Birds

All depends on if they have speed dial set up properly on their smart phone contact list...

Seriously, from personal experience, it could take awhile... and they do not go to feeders much during rainy or excessively hot weather or when there are plenty of bugs to feed on. Dry weather with moderate temp's and low bug count will get them to your feeder fairly quickly.

I just put a new humming bird feeder and a seed bird feeder in my backyard. Does anyone know how long it takes for the birds to find these feeders?
They'll find them. We've seen every bird in the Atlantic bird book in our back yard. We are on our third summer here and it's been so fulfilling. Put good seeds, not the cheap fillers which mostly contains ground corn cobs. We use the Pennington Ultra Songbird Blend from Wal-Mart, $16.78/bag and mix two of them in with the bird feed bag from Costco $12/bag. We used to buy just the Costco, but it wasn't what the birds like. Today, we have super brilliant colored birds, tons of babies this year and when people pass by the house it's like a concert of songs. It helps we live near the woods. But all is a blessing from the Lord. He told my wife what to do. We have 2 fountains, 2 birdbaths, six different bird feeders, and 4 hummingbird stands. It's so worth it. My favorite is the Carolina Wren. They come and play in the pots, hide-n-seek in our patio umbrella. After a while outside, they don't even care we're present and eat right next to use. Enjoy your birds (and we have many other regular four-footed beats too. Just last night, Georgina, a raccoon, brought her four babies. Surprise! Theo is a daddy - another raccoon. He's so cute which is why his kids are also so cute! Then Charles came by and spoiled their visit - Charles is a skunk, so is Maria and Mario. We even have an albino sunk named Albert. Though I've not seen him this summer. We had six fox last year, but it seems they've moved on. We also have two new Hoot Owls as well this year. I should do a book just on all of our photos. God has blessed us a lot!

They'll find them. We've seen every bird in the Atlantic bird book in our back yard. We are on our third summer here and it's been so fulfilling. Put good seeds, not the cheap fillers which mostly contains ground corn cobs. We use the Pennington Ultra Songbird Blend from Wal-Mart, $16.78/bag and mix two of them in with the bird feed bag from Costco $12/bag. We used to buy just the Costco, but it wasn't what the birds like. Today, we have super brilliant colored birds, tons of babies this year and when people pass by the house it's like a concert of songs. It helps we live near the woods. But all is a blessing from the Lord. He told my wife what to do. We have 2 fountains, 2 birdbaths, six different bird feeders, and 4 hummingbird stands. It's so worth it. My favorite is the Carolina Wren. They come and play in the pots, hide-n-seek in our patio umbrella. After a while outside, they don't even care we're present and eat right next to use. Enjoy your birds (and we have many other regular four-footed beats too. Just last night, Georgina, a raccoon, brought her four babies. Surprise! Theo is a daddy - another raccoon. He's so cute which is why his kids are also so cute! Then Charles came by and spoiled their visit - Charles is a skunk, so is Maria and Mario. We even have an albino sunk named Albert. Though I've not seen him this summer. We had six fox last year, but it seems they've moved on. We also have two new Hoot Owls as well this year. I should do a book just on all of our photos. God has blessed us a lot!
That's too funny. I love nature and animals.used to live in the country. Now I am in the suburbs......big difference but I still love the birds.

Where I live, the hummingbirds will come around & nag you until you put feeders out!! Last year was our first at this home, and the hummingbirds kept coming to the porch constantly, all day, checking for feeders... so I went and bought a few to put out.
And one day a few weeks ago, I had taken them down to clean & refill them... well one hummingbird decided I was too slow about it, so when I went out on the porch and sat down, he got right up in my face, just hovering and looking at me as if to say... "hey!! where is my food?! I've been waiting & it's not back up yet... don't just sit there- feed me!!"

Where I live, the hummingbirds will come around & nag you until you put feeders out!! Last year was our first at this home, and the hummingbirds kept coming to the porch constantly, all day, checking for feeders... so I went and bought a few to put out.
And one day a few weeks ago, I had taken them down to clean & refill them... well one hummingbird decided I was too slow about it, so when I went out on the porch and sat down, he got right up in my face, just hovering and looking at me as if to say... "hey!! where is my food?! I've been waiting & it's not back up yet... don't just sit there- feed me!!"
They are so adorable

Back