Blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit

To summarise Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is to declare works done by Holy Spirit/God to have been done by Satan. If a person is blaspheming the HOly SPirit, then it will almost go without saying that they would never be a member of a Christian forum or even go into a church, so I wouldn't worry about it.

In my opinion:

The Word of God is meant to be understood; to those to whom it is revealed at the time they need it. I struggled with this for a long time and I have formed an opinion on the subject as I have grown in the Word. My opinion is this: it is nearly impossible for a human to 'blaspheme' the Holy Spirit-you would have to deny any 'Good' thing in this world and have a heart completely filled with iniquity. This is why "hell" is for reserved the devil and his angel followers; hell was not designed for human kind-separated by God, but by denying God in this life; many will be 'left behind'/ separated if you will; by the choices they have made.

I base my opinion on a few simple facts of our God:

* He is a Loving God
* He delights in Mercy-He forgives much
* He died to SAVE us from hell; but leaves us with free will to make that choice.
* None are worthy of heaven for we are all are sinners and God desires that ALL would be SAVED!
* All "Good" things are of God; you would have to deny them all to completely blaspheme the Holy Spirit as God uses ALL things for His purpose and Glory in the end.

Satan/ Lucifer / the devil got booted out of heaven for his complete and total iniquity in his heart. I suppose there will be some men guilty of this sin as well....

Testing things to see if they are of God or man, is a normal part of being a Christian - don't be too hard on yourself. If you actively seek Gods will, you're doing the right thing. The Holy Spirit will always guide you and correct you.

In my opinion:

The Word of God is meant to be understood; to those to whom it is revealed at the time they need it. I struggled with this for a long time and I have formed an opinion on the subject as I have grown in the Word. My opinion is this: it is nearly impossible for a human to 'blaspheme' the Holy Spirit-you would have to deny any 'Good' thing in this world and have a heart completely filled with iniquity. This is why "hell" is for reserved the devil and his angel followers; hell was not designed for human kind-separated by God, but by denying God in this life; many will be 'left behind'/ separated if you will; by the choices they have made.

I base my opinion on a few simple facts of our God:

* He is a Loving God
* He delights in Mercy-He forgives much
* He died to SAVE us from hell; but leaves us with free will to make that choice.
* None are worthy of heaven for we are all are sinners and God desires that ALL would be SAVED!
* All "Good" things are of God; you would have to deny them all to completely blaspheme the Holy Spirit as God uses ALL things for His purpose and Glory in the end.

Satan/ Lucifer / the devil got booted out of heaven for his complete and total iniquity in his heart. I suppose there will be some men guilty of this sin as well....

I agree. God and Jesus Christ forgive always, and I don't think they would ever be hateful like "Oh you did a sin? Banned from Heaven!", but then again, people tell me that I have to stop sinning completely, but that's impossible, and then I lose the hope that what if I am not saved anymore even if I pray for forgiveness because I always sin...

Testing things to see if they are of God or man, is a normal part of being a Christian - don't be too hard on yourself. If you actively seek Gods will, you're doing the right thing. The Holy Spirit will always guide you and correct you.

That's what I thought... that we are supposed to make sure so we aren't deceived.

I agree. God and Jesus Christ forgive always, and I don't think they would ever be hateful like "Oh you did a sin? Banned from Heaven!", but then again, people tell me that I have to stop sinning completely, but that's impossible, and then I lose the hope that what if I am not saved anymore even if I pray for forgiveness because I always sin...

Everyone sins. Don't lose hope. It's if you are sinning and unrepentant of your sin... like willfully continuing to sin.

That's what I thought... that we are supposed to make sure so we aren't deceived.

Everyone sins. Don't lose hope. It's if you are sinning and unrepentant of your sin... like willfully continuing to sin.

okay... But then it depends if I need to repent the things I do. I dress like an anime or other cartoon character because I want to look like an anime or other cartoon character, and anime and other cartoon characters always wear miniskirts, for example, Tsukasa Hiiragi and Candace Flynn, but my skirts are the same length like Candace Flynn, they cover half of the thighs, and I wear colorful, dark or grey t-shirts, tank tops (I usually wear tank tops because I sweat a lot) and tube tops (only during warm days), and during warm days only I wear minishorts because they are fashion and during cold days I wear leggings and socks and a white turtleneck sweater also. And my purpose is not to make men lust or fantasize about me, and actually, most guys don't care about the thing rthat I wear clothes, they fantasize or lust only if they see my hairstyle and face, but if I have to cover my head and face because guys lust or fantasize about me because they see my hair and face, then that rule is Islamic, not Christian. Also, I don't really repent watching some series and movies, because they are fiction, and I also don't repent listening to the music I like, but do I have to if they don't cause me problems?

