Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit

I agree to disagree . Saved people indwelt by the holy spirit cannot blaspheme the holy spirit . just not possible . but if anyone were to believe something different . that's fine . God does not change regardless of what we think of Him .

Michael ... I agree . We who have the infilling of the Holy Spirit cannot blaspheme the Holy Spirit or then we are not born again believers and just fooling ourselves.

Romans 8

38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Jude 1

24To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore!

Amen.

Blessings.

Cool .

I've seen a number of ministries that specialize on a type of teaching that borders on blaspheming the Holy Spirit . what would your take on that be?

I agree to disagree . Saved people indwelt by the holy spirit cannot blaspheme the holy spirit . just not possible . but if anyone were to believe something different . that's fine . God does not change regardless of what we think of Him .

Michael,
This is an exception not the rule. Yes the Lord can keep us and if we repent the Lord forgives. But a person has a free will to purposely turned from God and go his own way if he wishes, if He does not want Him anymore. We can not disregard the fact this verse says this is one who was once enlighten and even a partaker of the Holy Ghost.

Hebrews 6:4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Michael,
This is an exception not the rule. Yes the Lord can keep us and if we repent the Lord forgives. But a person has a free will to purposely turned from God and go his own way if he wishes, if He does not want Him anymore. We can not disregard the fact this verse says this is one who was once enlighten and even a partaker of the Holy Ghost.

Agree to disagree . God is not powerless . and is able to keep us from falling .

God's ability to keep us is based on Him, not us .

there was a covenant when His ability to keep us was based on our own effort . but Jesus nailed that covenant to the cross .

I've seen a number of ministries that specialize on a type of teaching that borders on blaspheming the Holy Spirit . what would your take on that be?

I'd say when they call people who are spirit filled, demonic or a false prophet or a cult. Even criticize what happens in the services of some churches where the power of God is.

I'd say when they call people who are spirit filled, demonic or a false prophet or a cult. Even criticize what happens in the services of some churches where the power of God is.

so .. what is the biblical instruction regarding such things? How does one respond? do we at all? Just let them fall into the ditch? on a relational level what's the bible say regarding relating to people who hold such views? because if they are indeed blaspheming the holy spirit .. then this is a serious matter . but we are still called to love our neighbour .. so thus the question begged .

Ok another thought that I throw into the mix besides the Pharasees accusing Jeus of perfoming satanic acts and they did not want to accept Him as the Messiah .

The unforgiveable sin of speaking against the Holy Spirit has been interpreted in various ways , But the true meaning cannot contradict other scripture .

It is clear that the one forgivable sin is permanently rejecting Christ ..... John 3:18 and John 3:36

18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son

36Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him

Speaking against the Holy Spirit is the same as rejecting Christ with such finality that no future repentance is possible

God said my spirit will not always strive with man .... Genesis 6: 3

Speaking against the Holy Spirit is the same as rejecting Christ with such finality that no future repentance is possible

I agree to disagree with salespitch gospel . i won't elaborate because i've spent enough time in the
Free Willie Soteriology Aquarium today . but i know lots of people who rejected the messenger strongly at first but not the Christ being spoken of . no one can know the heart, only God .

I agree to disagree with salespitch gospel . i won't elaborate because i've spent enough time in the Free Willie Soteriology Aquarium today . but i know lots of people who rejected the messenger strongly at first but not the Christ being spoken of . no one can know the heart, only God .

That's fine Michael . You can disagree but it is not a salespitch and I don't really like that word . What I am saying is some one who actually hardens their heart and turns there back on God and says there is not God and refuses to repent. I am talking about those who never repent.

Yes there are those who reject Christ at first and do come to the Lord and I am not talking about those people .

Please do not try to twist this into something that is not and with that I will withdrow from the conversation because I do not want to be accused of upsetting and apple cart . I said my points and am done .... Thanks and God Bless.

Aww, don't go being offended .

"take it or leave it" just sounds pitchy . and God gives lots of chances .. that's all .

(and no, what you clarified . is not what it appeared at first . apologies how the tenor of the thread painted my perception)

sorry if i sounded argumentative .

okie .. i'm outta here too . i'm surprised things went as well as they did considering the topic . and sorry again Dusty .

Blessings .

I used to think I was a Christian 10 years ago.
But I wasnt - Now I have seen the Holy Spirit at work and felt the Holy Spirit at work, I realize that I had never seen Him before.
I could not blasphemy Him knowing the work He does now and I dont think I could even fall away from God, Hes just shown me to much.
So I would still have to say that a proper Christian thats somewhat maturing towards the Holy Spirit couldn't commit this. - Unless they were doing so because they think they are "Bigger than God"
My thoughts are not my heart and in fact they only become thoughts when I try to make them NOT be there.
I dislike them so much I wont even repeat them. - I respect God and His Holy Spirit so much I wouldnt even repeat the words to share with others whats going on.
Its all a battle of my mind, it seems satan is trying to get me to thinking I have committed this, so I will give up.

The Holy Spirit is obviously in me, so much has been accomplished already and without His conviction I wouldn't care when I sin, but as it stands I REALLY care when I sin, so much that I am even trying to remove bad thoughts about people and lust thought.
So I am not just worried about sinful actions, but sinful thought.
THAT IS THE HOLY SPIRIT!

That's fine Michael . You can disagree but it is not a salespitch and I don't really like that word . What I am saying is some one who actually hardens their heart and turns there back on God and says there is not God and refuses to repent. I am talking about those who never repent.
And this is basically the sin, without going in to detail.

This is what I think now:
It is permanent rejection of God, it is rejection of the Holy Spirit.

This sin is worse than just saying a few unmeant words (Or even thoughts), God dont play games with our salvation! so its obviously NOTHING to do with unmeant words, more to do with the rejection of our lord and knowingly (Not MISTAKENLY) calling the Holy Spirit you know whats works. ( I wont even say it, because I have that much respect for the AMAZING HOLY SPIRIT!)
It is a statement that you are bigger than God and reject what He has openly offered you and want to be with satan? (Maybe)
It is imposable for any one God opens the Kingdom up to do, absolutely impossible. (Well I sure hope you wouldn't reject God when He made Himself Obviously clear to you)

A side note (Thought): You can only speak against what you KNOW! -
And we must remember that God wants us to be able to discern Good from evil. - How can we do that if we fear of accidental blasphemy of the Holy Spirit? (This is a question for anyone who thinks it is unmeant words BTW so feel free to reply)

Back