Black bean burgers (no meat involved!)

Tested, eaten, and pretty good. Nice 'meaty' texture.

1 x 400g tin black beans
75g brown rice (already cooked)
1x small onion grated
1x teaspoon salt (we all need salt!)
30g breadcrumbs

This is the basic recipe to make a good veggie burger. Mush the beans up with a fork and add all other ingredients and mix. That's it.

****However, add all other flavoursome things, garlic, chilli, herbs and spices to your own taste.****

Shape into burgers and fry. Voila :)

Have tested a lot of so called 'healthy veggie' burger recipes. And they are all horrid. This one actually has a quite meaty chunky feel to it. I like it!

Sounds great! Thanks for the recipe.

For those persons who use Imperial Measurement, this is the "approximate" conversion:

1 x 12 ounce tin black beans
2-1/2 ounce brown rice (already cooked)
1x small onion grated
1 ounce breadcrumbs

Dear brothers and sisters;

When I was in my 20s and 30s I could wolf 2 - 5 hamburgers, then play ball 3-4 times a week and burn it all off.

🎼 Those were the days, my friend, I thought they'd never end. 🎼

Today I don't get that satisfied feeling anymore when I eat an all beef hamburger. I much prefer a steak on a plate (restaurant or at home.)

The recipes for the veggie sounds good since I love black beans, easy to prepare and it doesn't seem to have many calories.

God bless you all and thank you for sharing.

Sounds great! Thanks for the recipe.

For those persons who use Imperial Measurement, this is the "approximate" conversion:

1 x 12 ounce tin black beans
2-1/2 ounce brown rice (already cooked)
1x small onion grated
1 ounce breadcrumbs

Thanks for converting the recipe. I'll attempt to do that next time. Hope I get it right!!!

Dear brothers and sisters;

When I was in my 20s and 30s I could wolf 2 - 5 hamburgers, then play ball 3-4 times a week and burn it all off.

🎼 Those were the days, my friend, I thought they'd never end. 🎼

Today I don't get that satisfied feeling anymore when I eat an all beef hamburger. I much prefer a steak on a plate (restaurant or at home.)

The recipes for the veggie sounds good since I love black beans, easy to prepare and it doesn't seem to have many calories.

God bless you all and thank you for sharing.

Those were indeed the days lol. That's why I'm eating beans now and not 5 x hamburgers :D

Couldn't find a 'really fat' emoji....

Back