okay... But then it depends if I need to repent the things I do. I dress like an anime or other cartoon character because I want to look like an anime or other cartoon character, and anime and other cartoon characters always wear miniskirts, for example, Tsukasa Hiiragi and Candace Flynn, but my skirts are the same length like Candace Flynn, they cover half of the thighs, and I wear colorful, dark or grey t-shirts, tank tops (I usually wear tank tops because I sweat a lot) and tube tops (only during warm days), and during warm days only I wear minishorts because they are fashion and during cold days I wear leggings and socks and a white turtleneck sweater also. And my purpose is not to make men lust or fantasize about me, and actually, most guys don't care about the thing rthat I wear clothes, they fantasize or lust only if they see my hairstyle and face, but if I have to cover my head and face because guys lust or fantasize about me because they see my hair and face, then that rule is Islamic, not Christian. Also, I don't really repent watching some series and movies, because they are fiction, and I also don't repent listening to the music I like, but do I have to if they don't cause me problems?

Polly, have you ever read the Bible? I would suggest reading it, even if you already have (I am rereading it now). Ask God to guide you and show you the way. Read His Word. Follow it.

As far as the dress... I dress modestly. If men still lust, there is not much I can do (not saying they do). Regardless, I have to know that I am doing the right thing. I cannot purposely dress provocatively because I know it will cause men to lust. I do the right thing and if a man still does the wrong thing, well there isn't much I can do. Does that make sense?

Here are a few verses about modesty:

9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

http://www.openbible.info/topics/modesty (several verses in this link).

Polly, have you ever read the Bible? I would suggest reading it, even if you already have (I am rereading it now). Ask God to guide you and show you the way. Read His Word. Follow it.

As far as the dress... I dress modestly. If men still lust, there is not much I can do (not saying they do). Regardless, I have to know that I am doing the right thing. I cannot purposely dress provocatively because I know it will cause men to lust. I do the right thing and if a man still does the wrong thing, well there isn't much I can do. Does that make sense?

Here are a few verses about modesty:

9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

http://www.openbible.info/topics/modesty (several verses in this link).

Okay. I never wear expensive clothes, but the only expensive pieces of apparel are my Hard Rock Cafe shirt with a beautiful picture and fake plastic rhinestones (31 euros) and my Tommy Hilfiger glasses (they are hipster glasses but I use them for my vision because I have a bad vision), but my shoes for the cold days are ankle boots adorned with little belts and with fake metal and they were about 55 euros but I bought them because they were the shoes I've been looking for and they will be very long lasting. During warm days I wear green havaiana sandals, and the sandals are about 20-40 euros. And my hairstyle is a platinum blonde bob haircut with a diagonally cut fringe and a green streak on the right side of the hair, and I wear a green hard C-shaped headband.

Okay. I never wear expensive clothes, but the only expensive pieces of apparel are my Hard Rock Cafe shirt with a beautiful picture and fake plastic rhinestones (31 euros) and my Tommy Hilfiger glasses (they are hipster glasses but I use them for my vision because I have a bad vision), but my shoes for the cold days are ankle boots adorned with little belts and with fake metal and they were about 55 euros but I bought them because they were the shoes I've been looking for and they will be very long lasting. During warm days I wear green havaiana sandals, and the sandals are about 20-40 euros. And my hairstyle is a platinum blonde bob haircut with a diagonally cut fringe and a green streak on the right side of the hair, and I wear a green hard C-shaped headband.

I don't think we are supposed to set out to buy all the latest trends and spend all our money on clothing and jewels. Are you overly focused on these things? How old are you?

I don't think we are supposed to set out to buy all the latest trends and spend all our money on clothing and jewels. Are you overly focused on these things? How old are you?

I am 18yo. And I don't want to wear boring clothes and I don't want to have natural hair. My hair doesn't grow so long anyway. Only till shoulders.

