil 1 Cor 11:31. People claim to do this, but they just don't. All you need from your husband is for him to agree with you on hating what is evil / approving of what Jesus said (turn the left cheek) and did (Gave His life. No mad man would do such. If Jesus was just a man, what a man). This leads to him repenting of his evil. This leads to him finding Jesus.

The big bang is a very silly theory. It's timeline is such to make evolution seem feasible. A carbon dated ape fossil that they want to trace to our lineage needs X amount of years to be us and hence X amount of years prior to be a flatworm and X amount of years for a flatworm to come from atoms. What completely debunked evolution and the big bang timeline for me is the claim that we came from flatworms 500 or so million years ago. They claim we as humans are unchanged for 30k years. Lets make that 2k. Lets assume that every 2k years observeable macro evolution takes place. That would eqaute to 500 million / 2k = 250k (18k if we use 30k). Now 250k sounds alot. But is it? Are there 250k observeable differences between us and a flatworm? I would say there are trillions. They can claim all the speedy evolution nonsense they want to like...evolution in populations. It is still madness. The odds of finding winning cells to make a working part are insane. Consider our lotto odds when looking for 7 winning numbers from a selection of 49 numbers. Now seeing every working body part of ours as winning combinations of atoms, from a selection pool of trillions....:cautious:. I would say our evolution from the big bang is only feasible if it occured somewhere close to infinity years ago. Evolutionists clearly never played with lego.

The only way 13 billion years can work is if there was a guiding hand involved. Astronauts or ET's helped us out. Well those are some really sick ET's and astronauts. To sit by and watch billions of years of cruel natrual selection. This is the big argument with TE's (theistic evolutionists). They can't prove God is good as nobody with a working brain will ever say natural selection is good.

Another big argument with evolution / big bang is that a God who did such is incredibly dumb. Dumb because we have the ability to do 4d printing today. God couldn't / can't? God wanted to wait billons of years before He has a creation that can actually talk and reason with Him on some level...? :LOL:

Last edited:
Has God not shown Himself Big in your life ?
Then scripture says put no other God before Him
Scripure teaches us to Think on things lovely and pure and uplifting etc - why even sow the seed of other beliefs in your mind ? I mean you have worked hard to get your mind renewed unto Gods word and ways......

Tell him you love him very much but God is your first love.
I played that game before and in the end - it was not even worth it.
I do not care who it is - I won't explore other area's opposed to the written word of God.
Pick which side of the fence you are on and stay there. :)
God Bless
James W

I believe in the big bang theory. God spoke and bang the whole universe was created. According to atheists, first there was nothing and then there was a ball of infinite mass that exploded and created the whole universe. How can you go from nothing to a ball of infinite mass?

There has been unfortunate mistrust between science and faith.

Scientists expect scientifically robust evidences to back theories. Theologians never consider whether they should examine their interpretations in the light of how the universe reveals the works of God.

This is not new. Even before the development of scientific methods, Augustine de Hippo (St Augustine) wrote much of his Literal Meaning of Genesis to address the heated arguments that came about as Christianity expanded beyond Israel and began to include people educated in Aristotelian naturalism.

We, as Christians, need to understand that the sciences are studying the universe that was made by God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

There are many in the sciences that are actively opposed to Christianity, but that does not meant that science is opposed to our Lord.

I recently viewed a YourTube video showing a long series of interviews (or snips of interviews) with scientists, PHD holders, and other ‘leaders’ in the academic, industry and research comunities. Each was stating that they did not believe on God.

At first, I was very sick at heart. In my meditation I came to the following observations:

(1) They did not include any of the many Christians who are strong in their belief, and well respected in their fields. Men like Francis Collins (Geneticist), Ken Miller (Paleontologist), and John Polkinghorne (Theoretical Physicist turned Anglican Priest). It’s easy to give a skewed impression if you cherry-pick your data points.

(2) All were expressing opinions outside their area of expertise. Although they may be disciplined thinkers, and may properly hold more sway than myself, none gave the impression that they had really thought much about it.

When I was a young man (I am an old retired person now), although the Lord kept brining me in contact with Church activities, and was working deep within my thoughts, it was through science that I first tackled with faith and belief. I came to the conclusion that not only did God make everything but that He, being infinite, was so strong that he individually willed each electron in its orbit in each atom. The details of my understanding of atomic structure have changed, but that first understanding remains in principle. Everything that physics demonstrates to happen happens because of the continuing will of God. And that understanding was through meditating on science years before I came to a personal relationship with the Lord.

I feel we, in general, should adopt an attitude of engagement with the sciences (or more to the point the scientists). Instead, we have met them as the enemy, and made them the enemy of us. Without men like Behe taking sciences to court, we would not have men like Richard Dawkins taking aim at faith.

There is much about God, and His providence, to be learned from a study of His universe.

