Blessed are the peacemakers….but how?

There’s no denying we live in crazy times (some would even say possibly end times but that’s a discussion for another thread). It seems wars never end, disease and illness are everywhere, political drama occurs every day, and people are embracing hedonistic lifestyles.

All of this has seemed to have led to a dramatic increase in hatred and intolerance especially for those who don’t toe the line for whatever society deems to be the appropriate point of view. Gone are the days when people can disagree on some things but still get along in a civil manner. I fear significantly more violence may be on our horizon.

So how do we make peace or try to help the world make peace without compromising our spiritual beliefs? In a world where we are beginning to be hated more and more and labeled as intolerant or bigoted, how can we try to help the world be a more peaceful place? Especially if the world doesn’t care to hear anything we have to say simply because of our spiritual beliefs?

So how do we make peace or try to help the world make peace without compromising our spiritual beliefs? In a world where we are beginning to be hated more and more and labeled as intolerant or bigoted, how can we try to help the world be a more peaceful place? Especially if the world doesn’t care to hear anything we have to say simply because of our spiritual beliefs?
Hello Skipper;

I hope you and your family are doing well.

I woke up at 230am this morning and had so many questions, many that you just shared, hit me from all sides in my mind.

So what do I do? Instead of entertaining the questions and thoughts, I immediately sat up in my bed and began to pray.

The questions of the world didn't go away but the Lord gave me the Word that it starts with me doing my part. He also reassured me that He is here and sees all. That alone gives me peace and calm.

I feel helpless to the world conditions but the peace and calm helps me think better in Christ, and roll up my sleeves as the Lord guides me.

Blessed are the peacemakers....but how?

The Lord searches my heart, attitude and my marriage. Am I sustaining the Christian foundation with my family, first?

In my own backyard
I am dealing with personal hedonistic behavior with a couple church members, besides the problems of young adults, the elderly, the sick, the unbelievers. The Lord has given me instruction and guidance how to address them as He leads.

In my community instead of being a witness, am I truly loving the community besides sharing the gospel?

In my country instead of taking the place of God and cursing our leaders and agendas, am I sincerely praying for them?

In our world instead of token prayers, am I reaching out to whom I am in contact with?

One thing we must remember. God guides us within the capacities of our part, yet He never runs out of reinforcements - servants who have the capacity to serve as well.

I feel helpless and can't do it all, but God can. He sees all but also sees me and continuously searches my heart.

Jeremiah 32:17, 17 ‘Ah, Lord God! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you.

Proverbs 15:3, 3 The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, 13 The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. 14 For God will bring every deed into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil.

As men and women of God, Skipper, Jesus warned and encouraged us ahead of time to stand firm from all sides and walk in obedience. Walking in obedience to God blesses the peacemaker.

Let's press on together.

God bless you, brother and your whole family.

I believe that we are steadily approaching a time of great persecution.

While the world around us might be in great turmoil, we can still be a blessing to others as we remain calm, trusting God in our daily lives. The peace God brings us can bring a measure of peace to others around us.

Small acts of kindness even bring smiles to strangers. These days we see many more walking on the street. I tend to make lots of room when I can for those walking the streets. Many times I have seen smiles and hand waves of appreciation.

Though the world in general acts in great strife, our smaller worlds can be peaceful and quiet places that bring a measure of comfort and joy to others.

There’s no denying we live in crazy times (some would even say possibly end times but that’s a discussion for another thread). It seems wars never end, disease and illness are everywhere, political drama occurs every day, and people are embracing hedonistic lifestyles.

All of this has seemed to have led to a dramatic increase in hatred and intolerance especially for those who don’t toe the line for whatever society deems to be the appropriate point of view. Gone are the days when people can disagree on some things but still get along in a civil manner. I fear significantly more violence may be on our horizon.

Good question Skipper.

I think it should be understood that as for wars and rumors of war, Jesus told us in Matthew. 24 that they are a sure thing. As the time of Christ's return grows closer, WAR is a validation of His promise of what would be one of the signs of His 2nd Coming.

Then I would say that on an individual and personal level, the ultimate example of taking action to cultivate future harmony is God’s choice to reconcile the human race to Himself by sending down His only Son to serve as the final sacrifice for our sins as seen in Colossians 1:20 and John 3:16.

Likewise, the Greek word translated as “peacemaker” in Matthew 5:9 is a word used to describe someone who actively proclaims God’s Word to reconcile the listener with the Lord. In both examples, we see that peacemaking entails taking some action to unite parties that had once been at odds..........the lost sinner to God's love.

Well I just plant a garden, or pray for healing .....why do I need to give my opinion on every political scrapfight?

I agree and appreciate most all that was said but let me add another dimension to the thought.
The beattitudes are not only what should be but perhaps more what is. We know the Scriptures have a two fold purpose. They are descriptive of what God is doing but also a measure that will be used at judgment day. We know that God does all things, we can't work up any self-righteousness. So I think an interesting perspective to consider that Jesus is laying out the qualities of the blessed, for in MT 5:12 -16 He caps it off with instruction followed by a rebuke to all the unbelievers who were hearing Him.
So the blessings received are those bestowed on His own in this life as well as in the next.
Let me close with this. If a person would choose to walk away, what would we walk to? If we don't have an answer for that it shows that we are truly blessed.

But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. (2Ti 3:1-5)

As far as the last/end days go, I believe we are there since the regathering of the Jews to their homeland Israel.
What to do about it? Continue to do what the Church is supposed to do...it will happen as prophesied.

Hello Lanolin;

Not your opinion, but your heart be it prayer and forgiveness for those leaders who are in the thick of political scrap fights, especially the ones who have strayed.
..like the the govt? But that is the nature of it, they are always arguing over everything.

One party gets in power, and the other becomes the opposition. They even call it 'leader of the opposition'. Even though they all may get a seat, they divide the room in half and often shout at each other, over who gets MORE seats!

I think it's like saying to boxers in the rings. Come on guys, you don't REALLY need to punch each other up. Let's just have a cup of tea. I'll give you BOTH medals.

Back