To summarise Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is to declare works done by Holy Spirit/God to have been done by Satan. If a person is blaspheming the HOly SPirit, then it will almost go without saying that they would never be a member of a Christian forum or even go into a church, so I wouldn't worry about it.

that would be a good assumption if wolf's in sheep's clothing didn't exist ..

the HS is the spirit of the one God, that proceeds from the Father ..

Mat 12:31
“Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven.

g988
βλασφημία blasphēmia
slander, detraction, speech injurious, to another's good name
impious and reproachful speech injurious to divine majesty

Root Word (Etymology)
From βλάσφημος (G989)
speaking evil, slanderous, reproachful, railing, abusive

take your pick .. do ANY OF THAT towards the ONE GOD and you screwed up .. many do not understand the God head, and as such the ONE GOD cuts slack to those who may "at first" reject Jesus ..
(however, if you still deny Him by the end, He will deny you)

Mat 12:32
“Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Last edited:
What are boring clothes?

For me boring clothes are just very plain and covering one colored normal clothes that don't have any text or picture. You know, like very normal clothes. But I like my clothes cute and colorful or dark. And I don't like skirts that are longer that cover more than half of the thighs, because I'll feel very uncute and boring and quite "grannyish". I also don't like the real life fashion clothes what most girls wear. I like anime clothes because anime clothes make me feel happy and cute like a cartoon character. Also, my role model are the anime girls because they tend to be very nice and innocent and cute. For me boring clothes are the casual style clothes... And I don't think the anime or cartoon style is sexual...

I still don't really understand what does the adorning sin mean. Does it mean only braiding hair, wearing pearls and gold, and expensive things only, or can it also be the anime or cartoon style even thought the clothes of the anime style are never expensive. And also, what if I get an expensive gold or pearl necklace as a present and I would like to wear it because it was a present for me? I also don't think that we have to dress like only casual or normal if we can't adorn?

And is it also really a sin to have a cool hairstyle like what I have? I have a platinum blonde bob haircut with a diagonal fringe and a green streak but my natural hair color is a dark ash blonde that's almost light ash brown but my natural hair color looks like a grey color with a hint of brown or red, and I like the bob hairstyle because a lot of anime girls have bob haircuts, and my hair doesn't grow so long. It only grows till shoulders. My hair is chin-length.

Last edited:
I think it's important to make sure we do what God wants us to do, even if we don't want to. I don't know if your clothing is immodest because I haven't seen it, personally. Do you feel it is immodest?

As far as adorning... it's probably the intent. Like do we adorn ourselves to attract attention?

I think it's important to make sure we do what God wants us to do, even if we don't want to. I don't know if your clothing is immodest because I haven't seen it, personally. Do you feel it is immodest?

As far as adorning... it's probably the intent. Like do we adorn ourselves to attract attention?

Well, I could show you a picture of me, but depends that how can I show it. But I don't think my anime style is immodest, and I also don't think that miniskirts that completely cover the butt but cover only half of the thighs is immodest... Why would legs and thighs be very taboo parts? They are really not so private parts. They are for walking...

And I wear nice anime apparel and I have a special hairstyle because I like special styles, and I don't attract attention. I just want to look like an anime or cartoon character. :3

I don't really know how to show pictures on here. Probably the "upload a file" button. You shouldn't post a real picture of yourself because we are on the internet, though. Better safe than sorry.

Looking back, I realize that when I was your age, I dressed immodestly sometimes. I feel bad now about it. As I aged, I did it less and less and now I don't do it at all (I'm 32). I don't think age is an excuse, though. I should have done better. Other young girls did better than me. I think that as you are convicted by the Holy Spirit, you will know if you need to change it. You seem pretty worried about it, so I would ask yourself if the way you dress is immodest. I think you know if it is or not, right?

I don't really know how to show pictures on here. Probably the "upload a file" button. You shouldn't post a real picture of yourself because we are on the internet, though. Better safe than sorry.

Looking back, I realize that when I was your age, I dressed immodestly sometimes. I feel bad now about it. As I aged, I did it less and less and now I don't do it at all (I'm 32). I don't think age is an excuse, though. I should have done better. Other young girls did better than me. I think that as you are convicted by the Holy Spirit, you will know if you need to change it. You seem pretty worried about it, so I would ask yourself if the way you dress is immodest. I think you know if it is or not, right?

Well, the Holy Spirit doesn't seem to tell me anything about the way I dress...

And I wear usually tank tops only because I sweat a lot, and during warm days I wear tube tops sometimes because tube tops are quite popular.

Back