My husband will not read the bible. He talks about all the bad stuff the religious people do, the killings in history.
This sort of argument is often used as justification for rejecting religion and rejecting the Lord's love.
It is rather a hard one to deal with, and although there are many apologetic arguments, mostly they lack any real force.
My tuppence worth is to acknowledge that there are many things in the Bible that are hard to understand partly because we are removed from the situation by centuries of time and partly because without extensive study (and prayer) we simply fail to understand why the Lord does certain things and not others perhaps as we would if we could..

Isa 55:7 let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the LORD, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.
Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
But in the end we will all give an accounting of our thoughts and actions and so for me at least this brings to mind ;
Psa 51:1 Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions.
Psa 51:2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin!
Psa 51:3 For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me.
Psa 51:4 Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment.

Niv has it somewhat different, but either way I believe that when an accusation is brought against the Lord it will not prevail, because what man has total knowledge?
We might want to judge the Lord, but what do we really know?
On the other hand, the Lord knows our every sin even those long forgotten.

I have not presented this as a sure fire fix, but just some thoughts that you might like to meditate on and modify to your own situation or discard as not so helpful.

This sort of argument is often used as justification for rejecting religion and rejecting the Lord's love.
It is rather a hard one to deal with, and although there are many apologetic arguments, mostly they lack any real force.
My tuppence worth is to acknowledge that there are many things in the Bible that are hard to understand partly because we are removed from the situation by centuries of time and partly because without extensive study (and prayer) we simply fail to understand why the Lord does certain things and not others perhaps as we would if we could..

Isa 55:7 let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the LORD, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.
Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
But in the end we will all give an accounting of our thoughts and actions and so for me at least this brings to mind ;
Psa 51:1 Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions.
Psa 51:2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin!
Psa 51:3 For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me.
Psa 51:4 Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment.

Niv has it somewhat different, but either way I believe that when an accusation is brought against the Lord it will not prevail, because what man has total knowledge?
We might want to judge the Lord, but what do we really know?
On the other hand, the Lord knows our every sin even those long forgotten.

I have not presented this as a sure fire fix, but just some thoughts that you might like to meditate on and modify to your own situation or discard as not so helpful.
Thank you so much, printing this out to go in my purse to read where ever I go, I am humble by this. A lot of work went into this I can see, thank you

Smart or cunning is not the issue .
"if any man lacketh wisdom let him ask God doubting not ......"
You can ask for wisdom in dealing with your husband and receive it according to the measure of your faith to the extent that Stephen being full of faith and wisdom could not be gainsaid by those who disputed with him
A child should learn to walk or ingest milk before he can run or eat meat .
Most questions though not all are raised to avoid the conviction of the Holy Spirit and the questions God would ask of a man .
Dont study the big bang but you can point out that even "so called science" has been forced, compelled ,driven and led by the logic of their own argument of evolution to confess that every thing started from one point.
You can either believe God or man .
another aspect about a big.................................................................................................BANG!
is that what they are really describing is a a big explosion. Indeed they used to call it the big explosion theory. But no one could accept that .For all men know who have any understanding that an explosion is destructive not creative .
What makes a bang? A balloon. Not a great condensed mass .
But I have never found people will can or do argue sensibly or reasonably but will change the subject with another objection simply to avoid the implications of your answers .
So far better then to keep to the point of his sins and Gods answer .
If a man will or can recognise the truth about his own heart who he does know ,he will or can recognise the truth about God who he does not know .
If a man then will confess or speak the truth about himself who he does know .Then he will or can confess or speak the truth about God who he does not .
But if he does not speak or confess the truth about himself who he does know .He will not nor can confess or speak the truth about God who he does not .
Do not be too easy on him. your first love must be for God.

in Christ
gerald

I believe in the big bang theory. God spoke and bang the whole universe was created. According to atheists, first there was nothing and then there was a ball of infinite mass that exploded and created the whole universe. How can you go from nothing to a ball of infinite mass?

John speaks of "ye fathers ye know Him who is from the beginning " How can one know Him who is from the beginning when you do not believe His Word? "In the beginning.................."

in Christ
gerald

In terms of the Big Bang itself, it is interesting to note that there are wonderful parallels between what Cosmologists say and the Genesis account:

[Genesis 1:1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Cosmology: Singularity leading to expansion, commonly called ‘Big Bang’, although scientists are uncomfortable about this terminology. They talk about fast expansion, explosion being more of an engineering term than a scientific term. I sometimes use the term ‘Creation Event’.

[v2] And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Cosmology: At first, there was no light. At the very first, all matter, energies and resulting forces and were undifferentiated. Later, when ‘normal’ matter could exist, it was too dense for photons to travel any appreciable distance before being absorbed.

[v3] And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Cosmology: When the primordial substance had expanded, becoming less dense and cooled sufficiently, the universe underwent a phase change (a nearly instantaneous, universe wide change in properties) and became transparent to light.

[v4] And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Cosmology: Baryonic (normal) matter began to collect into lumps, which became the stars and planets, etc.

I glossed over and simplified a lot of cosmology. As H. H. Munroe wrote in a different context, “A little inaccuracy sometimes saves a ton of explanation”. Genesis is also more of a concise description.

Back